Chapter 7

Locker-Confined Affection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I’m telling you hyung! Minho likes you!” I whispered to his ear while walking down the crowded hallway. It seems like I got used to the crowd. I’m not afraid of other people anymore. I guess Minho told Nickhun to convince his buddies to leave me alone.

“Aish. I told you. He doesn’t like me.” We stopped in front of my locker. “Besides…I don’t think he’s gay.”

I rolled my eyes and opened my locker. “What made you think that?” Oh. There’s another letter and…a bottle of Gatorade again …I opened the letter and pink letters came to view.

Taemin-ah,

I saw you practice at the dance studio this morning. You’re really good! You must be tired. Here, I bought you another bottle of energy drink. You’ll need some energy for the rest of the day. Oh, and regarding your problem…if you want her attention, then you should go and talk to her more. Spend time with her…as friends. I mean, go out on a movie marathon. Bring other friends with you. It’ll be fun! No one can resist that charm of yours. Take care!

 I smiled as I folded the letter and place it inside one of my notebooks.

“Yah. Taemin-ah. Are you listening?”

“Oh, hyung. I forgot you’re there. What were you saying again?”

“I said…Minho can’t be gay because he’s an athlete.”

I closed my locker and started to walk to my next class. Jinki hyung keeps up with my steps. “You’re too stereotypical hyung. There are athletes who are gay. Your argument is invalid.”

Jinki hyung stopped walking and sighed. I patted him on the shoulder. “Hyung…he likes you…trust me. I can feel it.”

 “But he’s Choi freakin’ Minho! Flaming charisma! Why would he like someone like me???”

“You’re crushing your ego hyung…stop it.” I turned to my right. Before I entered my room, I looked at him and stuck my tongue out. “If you don’t want to believe me then don’t.” I entered my room and sat at my usual chair by the window.

My phone vibrated.

From: Jinki-hyung

To: Taemin-ah

Hey…can I sit with you again at lunch tomorrow?

I chuckled as I sent my reply and hid my phone in my pocket. My plan is going great.

~

Afternoon classes were boring…I found myself doodling at the back of my notebook. There are small monsters with sharp teeth and antennas in different shapes and sizes. Wait. I think these are aliens. Well, moving on. I suddenly got thirsty and I absent mindedly reached out for the Gatorade in my bag. I almost forgot! I need to write back to her.

I flipped a page in my notebook and started to write.

Hey!

Thanks for the drink! It was really a great help to soothe out my drying throat.  Hmm… should I really go for it? I’m afraid he’ll turn me down. Aish, since you recommended it, I’ll give it a shot. Thanks again!

P.S You said no one can resist my charm…does that mean I charmed you too? Kekeke.

Taemin

Then the bell rang. Just in time. I quickly stood up and grabbed my bag. I rushed to my locker and put the letter inside.

“Hey guys and gals, a beautiful Wednesday afternoon to you! Two days left to sign up for an organization! Hury and sign up. Don’t be shy now. You might be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter