Chapter 26

Locker-Confined Affection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Two days passed with Kibum still absent from school and with me leading the team with practices. Everyone’s been speculating about what the real reason for his absence but I assured them that it’s nothing serious. Not for them at least.

It was one of those days that I managed to steal Minho’s role of bringing home Kibum’s homework. It only cost me a week’s allowance to do so. I hope Jinki hyung won’t give me any spoiler of that movie they’re going to watch tonight.

I went home first to take a quick shower before going over to Kibum’s. I quickly toed my shoes off as I heard a mewl and scratching sounds. I ran over to the living room and found Hechul hyung sleeping soundly on the couch but there’s no sign of any source of that sound.

Meow

I raced to my room and found the culprit.

“Who let you in here-Yah! That’s my dino!” picking up the stuff toy away, the cat made a hissing sound and showed it’s claws. “Hyung!!!”

There was a thud-I’m betting he fell off the couch- then footsteps raced to my door. “What happened???”
“That monster tried to murder my dino!!!”

“who?” he looked down at the  feline that seemed so innocent purring and meowing on the floor. “Aw. My baby.” Heechul hyung picked up the animal and cuddled it in his arms like an infant.

Meow

“Did Taem hurt you?

“What??? Hyung, that thing was trying to rip open my dino’s chest!!!”

He scratched the cat’s ears affectionately. “Taem, you need to understand. My baby has needs and I haven’t bought a scratch post yet or any toy that she could play with.”

“I don’t care about that thing’s needs.” I inspected the toy in my hands for any other damage.

“At least my baby’s alive unlike that thing you have there. Dino’s are already instinct if you haven’t noticed.”

“I don’t care. Keep that thing away from my dino.”

He scoffed as he was heading out of my room. “Is that a gift from Kibum?”

My brows shot up at the sudden question. “No. They’re from Krys- someone else.”

“I thought it was from Kibum because you care about it too much. If that’s not from him then you could give it as a donation to my baby here.”

I didn’t waste another breathe before I answer. “No way.”

--

It took less than 45minutes for me to take a shower and get to the Kim’s residence. I even had the chance to stop over a pizza shop on the way. I was skipping happily along the street when I noticed someone familiar walking the opposite direction.
“Is that…” I quickly shook my head. There’s no way that Kibum’s going to talk to her again. I rang the doorbell and it opened at once. Usually, it would take some time (because Kibum just wants to torture me like that) but this time his response time is quite fast. Wait, what if there is someone else with him inside?

“You’re here.” Kibum smiled as he backed off a little to let me in. “Minho called in to check if you already arrived. When I told him you’re still not here, he thought you were abducted or something.”

“He and his fascination with extra terrestrial beings.”

“What can I say, he misses his long distance relatives.”

 I snorted then handed him the pizza box and grinned. “You need a little junk in that body of yours. You’re too weak because you only eat plants.”

“It’s called living healthy.” He smelled the pizza anxiously nonetheless. “So, what’s up?” he sat on the floor and took a slice.

I shrugged. “Still the same. The team’s still intact.”

He nodded. “Good.”

“Aren’t you going to thank me?”

“for what?”

“For doing the things that you were supposed to do?”

He leaned forward and patted me on the head. “Good job Taeminnie. Thank you.” Wow. This is the first time that he gave in to my whim in a snap.

I stared at him for a few seconds and noticed that he had been giving me sweet smiles. “You’re trying to get on my good side, are you?”
he blinked innocently and tilted his head to the side. “What makes you say that?”

“You’re acting nice today. That’s not normal.”

“Are you saying I act like a all the time?”

I smirked at the obvious change in his tone and look. “See? You’re just acting cute. C’mon. Tell me what you want.” I’d be more than happy to do it for you. But I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter