Chapter 22

Locker-Confined Affection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Kibummie…if we’re not going to eat at the cafeteria, where are we going to eat?” I asked Kibum as we took a peek at the crowded lunch area.

“I don’t know. Somewhere those two couldn’t see us.” Kibum still wanders his eyes around the cafeteria, looking for our two friends. “Yah. Taemin, they’re not here yet. Let’s go buy some food now!”  He pulled my arm and dragged me inside. We passed through Krystal’s table and I saw their curious eyes set on us. I just gave them a shrug and kept up with Kibum’s steps.

We bought sandwiches, cookies, chips and some bottled water. We were about to leave the place when I saw Minho come in.

I nudged Kibum’s shoulder and whispered. “Minho’s here! What are we going to do??”

Kibum’s eyes turned wide and quickly pulled me down on the floor. “Let’s get out of here as quietly as possible. Good thing there’s a lot of people here, let’s just hide behind these students, okay?”

I nodded and he slowly stood up and aimed for the exit with his head down. I followed him but after a few steps, I bumped into someone causing the chips on my hand to fall to the floor.

“Sorry.” I bowed down a little then bent over to grab the chips. When I straightened up, Jinki-hyung’s face came to view. “Hyung!”

He raised a brow. “uhm…hi?”

I looked around for ay sight of Kibum. Damn. He’s nowhere to be found. What to do? What to do?

“Taem?”

I turned my attention back to Jinki hyung and forced a smile. “Hi hyung.”

“You’re weird today…actually, when was the last time you weren’t?”

If it was a normal situation, I should just retort back. But I need to get away from him and It wouldn’t be possible if I continue to talk or argue with him. “Heheh…well, you know me…little mister weirdo.”

Jinki just stared at me.

“I guess this little weirdo needs to stay away from you huh? So…I’m gonna go now.” I quickly turned around to go but a hand grabbed on to the collar of my shirt.

“Yah. Where do you think you’re going?” Jinki asked.

“I’m staying away from you?”

“You’re hiding something from me.”

“No I’m not.”

“Yes you are.”

“No I’m not.”

“Yes you a-”

“Yah! Lee Jinki! What do you think you’re doing??” We shot our heads up to see Kibum coming our way. He removed Jinki’s hand and stood in front of me. “You can’t touch my Taeminnie like that!”

My ears perked up at the familiar pet name and the ‘MY’ before it is enough to have me grinning like an idiot.

Jinki sent me a glare but I just stuck out my tongue at him.

“Hey guys, what’s happening here?” a deep voice came from behind us.

Kibum pulled Minho then pushed him to Jinki’s side.

“Now you two should settle you differences while we have lunch. We’re not going to speak to you if you didn’t make up soon.” Kibum held on to my shoulders and steered me out of the lunchroom, leaving my two hyungs behind. I turned to them one last time and gave a ‘fighting!’ cheer.

--

Jinki’s POV
This is so awkward.

So we’re just standing here. In the middle of a crowded room.

What now?

Aish.

A guy bumped into my back. “Ooops.”

Then a pair of arms pulled me close. I looked up to Minho who was looking at the other guy.

“Watch it.” He said.

“Sorry.” The guy bowed a little, obviously intimidated with the tall guy beside me.

“It’s okay.” I said to the poor kid. “I think it’s better if we talk outside.”

Minho just nodded and ushered me to the door.

We sat on a bench somewhere far from our usual spot. Minho sat at the end of the bench and I sat at the other.

A few minutes passed. He didn’t say anything.

Fine.

“I’m sorry.” I said.

He turned to me wide-eyed. “What are you sorry for? You didn’t do anything wrong. You just sai-”

“I lied.”

He stilled. He just blinked twice with mouth still agape. He looks so cute like that.

“I lied about everything I said last time.”

“You mean…”

I chuckled. I can’t believe I’m saying this right now. But it’s better than having Kibum and Taemin stay away from us. I’m pretty sure Minho wouldn’t like that either.

“It was true that I helped Jessica becau

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter