Chapter 10

Locker-Confined Affection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ringringring

I jumped out of the bed like a ninja and rushed off to the bathroom. I took my time taking a bath- making sure that no inch of my body was left unscented and uncleaned. After the shower, I stood in front of my closet and browsed through my clothes. What would Kibum like? I scratched my head. I have no idea.

“Wow. You’re waking up earlier day by day.”

I turned around and saw my big brother at the door of my room. I just stuck my tongue out at him and continued rummaging my closet for clothes.

“You’re going out today?”

“Yup…”

“On a date?”

“It’s not a date…”

“It is.”

“It’s not.”

“It is.”

Grr. “okay hyung. You win. It’s a date. You happy?” I rolled my eyes and got out a polo. I walked over to the mirror and put the polo on.

“Do I look okay?” I looked at him through his reflection on the mirror. He shook his head.

“You look like a man who’s selling encyclopedias door to door.”

I went back to the closet and pulled out a long sleeved top. “How about this one?”

“Isn’t it hot today for long sleeves?”

“How would you know hyung? I don’t know anything about you being a weatherman.”

“It’s because I’m not one Taem. I’ve got the power of morning news to tell me the weather for today.” He approached the closet and pulled out a green shirt and grey acid washed pants. “Here. Don’t be too obvious that you’re fretting over what you’ll wear today.”

“I am not fretting hyung.”

“Really? What time is your date?”

“9:30…we’ll meet at the park.”

“See? You are going to meet at 9:30 at the park. It’s very early Taem. It’s only 7:20 in the morning! Who in the world wakes up at 7 in the morning just to fret over a date?”

“Sadly, that person happens to be your little brother.”

“Whatever. You woke up an hour and a half too early. And yeah. You just admitted you’re worked up over your date.”

“I’m only going to walk to the meeting place hyung. And I am not worked up. ”

“Pathetic excuse Taem. The park is practically across the street…I think it’s just seventy steps away from here. The more you try to deny, the more you’re looking guilty.”

I give up. There’s no point in arguing with him. He always wins in these cases. I slipped on the shirt and pants and faced the mirror again.

“There that’s better. Fix your hair.”

I checked myself out. Not bad. Hyung is right. This is better. Will Kibum like it?

“Come Taem. Join me for breakfast.” Heechul hyung walked out of the room and went downstairs. I combed my hair one last time and followed him.

My big brother placed a plate of bowl of mixed fried rice in front of me. “Eat up.”

“Thanks hyung…” I grabbed the spoon and started eating.

“So…”

“Hmm?”

“Are you going to tell me about it?”

“About what?”

“About your date…”

“what about it?”

“Are you going out with him or her?”

Huh? “What are you talking about?” I talked with my mouth full.

“Swallow first.” I did so then. “I saw the letters.”

Has he been going through my things? “That’s violation of privacy hyung!”
“I’m not violating anything Taemin. It’s not my fault if you kept on leaving your things scattered around the house.”

Aish. I need to remind myself to clean up my act.

“Well?”
I know he’s not going to let me off this one. “I’ve been receiving the letters a day before Kibum and Minho hyung saved me from Chansung and his friends.”I took a sip of juice first then I continued. “She always leaves letters and gifts in my locker. She’s not consistent with the time though. Sometimes she would leave the gift and letter in the morning. Sometimes in the afternoon.”

“Maybe she’s being cautious. She doesn’t want you to see her yet.”

“that’s what I think too hyung. But then there’s this girl in the dance club, ever since I’ve been at the sign up booth, she keeps on staring at me like I’m some kind of rare specimen. I tried to approach her but she kept on avoiding me.”

“So you assume she’s your mystery girl?”

I nodded. “What do you feel about this girl?”

I stilled. I don’t know. I don’t know why I’m treating it like a big deal. “I just wanted to thank her.”

“Is that it?”

“Yeah…” Actually, I’m not sure.

“How about Kibum? What do you feel about him?”

My eyes went wide with his question. “Hyung, I told you I’m not gay.”

“Taemin. What’s wrong with b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter