Treasure of Life

Treasure of Life


“Swallow” he said as he watches her eat her pills. “Good girl.”

Gui Gui looks at him strangely, “Why are you so worried about me?”

“Because you're my friend.”

“But we barely know each other, and you don't even know my name.”

“Yes I do, your name is Gui Gui. And just because we barely know each other doesn't mean that we can't be friends. Every friend you have always start out as a stranger anyway. So we can always get to now each other more. Like now, let me introduce myself to you. My name is Aaron...I've been in the hospital since..." he held up his fingers and started counting. "Two weeks ago. Other than that I can't remember anything else.”

“What?” Gui Gui ask surprised.

“Do I really have to repeat everything?” he complains.

“No...but you can't remember anything?”

He nodded. “Doctor Li, who is a doctor here, and was also the doctor who found me told me that he found me by a beach...and took me here. So, since then I’ve been staying here. He told me I can leave after I recover.”

“No wonder you have badges around your head” she said softly. “What are you going to do after you recover and leave here?”

“I don't know, I’m still trying very hard to remember who I really am, and that's the job that Doctor Li gave me. So that's the only thing that I should be worrying about right now. Doctor Li also said that if I do a lot of things maybe I can remember something, so I’m doing a lot of things at the hospital.”

“Then how did you know your name?”

“My name is the only thing that I remember. Isn't that weird?” he smiles.

“Yes, but at least it's better than having no name” she replies.

“Gui Gui, why are you at the hospital?”

“I came to visit~”

“Aaron, there you are” said the nurse who was looking for him earlier. “It's time to take your medicine” she walks over to them.

“I know” he pouts. “Gui Gui, I will see you again right?” he ask as he stands up.

“Sure.”

“Good, then I’ll see you another day” he said waved to Gui Gui as he walks away with the nurse.

As Aaron disappeared she smiled to herself.

“What are you smiling about?” she heard a female voice said.

She looks up and saw her best-friend.

“Oh! And I came quickly to see you as soon as I landed because I was worried you would be sad to death” Ya Tou said.

“What are you talking about?” Gui Gui stood up and hugs her. “So you'll only come if I’m sad? Then should I cry?”

“Of course not, I’m just glad that you look brighter then when I left” Ya Tou hugs her back.

- - - - -

“He's been the same all these months” Gui Gui said as they sat in Wang Zi’s room talking.

“He hasn't shown any signs of recovering yet?”

She shook her head. “So how long are you going to stay?” she changes the subject.

“Just a week because we are now on vacation” Ya Tou explains.

“That's so short...let's make your weeks here a blast” Gui Gui said.

Ya Tou nodded.

- - - - -

“One chocolate ice -cream!” Gui Gui said as she sat a bowl in front of Ya Tou.

“Thank you” Ya Tou said as she took a bite.

“Your welcome” Gui Gui said as she sat down across from Ya Tou.

“Gui Gui, I heard that Li Quan came back.”

“Yeah...he did” she said recalling what happened the other day. “He came back a few days ago” Gui Gui replies as she at her ice-cream.

“Gui Gui...are you two okay now?” she ask her.

“What do you mean?” Gui Gui smiles. “We have always been okay with each other.”

“But...I thought...”

“We clear things up before he left to the States” Gui Gui said simply. “Or as I thought we did...” she mumbles to herself.

“What? And you didn't tell me?”

“No one asked.”

“But I’m your best friend!” she said angrily. “ So...what did you say to him? When did you clear things up with him?” she said in a sudden change of tone.

Gui Gui laughs, “Let me see...” she said and look into space. “It was the day he left for America....”

-Flash Back-

“Li Quan” Gui Gui said breathless. Li Quan turns around.

“Gui Gui, what are you doing here?”

“Can I have five minutes?”

He looks at his watch and nodded.

“Thank you” she smiles.

As they stood by the gate.

“I'm sorry, it's all my fault that you and Wang Zi became enemies. Only if I have realized it earlier...then maybe you two would still be friends. It's all because of me, I’m really sorry, and to make it up to you two, I will break up with Wang Zi, and let you two reunite. I don't want you two to fight because of me. After we break up, I’ll leave him, so that you two won't see me again and-”

“Don't” he cuts her off. “I know you mean everything to him. Even though you choose him, we can all still be friends. All I need is time, don't worry about it, don't worry about me” he gave her a smile.

“But-”

“I'll be fine, and we can all still be friends.”

She smiles, “Really?”

He nodded.

“You really know how to make a person feel guilty.”

“Friends?” he took out his hand from his pocket.

“Friends” she shook his hand.

“Gui Gui, Li Quan” Wang Zi said as he finally found them.

Gui Gui and Li Quan lets go of each others hand and smiled at Wang Zi.

Wang Zi walks over and stood beside Gui Gui.

“Sorry” Wang Zi said doesn't know what to really say.

“Don't mention it,” he said and stuck out his hand to Wang Zi.

Wang Zi smile and shook his hand. “Thanks.”

“Well, I wish you two the best, I better get going now” he said.

“Be safe” Wang Zi said.

“Keep in touch” Gui Gui said.

He nodded and head into the terminal without looking back.

-End of Flash back-

- - - - - -

“And that's how we ended up...”

“Wow! I really admire him” Ya Tou said.

Gui Gui just smiles.

“Shall we go?” she said as they finish their ice-cream.

“Yeah, let's go shopping” Ya Tou said as they got up.

 

 

 

****

UPDATED!