Chapter 1

Locker-Confined Affection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Taemin-ah…”

I lifted my head up and saw my big brother approaching me with open arms. “Hyung….uhmf…” He wrapped his arms around me and messed up my hair. I tried not flinch as my aching cheek hit his shoulders. “Hyung…I…I can’t breathe!” He let go of me and I gasped for breath. He put an arm around my shoulders and guided me to the sofa.

“So how’s school today?”

I shrugged. “Same as always…”

He shook his head and held my chin. He raised my face as to see the fresh bruise on my cheek. “It’s them again huh? Why won’t you let me make those guys pay for all of this?”

I rolled my eyes and freed myself from his hold. From the corner of my eyes, I saw him stand up and go to the kitchen. I bet he’s going to get an icepack. This has been our usual routine for years now. “Hyung…What can you do about it?” He was walking back to me now and just as he was about to comment on what I just said, I cut him off. “No offense hyung but…I’m just as weak as you. Skinny arms and legs run in the family you know…it’s genetic.” He hit me at the back of my head. “Ow!”

He scoffed and placed the icepack on my cheek. “Serves you right. Some kind of a brother you are.” I faced him and gave him a pout. “Aish. Must you really use that everytime?” He moved the icepack from my cheek to the back of my head. The pout always works. I just smiled sweetly at him and rested my head on his shoulder. It’s good to be finally at home. Confined in these four walls I share with my elder brother, I’m at peace. I can be myself, I can relax and have fun. Free from all the tension from school, I can manage a smile and a laugh. I wish I can be like this at school.

“You know, when I told you I’ll make them pay, I didn’t mean it’ll be me who’s going to do the dirty work. Have you forgotten your Siwon hyung? Or Kangin? Or Eunhyuk? Donghae? Kyu-“

“Yeah…yeah. I get it. You have your own band of brothers behind you. I just don’t want more trouble hyung. It’s better to keep silent than be violent.” My big brother’s different from me. He spent his high school with a lot of friends. Everyone was just crazy about him and his ego. There were those who disliked him but…they can’t do anything about it. Hangeng hyung is always by his side. Before there was just three of them then they’ve included a friend of Kangin hyung to the group, then a friend of his friend, then a friend of a friend of his friend…you know the drill. They multiplied and by the time of their graduation, they had reached 13…15 in number.

“ I don’t get it why people avoid you…you are such an angel~” The cold pack was now back on my cheek.

“They don’t think the same way…”

“Maybe they’re just jealous because you’re too good looking…” He removed the icepack and settled it on the table.

I grabbed my bag, stood up and headed for my room. As I turn the knob, I turned to him and smirked. “You bet I am…”

He gave out a loud laugh. “Remember Taemin-ah…Good looks run in the family. It’s genetic!” I laughed with him.

“Just call me when dinner’s ready!” I shut the door behind me, threw my bag somewhere and jumped on my bed. I am freaking exhausted. My body’s worked out too much and I felt gravity pulling my eyelids down. I didn’t fight it and soon I’m already drifting to dreamland.

Three loud knocks rumbled throughout my room. “Taemin-ah! It’s time to eat!” That was not Heechul hyung’s voice. I quickly got off the bed and open

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter