Why me?

7 Dreams

A/N Thoughts=italic

 

Yuna POV

I was sleeping peacefully, until someone jumped on me and I heard this familiar laugh. Oh how I hate this laugh right now. "Get off me Eunji. What do you want from me?" I said, but didn't open my eyes. I noticed how she slowly got off me and then I turned my back on her. " I am here to tell you that you are late for your new job." came it from Eunji.

When i heard what my sister said, i threw the blanket aside and jumped out of bed. I ran past her and headed for the bathroom to get ready, but then I heard her laugh again. I went back to my room and saw Eunji lying on the floor laughing out loud. Now I looked in the direction of the clock on the wall and saw that it was only 7 in the morning and I should be there by 10 o'clock.

"Damn Eunji that's not funny. I really thought I was late." I said and then went towards the kitchen. Eunji's laugh stopped and I heard footsteps that followed me. A little later, arms wrapped around me from behind. "I'm sorry, but your reaction was just hilarious." she said and gave me a kiss on the cheek. A small smile crept onto my lips, but before I could say anything, someone else answered.

"Meow" came the answer from my cat who jumped on the table. "Good morning Hyoyeon, I haven't forgotten you. Eunji would you feed her, while I go change quickly. Then we can go out for some breakfast, I'm too tired to do it myself." I said as I went back to my room. "Ok unnie." I heard her say before I closed my door behind me.

Timeskip

Third Person POV

The two sisters reached the café half an hour later. Both had ordered and were waiting for their order. "Unnie, how are you feeling?" Eunji asked, looking at her sister worried. Yuna looked up from her cell phone when she heard what her younger sister was asking. "I'm a little nervous, especially since I wasn't told on the phone what this job was about." she said now and her long black hair.

A waiter brought their orders and they both ate their breakfast in silence. Some time pasted before Eunji looked at her sister. "I still can't believe you were given a business card and told you to sign up for a job."came it from Eunji. Yuna sighed when she remembered how she got this business card. "It 's all just  because I came to visit you at Music Bank. Just before I got to your dressing room, this man in a suit came over to me, gave me his business card and told me to register for a job. But before I could ask what this job was about, he was already gone. " she said and then drank her coffee.

Eunji nodded when she heard what her Unnie was saying. Before she could say anything else, Yuna's cell phone rang. "Why is your message tone Clc sunbaenim's Black Dress?" she asked now and looked at her questioningly. Yuna smiled at Eunji before looking at her cell phone. "You know exactly that I like to listen to Clc, just I like to listen to Mamamoo. And Adios is my alarm tone. Oh, how cute of her."

Eunji didn't understand what her sister was talking about and before she could ask, Yuna handed her the cell phone.

From Wifey:

'I wish you the best of luck today. I keep my fingers crossed that you get the job. Write if you know more and don't worry I will let the little devil know. Love you'

 

Eunji handed the phone back to her Unnie and pouted.When Yuna saw this, she had to laugh and took a picture of it. "You're not sulking now, because Jiwon calls you a little devil? You're my Dongsaeng, even if I sometimes want to chase you to hell because of your action this morning." came it from her and she Eunji over the head.

To Wifey:

'She's sulking now that you've called her a little devil. And thank you I can use all the luck in the world. I'll get in touch with you later, I have to go because I don't want to be late. And greet the others from me. Love you too.'

 

Yuna POV

I looked at Eunji as she was still pouting in front of me. "Baby I have to go, otherwise I'm really late. I'll pay for our order when we go out. I'll see you later. Love you." I said before I left, I kissed her on the cheek. "See you later Unnie and love you too." I heard her say before I went to pay. After I paid I made my way to the company where I had to go.

When I stood in front of the building I looked at my wristwatch and I had exactly 5 minutes. 'Dreamcatcher Company' was on the top of a sign hanging in front of the entrance. The name seemed familiar to me somehow. I thought before I entered the building.At the reception I asked where I had to go because I had this interview at 10 a.m.The lady at the front desk told me to take the elevator to the third floor. I should take the door at the end of the hallway, they would be waiting for me there. I thanked her and then went to the elevator.

