Treasure of Life

Treasure of Life

To relax herself from stress, Gui Gui spent the whole next day shopping, and wondering around Kaohsiung.

After eating dinner by herself she returns to her hotel room and took a long nice bath.

'I wonder what Aaron did today' Gui Gui thought to herself as she plays with the bubbles in the tub.

'I hope he's not too stress too...' Gui Gui sigh.

“Ah~!” Gui Gui suddenly felt a sharp pain from her stomach.

“Why is my stomach hurting?” she ask herself. “Is it because I haven't been eating regularly?” she wonders and got out of the tub.

She got into her pj's and dry her hair. But as she dries her hair there was another sharp pain from her stomach. But it was more painful this time. She sets the hair drier down and went into the kitchen to get a warm glass of water.

Gui Gui slowly drinks the warm glass of water and heads to bed. But as she was just about to she heard a knock at the door.

“Hmm...who would come visit me this late?” she wonders and head over to the door.

Just as she was about to open the door she heard another knock, but it wasn't coming from her door. So she peeked through the peeking hole in the door and saw a person standing in front of the room that is diagonal from hers.

“That's...Aaron” she said shock seeing the familiar back.

Just as she said that the door that Aaron was standing in front of opens.

“Aaron?...Aaron?! Am I dreaming? Is it really you?” the girl from the room smile happily and hugs him tightly.

Aaron looks around the hall and told them to go talk in the girl's room.

Gui Gui watch as the door closes in shock. Tears started to run down her cheeks as the sharp pain from her stomach starts to act up again. She covers her stomach with her hands and kneels to the ground as the pain grew more painful. Before she knew it everything around her turns black.

- - - - - -

“Xiao Jie? Xiao Jie...” Gui Gui heard someone calling her.

Gui Gui opens her eyes and saw a house keeper looking down at her.

“Are you alright? Why are you sleeping here?” the house keeper asks her.

Gui Gui slowly sat up and looks around the room. She was still in the same spot that she fainted from last night.

“I'm okay” Gui Gui manage to say. She gave the house keeper a smile and told her to leave after thanking her.

Sitting alone in the room by the door by the corner she slowly curls herself up. She rest her chin on her knees and cry silently to herself.

'What did they do last night?' she thought as she turns her head to look towards the door. 'What did they talk about?...why do I feel so uneasy?'

- - - - - -

Gui Gui slips on her flats and heads out of the hotel trying to forget what she saw last night.

As she got into the taxi her phone vibrated.

She took out her phone and look at it.

'One new message'

'Gui Gui lets gather at XXXX at three today- Chun'

Gui Gui looks at her watch and quickly replies.

“An hour and a half” she said quietly.

“Miss where would you like to go?” the taxi driver asks.

“To XXXX hospital please” she told him and sat back.

“Yes” he said and drove off.

- - - - - -

“Miss Wu Ying Jie” the nurse called out to the patients in the waiting room.

Gui Gui raised her hand and got up.

“This way” the nurse said and leads the way to the back rooms.

On the way the nurse measures her height and weight then took her into one of the open rooms.

“Please change into these clothing, the doctor will be with you shortly” the nurse told Gui Gui and left the room.

Gui Gui did as told and changed into the clothes. She waited patiently in the room for the doctor to arrive.

After a few minutes she heard a knock on the door and the doctor steps in.

“Hello nice to meet you I’m Dr. Yang” the beautiful lady in the white gown said.

Gui Gui greeted her as the Dr. Yang sat down by the computer.

“So, how can I help you? Are you feeling unwell?” Dr. Yang ask her.

“Uh~ Well...” Gui Gui said and looks at the doctor.

~

“Thank you” Gui Gui said to Dr. Yang and closed the door. She slowly walks towards the chairs and sat down.

-Flash back -

“Congratulation” Dr. Yang said as they sat in Dr. Yang's office.

“Why?” Gui Gui said confused.

“I assume you don't know that you've been carrying a baby” she smiled at Gui Gui. “So, congratulation Miss Wu Ying Jie, you are about three weeks pregnant.”

“What?” Gui Gui said shocked.

“You're baby was the one causing your stomach pain. From the check up, it seems like you haven't been eating normally, and it looks like you're going through a lot of stress.”

“...uh~ yeah” Gui Gui answers.

“But you can't continue like this, if you do the baby will be in danger, so I want you to eat all three meals everyday, and do things that will make you less stress. By the way is your husband here?”

“My husband?” Gui Gui said softly.

Dr. Yang looks at Gui Gui's ring finger and saw it ring-less.

“Ah~ I’m so sorry, is you're boyfriend here then?”

“No, I actually am from Taipei,” she told the doctor. “I came down here with my family for a vacation.”

“I see” she smile at Gui Gui. "Gui Gui, but because you have not been eating regularly and taking care of your body like you should for a baby to grow in, I want you to come here for weekly check-ups until you go back to Taipei. Then we can transfer your informations there, and you can continue to go there for weekly check-ups until the baby is in a stable stage."

“Alright, thank you Dr. Yang."

-End of Flashbacks-

'I’m...I'm pregnant' Gui Gui thought as tears ran down her cheeks. She was happy yet sad, and still in shock. She collected her things and left the hospital.

~

Gui Gui returned to her hotel to rest and to consume all the shocking information that she just got from the hospital.

Gui Gui lays on her bed and looks up at the ceiling.

“It's Aaron and my child” she said softly as she places her hand on her stomach.

“Mommy is sorry, she is so selfish, that she didn't even think about you being there. But now that mommy knows, mommy will take a really, really good care of you” she smile.

Rrrmmm. Rrrrmmm.

Gui Gui got up and took out her phone from her purse.

“Hello?” Gui Gui answers. “Ah~ Sorry Calvin, I suddenly don't feel good, so, can we meet another day?” she told them. “I'm really sorry, I hope that you guys didn't wait long...okay, bye bye.”

She sets her phone down and went to lay down on the bed again.

“Should I tell Aaron?” she ask herself. “I should shouldn't I?...But, I don't want to...and I shouldn't...because he has his fiance already...then again. He is the father, so he has the right to know...”

Talking to herself, she fell asleep.