AND TODAY’S WINNER IS…

We're Friends, Right?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Four days passed like a breeze and both idol groups were back at Mnet for the M! Countdown recording. “You guys have no idea how hard it keeping the great news away from her.” Jiyoon told Sunggyu as the two met up backstage.

“It’ll be worth it.” Sunggyu told with a wide smile.

“I still can’t believe the fans planned a project for them.” Jiyoon said. “And I don’t understand how they managed to keep it so secretive as well even the media doesn’t know.”

“They’re ninjas.” He simply said.

“Wait.” Jiyoon pauses. “What if you guys don’t win?”

“I heard there’s a Plan B as well. But they were pretty confident about us winning again.” Sunggyu shrugs. “I don’t want to get my hopes up too high.”



Hyuna stepped into the waiting room only to find that it was empty, only Hoya was sitting alone in the waiting room, on his phone. “Oh Hoya, what are you doing here alone?” She asked. Am I at the wrong place? I specifically saw ‘4minute’ outside.

“Just wanted to cheer you on for your performance later.” He couldn’t hide the massive grin on his face as he pulled her into a hug, resting his head on her shoulders.

“Why are you so happy today?” Hyuna asked, wrapping her arms around his neck. She definitely enjoyed being in his arms. He was like her nice warm human pillow.

“It’s nothing.” Hoya lied. “I’m just glad to see you.”

Hyuna doesn’t question his odd behavior and just stayed in their position.



The recording was staged the same like the past few weeks, the Inspirits were itching to cheer for 4minute as well but they knew they had to endure it for the surprise event’s sake.

The much-awaited final stage soon came with Infinite performing their title track. The fans cheered as loud as they could. Hyuna was already standing back stage with her members to get ready for the encore stage. She had flinched at how loud the fans were. They must have taken up at least seventy percent of the seats in here. Infinite’s popularity is no joke, really.

The emcees, Tony and Bomi stood between both Infinite and their competitor for the first place, as they waited to announce the winner. The girls were not able to make Hyuna stand up further in front since she literally dragged them to the back.

“And today’s winner is…” Tony read his lines sharply. “Infinite! Congratulations!”

Today, Dongwoo had taken the mic instead and confidently spoke into the microphone as if he had prepared the speech all night. “Firstly, I want to thank the fans who supported our comeback even though we delayed it a bit. We would like to thank our company, families, stylists, choreographers, producers and also Mnet. Everyone who helped us as well, thank you. We’ll work even harder in the future.”

“Hoya-ssi,” Tony brought a mic to the male standing beside him, just like what he was told to do so. “Please say something.”

“It’s our second week winning on M!Countdown, and it’s all thanks to our fans!” Hoya took a deep breath as he felt his heart beating even harder th

Please log in to read the full chapter