Treasure of Life

Treasure of Life

“Xiao Ying! Xiao Ying ah!” Grandpa Wu yells from downstairs.

“Yes?” Gui Gui said as she ran to the stairs.

“I'm flying to Japan for a meeting, I’ll be gone for a few weeks, take care of Aaron for me, and behave” he said as he shuts the door behind him.

“What?!” she said and ran down the stairs out the door but the car was already exiting the gates.

“Where is he going?” Aaron said as he came and stand behind Gui Gui.

“Hate him now” she said under her breath and turns around. “He's going to Japan for a meeting” she said and walks into the house as Aaron follows her.

“Gui Gui,” Aaron said as he closes the door.

“Yes?” she answers still angry at her grandfather.

“Can I go to the piano room?”

“No.”

“Why?”

“Because.”

“Because?”

“I say so.”

“AWWWWW! That's not even a reason” he pouts.

“Let's go out for a walk instead” she sad as she turns around to face him. “You haven't seen the neighborhood yet, so lets go out, I’ll be your special guide today.”

“Really? Okay! Wait for me, let me get my jacket” he said and quickly ran up the stairs.

“Sorry, I don't want you to go to the piano room because...I don't want you to feel the pain again” she said as she watch him disappear up the stairs.

~

“Lets go!” Aaron said all dressed up and ready.

“Okay” she said as she opens the door for him to go out first.

He walks out and she follows behind.

“So my special tour guide! Where are we starting with the tour today?” he ask as he turns around to face her while walking backward.

“Not telling” she said as she smile looking away from him.

“My oh my, what a beautiful day” he said as he turns around smiling to himself.

Suddenly Gui Gui quickly ran pass him and slows down.

“I'm the tour guide, so YOU follow ME” she said marching away.

“Alright my special tour guide, I’ll follow you to where ever you guide me.”

Gui Gui smile and continues to lead the way.

~

“Good morning Mr. Xu” Gui Gui said as they stop by a small fruit shop.

Mr. Xu was an elderly man in his early 50's. He owns a small fruit shop that he runs with his wife.

“Ah~ my strawberry girl!” Mr. Xu said as he turns around and saw Gui Gui.

“Yes, its me” she said with a big smile on her face.

“How are you doing? You haven't stop by for a while I thought that you moved” he said.

“No, no, I’m just busy” she replies. “And I’m doing fine, how about you?”

“I feel great now that I saw you” he laughs. “Wait a second, I’ve got some freshly picked strawberry in the back, I’ll go get a basket for you” he said and quickly went inside.

“Strawberry girl?” Aaron crosses his arm as he looks at Gui Gui.

“I love strawberries” she said as she looks at the other fruits.

“Here you go” Mr. Xu said as he came back out with a medium size basket full of red, ripe, shinny, strawberries.

“Wow! They look so good! Can I eat one now?” she said looking at the strawberries with her sparkling, hungry eyes.

“Of course” Mr. Xu said with a big smile. “All of these are yours to eat.”

“Really?” she looks at him. “Wow thank you!” she said as she picks a really red, ripe and juicy one out of the basket. She picks off the leaves and turns around.

“Ah~” she said to Aaron holding up the strawberry.

He opens his mouth and she feed him the strawberry.

“How is it? Isn't it the best?” she ask.

“It's really good!” he said as he swallows.

“Isn't it?” she said and turns back around. She took another out and ate it.

“My strawberry girl, is he you're boyfriend?” Mr. Xu ask as he stares at Aaron.

“Oh! He's so handsome” he said as he walks up to Aaron and felt his arm. “And so strong too!” he said as he turns to look at Gui Gui. “Good choice” he laughs at her.

“Mr. Xu, you've got it all wrong” Gui Gui said quickly embarrassed, “We're not-”

“Don't be shy” Mr. Xu cuts her off. “I understand, girls are usually shy to admit that they have such a good looking boyfriend to old man like me” he smiles at her.

“It's not that...” she said quietly.

“Young man, what is you're name?” he ask Aaron.

“Sorry for not greeting you. Nice to meet you, I’m Aaron” Aaron said with a big smile.

“Handsome face, manly voice, and very well mannered too!” he said proud of Gui Gui.

“Thank you” Aaron said shyly.

“Uh Mr. Xu, thank you” Gui Gui said quickly as she took out some money and hands it to Mr. Xu as she took the basket.

“No, no, it's okay,” he said as he saw her money. “Just take the fruits, I’m really happy that you came back, and that's enough.”

“But if you don't take the money then I won't be happy” she said as she pouts with an adorable face.

After a short talk Mr. Xu finally agrees to take the money.