After entering the elevator, I pressed the button for the third floor. And now I noticed how I was getting nervous again. I hope that I will pass this interview without making a fool of myself. A little later I heard the beep and the elevator doors opened. So I had reached my goal and just had to go to the last door. As I stood in front of the door I heard two men talking. "Please dear God let me get through this with no problems." I told myself before I knocked on the door.

It got quiet in the office and a little later I heard someone say "come in". So I open the door and bowed as soon as I entered the office. I closed the door behind me and when I looked up I saw a middle aged man sitting behind a desk and next to him was the man who had given me the business card "Ah, so you're Han Yuna. Take a seat." I slowly took a seat on the chair in front of the desk and just looked at the two men. "My employee already told me that he had given one of our business cards to a young lady. And that she called two days later. Have you been told what your job is?" said the middle-aged man.

When he asked me if I knew what the job was, I just shook my head. "No, unfortunately I was not told that on the phone. They only said that I should be here at 10 a.m. today and that they would explain everything to me." I answered now and played nervously with my fingers. The middle-aged man gave me a friendly smile and then looked at his employee, who nodded immediately. 

"I am Mr. Lee and I would like to apologize to you for having disappeared so quickly after giving you the business card. I had looked around and hoped that I would find someone who could start as a new manager." he said now and looked at me intently. "It's okay, but why did you give me the business card?" I asked him now. Since I still don't quite understand what it all had to do with me.

Mr. Lee, looked at the middle-aged man again before turning back to me. "I gave you the card because you are exactly the perfect person for this job. I can no longer take care of our artists, because of family reasons. So I was looking for someone new and then I met you, Ms. Han. You are the same age as the girls or even a little older. May I ask how old you are? " he explained to me now. Now I half understood the reason why he had given me the card.

"I'm 26 and will be 27 in a few months. Still, I have to say that I don't really have a clue about managing. So I ask you are you sure you want me to do the job?" I said and looked at them a little nervously. "Ms. Han you don't need to be so nervous. Mr. Lee will explain everything to you as long as he is still here. And I think it is also good for the girls if they have a female manager with whom they can talk, about anything." said the middle-aged man with a smile on his lips. I noticed how he tried to take my nervousness away. 

I thought for a while before answering the two of them. "Ok I'll do it. I'm happy to take the job and as long as Mr. Lee helps me, I should learn everything quickly." I answered the two now and smiled myself. I was no longer as nervous as when I was standing in front of the office door. The two men smiled now and seemed very happy with my answer. The middle-aged man got up and gave me his hand which I accepted and shook. "I am Lee Joo Won the founder and CEO of this label. I look forward to working well with you Yuna-ssi. Mr. Lee will now take you to them." said CEO Lee.

I got up and bowed to him again. Then I looked at Mr. Lee and he told me to follow him. We left the office and went back to the elevator and entered it. Mr. Lee pushed the button for the fifth floor. Although my nervousness was gone earlier, it came back now and Mr. Lee noticed this. He put a hand on my shoulder and squeezed it briefly. "Don't worry, everything will be fine. And the girls are harmless, so you don't need to be afraid of them. Okay?" I nodded weakly and gave him a small smile.

The elevator beeped and the doors opened. We now entered the hallway and loud music and laughter could be heard from further back. When we walked down the hall I wondered why the name of the company seemed so familiar to me. Then it fell like scales from my eyes, Eunji had once told me that she and her band had filmed a variety show together with Dreamcatcher. How can I be so stupid? I thought. 

Mr. Lee now stops at the door to the practice room and looked at me again. I just nodded and he then opened the door. Then when we entered the room and I saw the girls fooling around and chasing each other through the room, I didn't know how to react. If I had known this was a job offer as a manager, I would never have agreed. I couldn't deal with extremely loud and hyperactive people. Why me? was the only thing that went through my head.

 

 

 

A/N

I apologize for some spelling mistakes and grammar. English is not my first language. Still, I hope you like it a little