Chapter 28

Locker-Confined Affection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“That is absolutely creepy and dangerous.”

I stopped half-way in shading a cute drawing of me with a bean sprout on my head. It was on the pink letter that I found inside my locker this morning.

“What is absolutely creepy and dangerous?”

“That. Don’t you think it’s scary and creepy that she knows all the things you do for the day? You got yourself a stalker there man.”

I rolled my eyes and focused on the drawing again. “It is not.”

“She can see you but you can’t see her. It’s like you’re interacting with a ghost or an invisible man.”

“K is not a man.”

Jinki hyung shook his head. “I can’t believe that’s the only thing you remember from what I said.” Then he grinned and leaned forward from across the stone table. “What’ll you do if k’s a guy?”

I almost poked his nonexistent eyes with my pen, almost. “I’ll do nothing because K is not a guy.”

He leaned back on his seat, looking so cool and smug. “Wanna bet?”

 I really regret not poking him in the eye.

“Bet on what?” a third person came in.

“Nothing.”

“Aw, c’mon Tae. Let him join. You scared now, aren’t you?”

“Shut up Jinki.”

I can feel Minho’s eyes setting me on fire. “Bad move Taemin. You never drop the ‘hyung’ when I’m around.”

A kick on the shin, “Ow!” I reached down the table and rubbed the soreness away. “I get it.”

He settled our lunch on the table before raising a brow at me. “Watcha betting on?”

“We’re betting if K is a guy or not.” Jinki hyung saiad as he checked his burger for some pickles. “I say K’s a guy.”

“I’m with Jinki.” Minho added immediately.

“Yeah, I know. I can see that, hyung.” Then I made a disgusted face. Another kick is what I got in return. I

“Where’s Kibum when you need him? Aissssshhh…”

“Heh.”

“What?”

“He’s not going to protect you anymore.”

“And why do you say so?”

 Jinki reached for a tissue. “You haven’t talked to him for a week. Whenever he’s around, you just scribble on blue papers and I’m pretty sure you’re pissing him off.”

“Just to refresh your memory, Kibum’s an attention .” Minho said after gulping his bottle of carbonate water half-empty.

Jinki turned his attention to the taller guy and grinned, “Aren’t they both attention for each other?”

The two hi-fived and laughed to their heart’s content.

“I don’t see what’s funny about that.”

“Me neither.” I looked at my side and Kibum’s taking his seat next to me. I quickly uncapped my pen and started writing something-just to keep me busy.

“” I heard Kibum whisper. If this was another scenario in the past, I would’ve been scared.

Well, I’m not like the old Taemin anymore.

I shouldn’t care.

But why do I still do?

.

--

You know what? Let’s meet up. I can’t keep up with the notes anymore. I’m going to get busy in the next weeks and I don’t want to leave you hanging. I know how much you’ll miss me. You won’t have a stalker anymore. Call? – K

I laughed out loud. Talking to K for a few weeks now, I can say that we’re quite comfortable with each other. I guess all the pent up emotions I had with Kibum was finally out through exchanging notes with K.

“What do you got there?”

“ Kibum. Don’t scare me like that.” I closed my locker, folded the letter and slipped it inside my pocket.

I moved to go to the library and ‘study’ while waiting for Jinki hyung to finish his shift but Kibum blocked my way.

“What?”

“Let’s talk.”

“About what?”

“You know what it is.”

“No.”

“You’re not going to make this easy, are you?”

“That’s for dumping my .”

“I did not!”

“Yes you did!”

“Damn you.” He bumped into me and headed for the other end of the hallway.

“I thought you wanted to talk?!”  I shouted.

“Screw you!”

“No you can’t! I won’t let you!”

His almighty middle finger shuts me up.

--

“You.” Jinki pointed to me. “.”

“He won’t accept the truth that he indeed dumped me!” I stabbed the insides of my slushie cup with my strawto aggressively.

“He wanted you guys to talk. You could’ve listened to him first.”

“So what? I can be his little toy again?”

“No. So you could finally be a little considerate and not bug me for love advice. I’ve got more important things to do.” Then his phone beeped.

I grabbed his phone and read the message. “Hyung, playing wrestlemania is the last thing in your important things to do list.”

He reached for his phone and secured it on his lap away from me. (There’s no way I’d go near his dubulge. He knows me too well.)

“You said you’re going to show me something not related to Kibum.”

“Ah! Yeah! Here,” I got the note inside my pocket. “I’m meeting her on Saturday.”

“What???” he snatched the paper from me and stared daggers at the words on it. “you are crazy. What if K just want to rob you or is a psycho?”

“she’s not. She’s in our school and that means she’s emotionally and financially stable to be one of us.”

“Tae,” Jinki deadpanned.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter