Chapter 12

Locker-Confined Affection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thursday

Coming from a roller-coaster day, I woke up hoping that this day will be a lot better. I practically crawled out of bed. I didn’t sleep that much. How the hell could I sleep thinking that Minho and Kibum are somewhere out there enjoying each other’s company so much. I know I don’t have the right to be jealous, Minho IS Kibum’s bestfriend after all but I know I have the right to feel hurt. Having the only person (except for my brother) who really cares for me ignore me is enough to stab me in the heart. It feels like betrayal. He told me he cares for me. I can feel it too in the way he treats me…why does he have to ignore me now?

“Hey Taemin-ah. Why are you sulking so early in the morning? This is different from the Taemin I saw these past few days.”

I looked up from my soaked cereal and to my brother’s worried eyes. “It’s nothing hyung. I just didn’t get enough sleep last night.”

“If you feel so tired then you can just stay here and rest.”

And prolong the agony of not knowing what Minho and Kibum did last night? No way. “It’s alright hyung. I can always go to the clinic if I don’t feel well.”

“Araso…take care okay?”

“Yes hyung…”

~

Today is a great day to walk to school.  A little fresh air could do me good. Then my phone rang. Oh. Please. Please. Let it be Ki-

“Taemin Oppa?”

“Krystal?”

“Good morning…uhm. Are you off to school now?”
“Yes I am. Why?”

“Can you help me bring some things to school?”

I have to turn back to our street now. Good timing Krystal.

“Oppa? Are you still there?”

“Yes, I’m still here. What do you need those things for?”

“Kibum oppa asked me to-”

No need to say more. “I’ll be there in a few minutes.”  I my heel and treaded back.

It wouldn’t hurt if I grab every chance to up to Kibum right?

At school

I settled down the plastic bags and boxes at a corner in Kibum’s office. I grabbed my handkerchief inside my pocket and wiped the sweat forming on my forehead. I didn’t know that when Krystal said I’ll help her carry these it meant that I’m the only one who’s going to do the work. Damn chivalry.

I looked around the office. It was empty. “Where’s Kibum?”

Krystal was fixing the boxes and double checking the contents. “He’s coming in late.”

All that work for nothing? I thought this would be my chance to be in Kibum’s good side. “Why?”

“He said Minho’s taking him out for breakfast.”

Great. Just great. I face-palmed and sighed. I decided even though Kibum didn’t see me doing this work at least I have good karma. Good deeds are rewarded well right?

But it seems fate likes to toy with me. We just went out from the office and was about to go to class when Minho and Kibum suddenly came to view. They were giggling with each other like crazy.

“Taemin!” Minho waved at me enthusiastically. His smile seemed to drain out all the energy in me. Krystal grabbed on to my arm, her action suddenly woke me up.

“What are you two doing here?” Kibum asked when he got closer.

“Uhm…we brought the costume and props.”

Kibum raised a brow but shrugged it off. “C’mon Minho, we’re going to be late for class.” He linked his left arm with the taller’s right on.

“See you around. “ Minho looked back and smirked at me.

Wow. Good morning to you two too. My shoulders sank. I guess this marks the day when I stopped believing in karma.

~

Lunch time was worse, I reached our table with furrowed brows. Jinki hyung is seated sulking at one side while Kibum seated at the other one. Jinki hyung looked up to me with grateful eyes, it’s as if I’ve been a miracle in flesh. Before I could even sit next to Kibum, Jinki hyung scooted and patted the space next to him. I’m not stupid so I just followed him and it was a good thing. Just as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter