Treasure of Life

Treasure of Life

“He's not in his room” Gui Gui said to herself as she closes Aaron's bedroom door. “He's not in the house either....I guess he was serious.”

'But how can he be busy?' she thought as she re-enters her room. 'From morning until evening...I wonder what he's up to' she thought and plots onto her bed.

“Well I can't be thinking about him all day now can I?” she sat up. She looks around her room and frowns. 'After clearing up pictures of Wang Zi and me together, my room became so emptied. Like something is missing...'

“Ah! I can redecorate my room then” she said excited and got off her bed. She grabs her bag and went out to shop for new furniture’s.

So from morning till evening, she kept herself busy by remodeling her room.

“All done!” Gui Gui said relaxing her bed. She rolls around her bed and heard a knock at her door.

She got up and opens the door and to her surprise it was Aaron.

“Hey busy guy,” Gui Gui said as she steps out into the hall and closes the door behind her. “Do you need something?” she smiles at him.

“Gui Gui” Aaron said and smiles back. “Did you forgot about our date already?”

Gui Gui took a deep breath and took out her cellphone. The clock read 6:05.

“Omg, I did” she said quickly. “Wait a second, let me go get my bag first” she said about to go into her room but Aaron quickly grabs her arm and pulled her back.

“You won't need your bag” Aaron said. “You just need yourself,” he crosses their fingers and leads them to their last destination.

~

“The piano room?” she said confused.

“I hope I’m done being grounded” he laughs as he pulls her to sit down with him on the piano bench.

“I guess you are” she replies. “So is this our last destination for our date?”

“Bingo” he answers and opens the piano lid.

Without another word he began to play a song for her. And to her surprise he began to sing along with his piano melody.

Gui Gui smile and leans her head onto his shoulders. She closes her eyes and absorbers his sweet voice in.

After a few minutes Aaron finishes his song and Gui Gui sat up again.

“I've never heard that song before, but it's so sounds so sweet and nice. Who's the composer?” she turns to look at him.

“I wrote it” Aaron answers. “I wrote it just for you” he turns to look at her too.

“You wrote it?” she laughs. “No way” she said not believing him.

“I really did” he said and took something out of his pocket. He then hands her a folded sheet of paper. 

She unfolds it and it was the music sheet for the song that he just played for her.

“You can compose?” she looks at him surprised. “Why didn't you tell me that you have such talent?” she smiles and elbows him as she looks at the rest of the music.

“I didn't know I have such talent too. I just...recently found out” he said. But Gui Gui didn't really pay attention to him, she was too into the music notes.

“Gui Gui” Aaron said trying to get her attentions.

“Hmm?” she looks up at him. “So this is our last destination right?” she ask with a smile.

“Yes, this is the fifth destination...but there's something else that I want to tell you.”

“What is it?” she ask with her full attentions on him now.

“Yesterday...did you know why we went to all those places?” he ask her.

“No” she answers simply.

“The things that we went to do yesterday, where things that I like to do.”

“Oh! No wonder the date was so special” she smiles at him. “They were the things that you...” she pause as her smile slowly disappeared. “...like to do...” she gave him a confused look.

“That's right” Aaron paused and looks away from her. “They were the things that I like to do” he said and paused again. “Gui Gui” he called her name and swallowed. “I've gained back all my memories” he said as he turns to look at her again.

Gui Gui suddenly drops the music sheet.

“Huh?”

“I've gained back all my memories” he repeats himself. “I know who I am, where I’m from, and how I got here” he explains. “I'm Aaron Yan, and I’m from Kaohsiung, that's where my family is.”

Gui Gui doesn't know if she should feel happy or sad, so she smiled.

“That's...That's great” she tried to smile. “So when did you regain all you memories back?” she looks away from him.

“During our vacation in Pingtung.”

“During our vacation in Pingtung?” she turns to look at him unbelievably. “Then...why didn't you tell me?...Why did you wait until now to tell me?”

“I was going to tell you after we came back...but then your brother came to see you, and so I didn't want to ruin your happy atmosphere...”

Gui Gui looks away again angry at him, “Who else knew about this?”

“Grandpa, and Dr. Li.”

“So...I wasn't the first person you told either” she smile bitterly. “So much for a promise” she said and got up.

“Gui Gui, listen to me first” Aaron said as he grabs her hand and pulls her down.

“At this point I really don't want to listen to you” Gui Gui said disappointed in him.

“I beg you...listen to me” Aaron said and hugs her. Gui Gui sat stiffly trying to hold in her tears.

“During the time that I fell into the water when we went water skiing...I regained all my memories back. Because we were going at such a fast speed, when I fell I hit the water pretty hard...and that's how I got it all back. And the thing is... falling into the water was how I lost all my memories at too” he stared his story.

“My name is Aaron Yan, but everyone around me calls me Ya Lun. I studied in National University of Kaohsiung, majoring Management. But school was never a pleasant place for me...not after my friends moved away and went to study abroad” he said remembering all the bitter moments.

“My family was a really rich family, we own the Y.A.N Entertainment Company in Kaohsiung. This explains why I can play the piano, and why whenever I play the piano I always get headaches. But because of the bad economy the company became bankrupted and so did my family. But then all the pressure of bring the business up was brought down to me as my father and mother ran away to hide from the loan sharks. With lots of pressure, and with no help I became really depressed. So I decided to ran away from all these miserable things...and decided to end my life.”

