Chapter 18

Locker-Confined Affection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Wait,” my arm tensed in mid-air after I shook the older man’s hand. “I thought Kibum’s an only child…”

The man chuckled a bit and settled into his seat. “Well, technically, I’m his cousin. His parents sort of adopted me. They took care of me and sent me to school. Kibum treats me as an older brother too.”

But he never mentioned you before. I wanted to shout out. “o-okay…” I looked at Minho with pleading eyes. “Can I see him now?”

Miinho shook his head lightly. “I don’t think he’ll like that.”

Does he hate me that much now? “But hyung…”

“Minho,” Junsu hyung started. “Does Taemin know why Kibum’s sick?”

Minho looked at me then back at Junsu hyung. “No, he doesn’t.”

“That’s typically Key.” He stood up and made his way to the kitchen. “I’ll get you two some drinks. Meanwhile, why don’t you tell the poor kid what’s going on? I’m pretty sure he deserves it.”

Thank god someone’s helping me. I gave the oldest a small smile as he left us two alone. “Hyung…what happened to him?”

He cleared his throat then looked at the stairs. “Uhm…he’s…over-fatigued.”
“But he’s always over-worked. That couldn’t be the only reason he’s like this.”

“Taemin, Kibum been staying late at school to practice. It’s been going on for weeks now.”

“Practicing for what? The dance competition? Why would he risk his health for that??”

“He wants to win.”

I scoffed as I ran my fingers through my hair in irritation. “That’s just silly, hyung. That’s just so stupid of him.”

“Taem. You don’t understand. You guys need to win.”

“I didn’t know he cared for winning that much to make himself suffer.”

“You guys need to win because his dream is on the line.”

I stared into Minho’s eyes. “his dream?”

“’Professors for a prestigious dance school is going to watch the competition. Kibum wants to go in that school. He believes that his chances are low if you guys lose. Plus, he doesn’t want to let you guys down. He keeps on insisting me to come over at the dance studio and watch him, see if the new steps he made are better than before.”

“So the night when we were supposed to eat out…”

“He was about to go to you but he fainted. I rushed him to the hospital that night. Kibum just insisted to go home the same night because he didn’t want Junsu hyung to worry.”

Something bad filled me. Maybe it’s guilt, I’ve been a big jerk to Kibum these days. I didn’t know he’s been facing so much, I just added to the fire when I said I regret meeting him. I am such an .

I sighed and leaned my back on the chair. I closed my eyes and tried to calm myself because there’s something else. Jealousy perhaps. Of who? Of Minho of course. Kibum told him everything. Kibum looked for him for comfort. Kibum asked him for support. Not me. Have I not been a good friend to Kibum? Doesn’t he trust me?

Then a soft whimper was heard from the second floor. “He’s awake.” Minho said.

“I’ll go see him.” I stood up and went for t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter