8EIGHT

We're Friends, Right?
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 08. A little trip

 

“I saw your new music video together with Sungjong yesterday.” Hoya said as they had just passed the customs and were walking down the pathway to board the plane.

Hyuna looked at him as she tried to think back, what was in the music video again? She was still busy with calming her nerves. It was her second time travelling with Hoya to a further destination. The first time was when they visited Busan with Dongwoo during their vacations.

“Lee Joon hyung looked really cool.” He said next while the two boarded onto the travel bus, bowing slightly to the welcoming driver. They were going for a short day trip to Naksan Beach, which was four hours away from Gangnam-Gu.

“Oh yeah, he’s the lead for the video.” She said as they settled into their seat, which was fortunately surrounded by elderly people.

“I’m jealous.” Hoya said, looking out of the window.

“What?” Hyuna blurted, shocked by his comment. “W-Why would you be?”

“I want to go to Okinawa as well.” He pouted at her. “I hear that it’s beautiful there.”

She would have normally laughed whenever he attempts at looking cute by pouting but she just smiled instead this time. What was I anticipating? She sighed inaudibly.

“Sungjong was punching his teddy bear again last night, pretending that it was Joon hyung.” Hoya laughed. “It was really funny.”

Hyuna laughed as well. “Tell him I don’t like Joon oppa like that. It’s going to be another round of solo promotions without the girls with me…”

“He’s just being a -hurt fan-boy.” He told her. “And don’t worry, we’ll be releasing our album soon. You won’t be bored in your waiting room when I’m there with you.”

“Infinite’s coming back again?” Hyuna asked him, thankful for the change in topic. “That was fast. Don’t you guys need a break?”

“Same goes to you. Your group promotions just ended and you’re already coming back solo?” He snickered.

“The things I do…” She sighed.

“Rest for a while. The journey’s long.” Hoya said, pushing her head onto his shoulders for her to rest on.



The two were finally able to breath in the refreshing air after the tiring and uncomfortable ride. It was a comfortable seat but the stuffiness and rocky road were the cause of their complains.

“What should we do first?” Hyuna asked, looking at the travel map she had picked up on their way out.  

“Let’s get lunch first.” Hoya suggested. “I’m starving.”

Hyuna nodded and followed him to a fast food joint at the Jeju airport.

“Do you want any?” Hoya asked, pointing at the tray of French fries he had.

Hyuna shook her head. She had been watching her weight for quite s

Please log in to read the full chapter