Chapter 11

Locker-Confined Affection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Wednesday

It was before lunchtime when I noticed some students crowding over the bulletin board.  What happened? I walked over to the crowd but still a few steps away. I’d rather wait here than push myself in. I leaned against the wall and flipped open my phone. A new message from Minho-hyung.

To: Taemin

From: Minho hyung

Hey Taem, where are you? Let’s eat. It’s just me and Jinki here. Have you seen Kibum?

I pressed the buttons and sent my reply.

To: Minho hyung

From: Taemin

I don’t know where he is. I’ll look for him. I’ll just look at something before I go. Meanwhile, why won’t you and Jinki hyung  bond? I’m sure you’ll like him. ;)

I smiled inwardly. My role as cupid is slowly taking place.

“Hey you.”

I looked up to see three guys standing in front of me.

“Me?”

“You’re Lee Taemin right?”

I nodded. “Why?”

The guy crunched his knuckles. From my experience, that was not a good sign. “You’re the top auditionee.”

I smiled. “really?” Suddenly, I got excited. I can’t wait to tell Heechul hyung.

“Yah. Why are you smiling?”

My smile faltered at the boy’s seriousness. “T-that’s a good thing right?”

“The other boy scoffed and grabbed my collar. “It’s a good thing for you…but for us…it’s the opposite.”

“What?”

“You do know that whoever tops the audition gets to join the team in next month’s inter-school competition…you know that right?”

What is he talking about? I shook my head.

“Don’t act like you don’t know anything.” His grip on my collar tightened-choking me a little. “That spot was mine until you barged in.”

“Hey.” The other boy said. “Aren’t you a friend of Kibum?”

“Oh…he must’ve influenced him…”

“Or maybe he’s his boyfriend.”  I glared at him, removed his hands from my collar and pushed him away. He was surprised and was about to land a punch at me when someone got in between us.

“Stop this!”

“Don’t get involved Krystal.”

“How can I not be involved? You’re messing with my boyfriend!” She grabbed my arm and pulled me away. “He deserves that spot. Don’t be too full of yourself.” She walked away from the crowded dragging me along. When we were in a safe distance from them she let go of my arm. “Are you okay?”

I nodded.

“Don’t mind him. He’s just a jerk who think he’s all that.” She offered her hand to me. “I’m Jung Krystal.”

I shook her hand and smiled. “I’m Lee”-

“Taemin. I know. I’m a member of the club.”

Of course I know that. “Thanks for saving me.”

“It’s nothing.” She started walking again. I walked with her.

“uhmmm…about the-”

“The boyfriend thing?” she chukled. “ Don’t take it seriously. It’s just a cover.”

“Okay…so…uhm…did you have lunch already?”

She shook her head.

“Want to eat with me?”

She stopped walking and faced me. Her face seemed to glow. “Sure.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter