Chapter 25

Locker-Confined Affection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

When I came to school this morning, news about what happened to Kibum spread around. Some people were worried, some were not. It’s like those who were not worried already know the reason behind it and it somehow irks me. And what makes me more furious is that a friend of his seemed to be ignorant of the whole dilemma.

It wasn’t easy to get to her. She’s been avoiding me like a plague. All the more reason to suspect that she’s the mastermind of what happened to Kibum.

Lunch time came and I hurried to Krystal’s class, in the hope that we could have a private talk. But to my dismay, she already went out with her friends.

Once I arrived at the cafeteria, I quickly looked for her.

“Taemin-ah!”

Jinki hyung waved at me and motioned for me to come close.

 “Who are you looking for?”

“Krystal.” I sat down across him and Minho and stole his bag of chips. “I need to talk to her remember?”

“How sure are you that Krystal was the one who did this?” Minho offered his food to the pouting Jinki beside him.

“Hyung, Krystal has been acting really weird since I became friends with Kibum. She even warned me that I might become like you.”

“Like me? What did I do?”

Jinki hyung looked at me curiously. In my better days, I could have said something to tick Jinki hyung off and making Minho panic a bit. But for now, I have other important matter to take care of. “I’ll just tell you next time hyung. But I assure you, Krystal’s the one behind this.”

Minho shook his head. “Are you even sure that Krystal likes you?”

I stopped munching on the crispy chips and looked at the taller guy blankly. “Hyung, Isn’t it obvious that she likes me?”

“Oh my god. You are so conceited Taemin. I wonder if that is Kibum’s fault” Jinki grabbed his cheeks away from me.

“Surely, it’s Kibum’s fault. He spoiled Taemin too much.” He opened his backpack and took out a brown paperbag. “He wanted me to give this to you. The usual.”

 I took the bag and looked inside. The almighty’s special. And banana milk. I grinned at remembering the first time we met. He also asked Minho to give the same sandwich and drink to me.

Jinki hyung leaned forward and checked out the food. “Wow. Kibum’s hurt but he still made sure you’re well fed. What did you do to him Tae-ah?”

Minho glared at me. I don’t know if it’s true or what. Is he jealous? “He drugged him. I’m sure of it.”

I scoffed. “I’m just that undeniable hyung.”

The two faked a gag. “Just shut up and eat.”

--

Classes were quite boring. Also, I was a bit restless on my seat knowing that Kibum is still recuperating inside his room. What if he gets hungry? Who’ll be able to feed him? Junsu hyung has work today and they don’t have any maid at home. (Kibum said that two people living inside the house doesn’t really need any maid to do all the dirty work. Key can definitely do the chores.)

What if he complains about a muscle pain or something? Who’s gonna be able to-
“Screw it.” I fished my phone inside my bag and quickly typed a message.

To: Kibummie

From: Taeminnie

Hey, are you awake?

A few seconds after, he replied.

To: Taeminnie

From: Kibummie

Yeah. I just had some late lunch. Yah. Don’t you have a class?

To: Kibummie

From: Taeminnie

Yup. But I’m worried about you. Are you still resting?

To: Taeminnie

From: Kibummie

Lee Taemin, you shouldn’t worry about me. Just focus on your class. I swear, if I receive another message from you while you’re having your class, I will castrate you.

I let out a little loud ‘eep!’ that caused the teacher and my classmates to look at me. “S-sorry. I uhm…my pen’s ink stained my uniform.”

The teacher just shook her head and went on with the class.

“Lee Taemin, if you don’t pay attention, I might just have to confiscate your phone. You should thank God I’m giving you another chance.”

“You don’t have to tell me again miss Hwang. You confiscating my phone is way better than what Kibum has in mind.” I whispered softly to myself. I placed my phone back inside my bag and leaned back into my chair.

“ I’d like to keep my in place, thank you very much.”

--

I was making my way to the school gate when Sulli came up to me.

“Oppa, aren’t yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter