LIKE IDOL, LIKE FAN

We're Friends, Right?
Please log in to read the full chapter


“Hi everyone, it’s Sunggyu.” Sunggyu grabs a mic and greets the fans first. One by one, the members did a small introduction and also greeted the fans as a whole.

While the Infinite members, mostly Woohyun, talked about the new album, the trophy from today and answered questions by the fans, Hoya didn’t talk as much as he usually did when it came to their fans.

“Hoya has something to talk to everyone about.” Sunggyu said all of a sudden which earned a startled look from Hoya and the other members.

While everyone cheered for him, Hoya grabbed the mic slowly as he collected his thoughts. How should I say it? Aish, Sunggyu could have at least warned me beforehand. He knew what Sunggyu was trying to do, that idea had crossed his mind a while ago as well.

“Hello everyone.” He started first.

The fan of course, responded with greetings as well. Hoya grinned at a certain commented shouted across the hall about him being good looking.

“Thank you.” He says. “Recently… You must have heard the news about me dating.”

The fans had responded with a weak ‘yes’ this time and some mumbles of ‘don’t like.’

“I wanted to tell my own fans first before we accept an interview, about us. Hyuna and I.” Hoya grabs onto his microphone tightly. The other members were now standing around him quietly with their ‘poker faces’ again.

“I was friends with her for about,” he stops to count, “a year and a couple of months? Since we met on a show. We were close friends, Hyuna, Dongwoo and I. Then we started dating 3 months ago, I was the one who asked.” He clarified.

“Hoya asked her and got rejected the first time.” Woohyun snickered, which unfortunately didn’t get much response from the audience.

“That’s true, she only accepted me the second time I asked.” He said. “Hyuna’s actually very funny and lovable. You guys see her do all those things on stage with charisma but she’s actually quite shy. I guess along the way of our friendship, Hyuna started liking me so she stopped talking to me because she didn’t want to get too involved. Only after she left me, then I realized I liked her too.” He stopped, scanning the audience nervously, watching their unreadable expressions. He felt that they needed to know the whole story. “This is quite boring unlike the fan fictions you guys write.” He joked.

“What Hoya is trying to say is that…” Sunggyu urged him to get to the point, seeing some confused faces in the audience. The leader was glad there was no shouting as of now. Everyone had listened patiently to Hoya.

“She was very distant to me today, I guessed that she didn’t want to do anything to offend anyone. She said stupid things to her members like how it was her fault I was losing popularity.” Hoya told them with a forced smile. “I haven’t told her yet but I love her.” He paused and shifted his vision to his shoes awkwardly.

“Do you guys think it’ll be ok for you to… You know, support us? I’m afraid that she’ll break up with me thinking it’s good for me. What do I

Please log in to read the full chapter