Chapter 19

Locker-Confined Affection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3rd person's POV

Taemin rolled on his back and stretched his arms. His bed is unusually soft this morning. His left arm hit a bony shoulder-making him open his eyes abruptly. He backed away when he realized that it’s a boy and soon enough he was off the bed. He grunted as he sat himself up on his elbows.


“Ow…”

The bed creaked and Kibum’s face came into view. He rubbed his eyes and yawned. “Taeminnie?”

Taemin held his breath as he took in the other’s features.   Kibum’s face was pale. His lips were pouty and a bit chapped and his hair was a mess but in Taemin’s eyes, he was perfect and he wished that he could wake up to this every morning.  He mentally slapped himself at the thought. It’s too early for that.

“What are you doing down there?” Key slurred.

“Sit ups.” He tapped his tummy. “Nothing like a great morning to tone your abs.”

Kibum chuckled and it was so husky that a shiver ran down Taemin’s spine.

“Now get up and get ready for school.”

Taemin nodded and got up. “You just rest there.”

“I think I can go back to school now.”

Taemin glared at the other. “No.”

 Kibum raised a brow at the authority of the younger’s voice. “Who died and made you my hyung?”

“Just take a rest. Please?” Taemin showed puppy eyes and Kibum’s resolve crushed.

“Aish. Fine.” Kibum laid back on the bed. “I’m assigning you to lead the team.”

“M-me?”

“If you don’t want to…” Kibum swung a leg off the bed. “I guess I’ll do it…”

Taemin pushed him back. “I said stay.”

“Do I look like a dog to you???” Kibum screeched.

“No…” Taemin rubbed the other’s chin and smiled. “You’re a kitty.”

Kibum showed his eye smile that heightened Taemin’s amusement. The younger can imagine the other grow cat ears and whisker and almost feel him purr.

A loud knock cut the two boys’ moment.

“Key-ah…” Junsu’s voice came from beyond the door. “Are you awake?”

Kibum quickly settled on the bed and hid under the covers while Taemin straightened up. “Come in, hyung.”

Junsu smiled as he saw Taemin. “You’re awake. I thought I heard Key’s voice.”  He walked over to Kibum and tucked him in. “He’s still sound asleep. Come Taemin. Let’s get you ready for school.” Junsu ushered him out of the room but before the door closes, Taemin glanced over his shoulder and saw Kibum wave him goodbye and he doubts if he can concentrate on anything today.

---

“Taemin-ah!” Jinki waved to him from the cafeteria entrance with Minho trailing (super) close behind. “How’s Kibum?” He asked when he was already at the table.

“He’s fine. Right Minho hyung?”

Jinki lowered his eyes and made a side glance to Minho.

“Y-yeah…”

“You carried Kibum hyung one time right? Wow. You really are his knight in shining armor.” Taemin continued to tease the older guy.

Jinki stiffened and proceeded to eat his food. Minho kicked Taemin under the table and gave him a  flaming stare. He mouthed a ‘shut up’ before offering his slice of cake to Jinki which the latter didn’t accept.

The maknae laughed at the two. He doesn’t know what’s the progress with these two but it’s obvious that the feeling is mutual between them. Maybe Taemin needs to play cupid some time.

---

At dance practice, everyone’s okay with Taemin being in charge. Everyone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter