Treasure of Life

Treasure of Life

“Grandpa why didn't you talk with me first?” Gui Gui said mad at her grandfather.

After telling Gui Gui how he ended up at her house Gui Gui marched to find her grandfather and found him in his office.

“I'm sorry, I wanted to give you a surprise” Grandpa Wu said looking at his book.

“Please, no more surprises” she said as she plots herself down on the sofa.. “All the surprises that you gave me are great, but I really don't enjoy them. Like that one time you gave me a surprise of riding in the limo. I like limos, but I didn't enjoy riding it all by myself. Or that time you gave me a rabbit. I loved it, but it ran away...And that time-”

“Alright, alright, I got it” Grandpa Wu said as he closes his book. “But aren't you glad that Aaron came to live with us? Now you'll have a person your age to talk with, play with, and hangout with. Didn't you tell me that you hate staying home, because you feel too lonely? Now that you have a friend at home, aren't you happy? I also want you to stay home more, you go out too much, I don't see you enough.”

“But grandpa, he's not a girl. How can I chat with him freely, or play with him or hangout with him?” she whines.

“Then what do you want me to do?” Grandpa Wu got up from his desk and walks towards Gui Gui. “I've already agreed to take him in and look after him. How do you expect me to go tell him that because of my grand-daughter he can't live here anymore? If you don't want him here, then you kick him out, I don't want to” he said as he puts his hands behind his back and walks back to his desk.

“Why is this so hard?” Gui Gui pouts.

Standing outside of the door Aaron slowly walks away. Hearing Gui Gui's disagreement with him there he felt his heart crushed.

~

Knock! Knock!

“Aaron~” Gui Gui said as she knocks on his door. “Aaron? Are you asleep?” she ask. But there was no reply. “Sorry for the intrusion” she said and slowly opens the door. To her surprise she found the room to be empty.

“Where could he be?” she wonders and went to look around the house. She went to the piano room and found it dark. She went to every corner of the house and found no Aaron. She then began to get worried.

“Aunt Tsai, have you seen Aaron?” she ask as she ran into Aunt Tsai on her way down the stairs.

“No, why? Is he not in his room?” she ask.

“He's not. I’m going to go find him, give me a call if you see him” she said and ran out to find Aaron.

“Aaron! Aaron!” she calls around her house. But there was no reply.

“Where could he have gone at this time of the day?” she ask herself. “It's so late now.”

- - - -

'It's so late now, where could I go?' Aaron ask himself as he stops at the intersection. The streets where kinda quiet now. 'I don't have anything with me...where can I go? I don't even know my way back to the hospital. How pathetic.'

Walking down the street Aaron walks pass some shops that has food. He looks into the store hungrily.

“Should have ate before leaving” he laughs at his silliness. As he turns to walk forward three big guys walks up to him and pushes him down.

“Hey, give us all the money you have” the big buff guy said. He seems to be the leader.

“I don't have any money with me” Aaron said with a smile.

“Don't lie to us, be a good boy while we are nice.”

“I really don't, you guys can search me if you want to too” he said.

“Go” the leader said to the his two fellow mates.

The two guys searched him.

“Boss, he has nothing.”

“What waste of time. You two finish him up” he said and walks away.

The two guys smiles and turns to look at Aaron with a smile on their face. They crack their fingers and corners him.

- - - -

Gui Gui looks at her cellphone and still has no call from home. It was almost mid-night, and she is still out looking for Aaron.

'Where could have you run to? You don't know anyone or know your way around' she thought as she stops to catch her breath.

Ring Ring Ring.

“Hello? Aunt Tsai? Did Aaron come home yet?”

“Xiao Ying, come home, it's really late now, it's not safe for you to be out at this time of the day. Come home and lets continue to look tomorrow, okay?”

“I can't, what if something happens to him?” she ask. “I'm going to continue to look for him until I find him. Don't worry, I know how to keep myself safe” she said and hang up the phone. She looks around and ran one direction.
 

 

 

 

****

My, my, what in the world was Gui Gui thinking?

Poor Aaron..he was hurt. 

Nobody expected this huh? hehehe.