“Thanks again. I’ll come back once I’m out” she said.

“Of course, you can come back everyday, I will always welcome you” he said and then looks at Aaron.
“Take a good care of my strawberry girl, whenever she feels down come by and I’ll give you some strawberries to go cheer her up” he smiles and winks at Aaron.

“I will!” he smiles and looks at Gui Gui who looks away embarrassed.

“Thank you, we'll be going now” Gui Gui said quickly and started to walk away.

“Thank you sir” Aaron said and quickly ran after Gui Gui. “Thank you!” he turns around and yells back as Mr. Xu waves to them.

“Hey strawberry girl, eating strawberries without me?” Aaron said as he caught up to Gui Gui.

“Why should I wait for you? They're mine anyways” she said continuing to eat them.

“Good point” he said looking at her strawberries wanting to eat some more. “But you know they say 'sharing is caring'” he said trying to hint her.

“You want some don't you?” she stops walking and looks at him.

He looks at her with puppy eyes and nodded.

She held one up and started to go towards his mouth. He opens wide and just as the strawberry almost reach his mouth she smile and ate it. She then continues to walk.

Aaron smile and follows her.

“That was so unfair!”

“Who said I’m going to feed you?” she smile to herself. “And don't call me strawberry girl, only Mr. Xu can call me that” she said as she turns to look at him with a serious face.

“Got it” Aaron said looking at her serious face. “Gui Gui, do you want me to carry those for you?”

“Okay,” she said and shove the basket into his arms. “Just don't eat all of it” she said and walks away.

“Whoa! What a heavy basket” he said and follows her. “Gui Gui, can I ask you something?”

“Sure.”

“Why is it that Aunt Tsai and Grandpa Wu calls you Xiao Ying or Ying Ying?”

“Because my real name is Wu Ying Jie,” she said quietly.

“Your real name?” he said with a confused face. “Then can I call you by your real name too?”

“I prefer you call me Gui Gui.”

“Oh, then I’ll just call you Gui Gui” he said still following her.

“Aaron!” she said as she turns around with a big smile.

“Yes?!” he said surprised.

“Lets go eat some ice-cream! I know this really good place around here” she said and grabs his hand. She held on to it tightly and leads the way pulling him behind her.

~

“How is it?” Gui Gui ask as they sat outside the ice-cream shop eating their ice-cream.

“Yummy!” he said with a bright face.

“It's the best huh?” she said and eats hers.

“You really like strawberries don't you?” Aaron said as he took a peek at her bowl of ice-cream.

“And you like chocolate?” she ask back as she took a peek at his bowl.

“Mmm, chocolate is the best!”

“Liar, strawberry is” she said and looks away eating happily.

“Okay okay, strawberry it is then,” he smiles at her cuteness.

- - - -

After eating some ice-cream they head off to look around more.

“And finally this is the nearest park by my house, if you ever want to come out for some fresh air you can come here” Gui Gui said as they walk in the park. Just as she finishes her phone ranged.

“Hello?” she answers. “Mei Mei? Hi! Mmm, of course I went...oh~ oh~ ok....ok...I know” she said and laughs. “See you in a little while then” Gui Gui said and closed her phone.

“Mei Mei called?” Aaron asked.

“Mmm, lets head back home, Mei Mei invited us to her house for a coming home party” Gui Gui said as she looks at Aaron.

“Party?! Really?!”

“Mmm” she nods her head with a smile.

“Then lets hurry back!” he said as he started to walk out of the park.

He turns back and saw Gui Gui still standing in her place.

“What are you doing? Let's go! A party is waiting for us!” he said as he ran back and grabs her hand. Holding on to her hand tightly he gave her an assure smile and ran off to the Wu mansion.

Gui Gui felt her heart lifted as Aaron hand's touched her's, and when she saw his smile her worries went away.

She tightened her grip on his hand and held on tightly as a smile curves up her lips.

- - - - -

“I'm done” Gui Gui said as she walks down the stairs.

Aaron turns around as he heard her voice.

“Wow, I’m speechless” he said starring at her without blinking.

Gui Gui laughs, “Stop starring at me so hard, you eye balls look like they're going to fall out.”

“But I can't help it” he said starring into her eyes now.

Gui Gui smile and turns away. “Lets go, the car is waiting” she said and walks towards the door.

Aaron smiles and quickly follows her out.

~

“So do you know where the party will be held at?” Aaron ask as they part away from the Wu mansion.

“I know...” she said as she looks down at her hands, “It's at Wang Zi's house, real house” she said trying to keep herself calm.  

 

 

 

 

 

- - - - - 

Updated! 

Sorry for the long wait. 

I have no excuses. >.<