Treasure of Life

Treasure of Life

“Woah! So refreshing!" she said as she stretches.

On the top of the roof of the hospital Gui Gui looks out to the city down below her.

“Finally I can relax a bit” she talks to herself. “But can I really?”

'You...have you consider me as more than a friend?' she recalls Li Quan's question. 'Xiao Ying, I beg you, please let go of that rascal. I don't want you to waste your whole life waiting....' she thought of her grandfather's words.  

“Can I even wait forever?” she said softly. “What if he really never wakes up?”

She quickly shook her head. “What am I saying?” she smiles. “He will wake up right?” tears began to form in her eyes. “Of course, he won't leave me” she cheers herself up and wipes her tears as more and more came down uncontrollably.

“Why are you crying?” a male said behind her.

She quickly turns around and saw a guy standing right in front of her. 

“Aaron! Aaron!” they heard a nurse called.

Gui Gui and the guy looks at the door and then they look back at each other.

He smiles and grabs her hand. He ran towards a wall and pulls her behind him.

“Shhh!” he told her.

He pokes her head out and saw the nurse. She looks around calling his name and left after no sight of him.

He smiles and turns back to look at Gui Gui.

“Sorry” he said.

“You're the one that she's looking for, so why did I have to hide too?” she ask.

“Because....” he looks around as he couldn't find an answer. “Oh! Because I want to know why you were crying.”

“Personal reasons” she answers. “Why are you hiding?”

“I don't like those nurses, they always bother me and follow me around. It annoys me.”

She looks away from him and laughs.

“Why are you laughing? It's true!” the Aaron guy protest.

“Because I can understand why” she replies as she calms herself down.

“Why?”

“You're a handsome patient, and they don't get to see one of you every day now do they?”

“I guess that's reasonable” he smiles. “So” he looks into her eyes. “You think that I’m handsome too?”

Looking into his dark brown eyes she felt her heart beat faster. 

“Hey” he said.

Gui Gui snaps out from starring into his eyes and looks away. “Well” she trembles “O...of course, I mean...you're not ugly or anything like that, so I can't say that you're not handsome, that would be lying” she said quickly.

“So I’m handsome?” he smiles at her.

Her body began to burn as his dark brown eyes looks at her. 

“Eh~ you're turning red. Are you sick?” he touches her forehead.

She quickly moves his hand away. “I'm fine, and if you didn't hear me, then it's you're own problem” she said as she began to walk towards the exit.

He quickly grabs her hand and turns her around. He touches her forehead again.

“I think that you are having a fever, let's go see the doctor” he said and pulls her away before she could answer.

- - - - -

“Doctor is she sick?” Aaron ask as the doctor and Gui Gui came out of the room.

“She just got a small fever, after taking some medicine and a long rest she'll be fine” the doctor told Aaron. “But Aaron how did you know Gui Gui?” he ask.

“Oh, so her name's Gui Gui” he said quietly to himself and smiles. “Well we just became friends awhile ago” he replies to the doctor.

Gui Gui quickly looks at him. 'Friends?'

“I see, well then Gui Gui take care of yourself, don't get yourself too tired.”

“Yes doctor.”

“And Aaron” he turns to look at Aaron. “Don't run around the hospital like a child. You'll make the nurses who take cares of you in trouble understand?”

“Yes sir” he replies.

“Very good, I’ll see you tomorrow then” he said to Aaron and left.

“They deserve it” Aaron mumbles after the doctor left.

Gui Gui looks at him and laughs.

“Why are you laughing? It's true! They deserve it for trying to be with me 24/7” he crosses his arms.

Gui Gui continues to laugh.

“Eh” he bends his knee down to get to her height and looks at her. “You look cuter when you laugh” he smiles at her. “You should laugh more,” he said and pats her head.

Gui Gui quickly turns around before his dark brown eyes can her in.

“You're turning red again” he said as he walks to the other side and touches her forehead. “Let's go get your prescription” he smile and pulls her away.
 

 

 

 

****

Aaron is finally here! Yay!