Gui Gui was about to pull away from him, but Aaron tightens his grip around her waist.

“I ran to the sea of Kaohsiung and decided to jump off a cliff...but I didn't die. Dr. Li found me along the shore of Kaohsiung's beach while he and his family was on a vacation. But with me not remembering who I am, he brought me here to Taipei, and waited for my recovery.”

Aaron began to felt his shoulders wet as Gui Gui was crying hearing his story.

“Now that I’ve gained all my memories...I kind of wished that I didn't have...that way I can always be by your side, and be the happy go Aaron...the person who I wanted to be...as the happy go Aaron isn't the real me...the real me is so different from him” he said and hugs her tighter.

“But at the same time, I’m glad that I’ve gained it all back...because this way I know who I am, and know what I’m suppose to do from now on.”

“Then what are you suppose to do from now on?” she finally opens .

“I'm going to go back home, I’ve decided to face this crisis...but this doesn't mean that I’ll leave you...leave you forever. It just means that I’ll come back for you after I resolve everything.”

Gui Gui closes her eyes as more tears rolls down her cheeks.

“I knew this day would come sooner or later, so I told my self not to be so selfish...but it seems like I can't do it...I really don't want to let you go. I really can't let you go,” she said and finally puts her arms around his waist. 

“I know you don't...and I don't want to go too. But it's my family, so I’ll have to go back.”

“When do you plan to leave?”

“In a few days.”

Gui Gui quickly pulls away and looks at him.

“A few days? Why so soon?”

“I've been here long enough, I’m sure they're all worried sick about me, so I think it's time I go back. And plus...everything back home is chaos, I should go home as soon as possible.”

“Then take me with you.”

“I wish I could, but I don't want you to get hurt” he said and wipes her tears away.

“But why would I get hurt?” she gave him a confused look.

“....Gui Gui...” Aaron said her name again. He seems to be debating weather he should tell her or not.

“Gui Gui” he said again.

Gui Gui didn't say anything, she just looks at him intensively.

“I-”

Ring! Ring! Ring! Ring!

Gui Gui phone was ringing. She took it out and looked at the caller ID.

“It's from the hospital, hold on a second” Gui Gui said and turns away from Aaron as she took the call.

“Hello?” Gui Gui answers having a bad feeling about this call.

“Gui Gui!” the female voice on the other line said breathless.

“Ping Ping...what is it?” Gui Gui said feeling her heart in panic.

“It's...It's...Wang Zi...”

Gui Gui dropped her phone and felt tears running down her face again. She quickly got up and was about to leave but Aaron caught her hand.

“Gui Gui, what happened at the hospital?” Aaron ask concerned.

“I'm not sure...But I need to go to the hospital now,” she said in a hurry and pulls her hand away from his grip.

Aaron was at lost but followed her to the hospital.

- - - - - -

Gui Gui quickly got out of the taxi and ran into the hospital. She pressed the elevator button and quickly got on the first one that opened. Aaron quickly got in with her right before the door closes.

Tears were still running down her face as they waited to go up the floors. As the elevator slowly goes up she squeezes her hand together tightly.

Aaron who's at lost, did nothing but look at her.

As they stepped out of the elevator and head towards Wang Zi's room they saw a doctors and some nurses coming out of his room. Gui Gui picked up her pace and froze right before she was going to touched the door nob. She felt her heart thumping quickly. Looking at her hand she took a deep breath and then grabs the handle. She looks forward and pushed the door in. Slowly taking baby steps she walks into Wang Zi's room. And slowly as she approaches his bed. She saw the backs of their friends, they were all there already. It seems like she was the last one to arrive.

“Gui Gui, you're here” she heard Li Quan said.

But she didn't reply. She slowly moves towards the bed and saw Mei Mei's back that was blocking Wang Zi.

“Gui Gui” Mei Mei turns around and smile at her. Mei Mei then got up and moved aside.

“Wang Zi” Gui Gui managed to say. A smile curves up her lips as she saw Wang Zi lying on his bed with a smile on his face looking at her.

With the signal of Wang Zi lifting up his hand to her she walks towards him and grabs his hand. She sat next to him and smile as tears of joy ran down her face.

Wang Zi slowly uses the back of his hand to wipe her tears away.

“You stupid boy” Gui Gui utter. “Why did you sleep for so long?” she said with mix feelings now.

Aaron who's watching everything from the back took a last look at them and head out of the room.

Mei Mei noticed him leave and followed him out.

Aaron sat on the chairs that are put along the wall in the hall way and leaned over in deep thoughts.

“I know what you're thinking” Mei Mei said as she came and on the chairs too. “What if Gui Gui start to have feelings for Wang Zi again? What if Wang Zi won't let her go? What if they get back together? What about me?” Mei Mei said quietly. “That's what you're thinking right?”

Aaron sat up and leans back on the chair. 

 “Actually I’m a little relief” Aaron said after a little while. 

“Why do you say that?” Mei Mei said really surprised.

“You'll know when the time comes” Aaron looked at her and smile. “Well if Gui Gui is looking for me, will you please tell her that I’m roaming around?” Aaron said as he got up.

Gui Gui who was standing by the corner of the hall heard him said everything. She held in her tears and went back into Wang Zi's room.
 

 

 

****

UPDATED! XD

Wow!! Wang Zi's is finally awake! At the same time Aaron told Gui Gui about him gaining his memories back! I wonder what's going through Gui Gui's mind. Who is she going to choose?