Treasure of Life

Treasure of Life


'Like a family...family, family, family, family' the word echos in her head.

Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom!

"Mom?" Gui Gui said as she looks at her mother's painful expression.

“Be a good girl okay?” her mother gave her a last smile before she closing her eyes.

“Mom! Mom!” Gui Gui called as her mother fell on top of her. “Mom!” Gui Gui shook her mother and began to cry as she found blood on the back of her mother's back.

Boom!

“NO!!!”

-

“NOO!!!!!!!!” Gui Gui screams and sat up.

She was breathing heavily as sweat ran down the side of her face.

“It was only a nightmare” she said to herself quietly. But she began to tremble as tears ran down her face. She bends her legs up and wrap her arms around them. She buries her face into her arms and cries.

“Gui Gui!” Aaron said as he ran into her room worried sick.

Gui Gui lifts up her head and got off her bed. She walks straight to Aaron and hugs him tightly crying.

“Gui Gui” Aaron said nervously. “What's wrong?”

Gui Gui didn't say anything, she just keep on crying. So Aaron decided not to ask. He slowly puts his arms around her to comfort her. And as he did he noticed her room, it was really empty, all the pictures from the last time that he saw in her room were all gone. There was only one picture left by her bed. It was a picture of a guy with his hand around her shoulders.

~

“So what do you want to do today?” Gui Gui ask after breakfast. She had a smile on her face, and she talked as if nothing had happened this morning.

“Hmm...piano room?” Aaron looks at Gui Gui with puppy eyes.

“Hehe, nice try buddy” Gui Gui said and shook her head. “We should go out for a walk instead. Oh! Let's go to the park, okay?”

Aaron sigh, “I guess” he said in a disappointed tone.

“Off we go then!” she said and got off the couch.

~

“Whoa! Fresh air!” Gui Gui said running ahead of Aaron.

Aaron watch her and smile to himself. He wanted to ask her about this morning, but he didn't want her to remember something that made her cry.

“Thinking about this morning?” Gui Gui said from behind Aaron which made him jump and turn around.

Their faces where centimeters apart. They stare into each others' eyes and Gui Gui smile. Slowly Aaron leans down as Gui Gui closes her eyes.

But suddenly bikers pass by, and one almost hit Gui Gui, but Aaron quickly pulls her into his arms and held her tightly waiting for the rest of the bikers to pass by.

When the storm that pass by was over Aaron lets go of Gui Gui and smile at her awkwardly.

“That was close” he said breaking the awkwardness.

Gui Gui just nodded in agreement.

~

They then walk around the park in silence.

“Aaron, why do you like to go to the piano room when you always get headaches?” she ask breaking their silence.

Aaron turns to look at her for a moment before answering her. He was debating weather to tell her the truth or not.

“I...I'm not sure why, but every time I play the piano, I seem to get bits of my memory back.”

“Really?” she said happily. “What did your remember?”

“I remember my friends name...and just being with them” he said decided to not tell her the whole thing.

“Oh~” she said nodding her head. “So that's why...”

“Gui Gui, what if...and I’m saying what if, what if I recall all my memory, will you kick me out of the Wu residence?”

They stop walking.

“Of course not, it's my grandpa who has the right to do that, I’m in no position to kick you out” she smile at him. “And it's now you're house too, so it'll always welcome you.”

He was happy hearing her say that, but a frown came to his lips.

“But, when you first found out that I was going to live with you, you oppose it it,” he said sadly.

“You heard?” she looks at him surprised. “Is that why you ran away?” she said feeling guilty.

“I would be lying if I say no.”

Gui Gui looks away feeling guiltier.

“Sorry...I didn't know that you were listening to our conversation, and I didn't expect you to run away because of my words. Sorry” she said sincerely. “But I said that to my grandfather, because I was afraid...afraid that I would fall in love with you” she finally said it out. “Living with you, and seeing you everyday, I was afraid I would fall in love with you. So I decided to push you away...”

Aaron looks at her surprise.

She smile at him, “But even without living with you, seeing you everyday at the hospital would still make me fall in love with you, because it seems like the first time we meet on the roof, I had already fallen for you...your charms.”

Aaron was speechless.

“I like you Aaron” she said looking straight into his eyes.

After a long starring contest Aaron smile.

“What a coincidence, because I like you too.”

Gui Gui smile at him and pulls her into his arms for a hug.

“I like you, but to tell you the truth...I actually don't know when I fell for you” he chuckles.

“It's normal for you to not remember” Gui Gui .

“But...” he pulls away from her. “What about Wang Zi?”

“I knew you were going to ask me that” she sigh. “Did you remember what I told you yesterday?”

He thought for a moment and nods. “You said that you've decided to move on...but it doesn't mean that you have given up on Wang Zi...”

“So does that answer your question?”

“But what about Mei Mei? Wouldn't she oppose to our relationship?”

Gui Gui smile at him and continues to walk.

“At first, I thought so too, but then she encouraged me instead, so don't worry about that.”

Aaron smile as he follows her. He then straighten himself up and quickly walk beside her. He slowly grabs onto her hand and crosses their fingers.

Gui Gui looks at him and tightens their fingers together.

“So I was right, you were jealous yesterday” he smile to himself.

“I was not..”

Aaron gave her a look.

“Okay, maybe just a little” she said looking away embarrassed to admit her jealously.

“My cute girlfriend.”

“My childish and clueless boyfriend.”

 

 

 

****

Their love life starts!

=D