Chapter 23

Locker-Confined Affection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I took a big amount of air into my lungs and slowly breathed out. “. It still won’t stop.”

“What’s wrong?”

I looked up from the sink with a hand on my chest. “ Kibum. Don’t scare me like that.”

Kibum raised his brows at me. “Wow. You think you’re too cool to curse me now?”

I hissed in irritation then the faucet and splashed my face with cold water again. We just stayed in silence for about some minutes with Kibum standing by the door and with me bent over the sink. Then Kibum straightened up with a knowing smirk on his face.

“Oh. Jitters huh?” he asked.

“It took you about three minutes to notice that?”

“Quit ing and just tell me your problem.” He walked over handed me a handkerchief.

I dried my face first before resting my head over his shoulder. “I don’t know if I can do this.”

He just shook with laughter.

‘You’re supposed to comfort me babo.”

He calmed down a bit then my hair. “That’s normal, you know.”

“I know it’s normal but, hell, I’m a different case. This is the first time I’m actually going to communicate with people.”

“You’re no alien Taemin. That’s Minho’s role.”

“Kibum~ you’re not helping.” I punched him slightly on his other shoulder.

“What? I’m trying to get your mind of the performance and light things up for you. Isn’t that enough?”

No. obviously, it’s not enough.

I just let out a grunt and moved away from him. “I think I need some fresh air.” I started off to the door but after three steps I was pulled into hug.

“Sorry.”

“Why can’t you act like you care? Just for once.”

Kibum stilled. “I care for you Taemin. You don’t know how much I do.”

Somehow, I don’t feel that Kibum.

I wrapped my own arms around him and murmured against his shirt. “I believe you.”

“Eherm.”

Kibum looked up and then let go of me immediately. I turned around to see who dared disturb our little moment here. Cold eyes met with mine and for a second there I felt a shiver run down my spine.

“Krystal…” I scratched the back of my neck. “What’s up?”

She switched eyes between us while I watched as Kibum got himself busy with a loose thread on his shirt.  

“Show’s about to start. You guys better get ready. Especially you.” She pointed at Kibum. “Nana’s been fretting over her eye makeup. She doesn’t want to pale in comparison to you during your dance.”

I heard Kibum fake a laugh. I know it’s fake, it’s not as adorable as the ones I hear from him whenever he’s with me.

“I guess I better go then.” KIbum took step forward but I held on to his arm.

“I’m coming with you.”

“Of course he will” Krystal said. We both looked at her in surprise. “Well, he’s going to dance too. Duh. You two are such creeps.” She one last look at me then walked away.

“I know she’s your friend,” I said as we started walking towards our dressing room.

“She’s your friend too.”

“But you’re closer to her. Anyway, she’s scaring me.” Kibum slowed down his steps and shook his head.

“Don’t get her wrong. She cares for you too.” Then Kibum pushed open the door and smacked a sleeping Sulli on the forehead on the way.

“I know She cares for me. That’s the main reason why I’m scared of her.”

But I can’t tell him that. He’ll think that I’m mean and ungrateful. I better keep my mouth shut about this.

--

We were huddled in a circle backstage. I could the tension in the air. Huffs and puffs can be heard everywhere. They’ve done this a lot of times, right? Why are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter