Treasure of Life

Treasure of Life


Gui Gui reached the hotel and checked in. After dropping off her luggage she heads out to tour Kaohsiung.

“This should be the right place” Gui Gui said as she stares at the tall building in front of her holding some information paper that she hired some people to look for her in her hands.

Gui Gui took a deep breath and was about to go in, but reporters suddenly rushed towards the entrance.

Startled, Gui Gui quickly ran and hide behind a pole and watch as guards came out of the building walking some guys through the hurdle of reporters who were eagerly asking the male in the very front some questions.

Gui Gui didn't recognized him, but hearing the reporters calling him Wu Chun, she knew exactly who he is. Then right behind him two other unfamiliar guys followed him. And following the two, another pair of unfamiliar guys.

But Gui Gui suddenly smile widely as she saw that Aaron was one of the two last male. But her smile disappeared as soon as she realize how thin he got just after a couple weeks. Her heart started to ache to see how pale he was.

Gui Gui's eyes widen as she knocks back into reality

“Oh~ wait!” she said as Aaron and the guys got into a van. Gui Gui towards the van but as soon as she reached the van they drove away.

Gui Gui quickly waved for a taxi and followed them.

~

“So this is where they are” Gui Gui said quietly as she stands behind some bush looking towards the apartment that they went into.

Knowing where they are she decided to head back to her hotel. She had an important appointment, and she felt like it wasn't the time to show herself to Aaron yet.

~

-A few days later-

“Are you sure these information are accurate?” Gui Gui ask the guy that hands her the information she needed. She was quite shock after reading some of the papers.

“I'm 100% sure” he replies.

“Thank you, you can go now, if I need more information I’ll contact you again,” Gui Gui said holding the papers tightly in her hands.

“Yes,” he said and got up. He gave her a small bow and left her alone.

As soon as he leaves the cafe in the hotel Gui Gui leans back on her chair. Tears to pile up in her eyes.

“Aaron...has a fiance?” she said to herself.

- - - - - -

Standing behind a white pillar in the airport Gui Gui watch as Fans screams and reporters flash their cameras at the Taiwanese model who returned from France.

Walking elegantly and with a sweet smile on her face she walks pass the reports in a quick pace as some guards protect her from the reporters and fans. They move their way out to the car that's waiting for her outside. With her big sunglasses on Gui Gui eyes the model until she was out of the airport.

'So...that's Aaron's fiance...' she thought as tears drops down to the ground. 'She's really pretty...'

“Aaron?...” she said as she saw him walking out from behind a pillar too. She quickly hide herself and watches him. “What is he doing here?...Don't tell me...He still have feelings for her..” she said as her eyes widen.

~

“Welcome back!” Jiro said as he, Chun, Calvin and Serena clinks their cup of beer together.

“Thank you guys” Serena said after drinking a sip of the beer. “I'm really happy to be home too.”

“That's good! Because we're happy to have you home too! But I bet you that you'll even be more happy about being home after- ahhh~” Jiro suddenly stops after feeling Calvin steps on his foot.

“After what?” she looks at them curiously.

“Let's eat first” Chun said with a smile on his face as the waiter brought them their food.

“Yeah~ eat” Jiro said as he looks away from Serena's eyes.

Serena looks at the guys who are avoiding her eyes and stuffing their mouths with food. She sigh helplessly and ate.

After a few minutes Serena's manager interrupted them.

“Sorry for interruption, but Serena we'll need to go in fifteen minutes” he told her.

“Alright” she replies. He nods his head and left the room.

“Sorry, we forgot that you have a really pack schedule, and even ask you to come out and eat with us” Calvin said.

“It's okay, I’ll always make time for you guys” she said as she finish up eating. “Anyways, my treat today.”

“No, no, no” Chun said stopping her from getting out her card. “My treat.”

“It's not a big problem” Serena smile at Chun. “Next time you can treat” she said taking out her card.

She sets it on the pay plate and the waiter came to get it. After the waiter left she turns her attention back to the guys and smile at them.

They all look at each other knowing that look. That look was the 'Okay, tell me look.'

“Serena” Calvin began. “When we tell you this, you must keep yourself calm.”

Serena laughs, “Why? Is it some big secret? Is it something that will really shock me?” she said in a joke.

“Yes, this is a big secret, and it will really, really, really, I mean really shock you” Jiro said.

“What is it?” she said very curious now.

“Aaron is back” Chun broke her the news.

Serena laughs, “What? You guys are joking right? I mean...that's impossible...Aaron...Aaron he..he is dead...”

Seeing their straight and serious expressions Serena slowly began to change her expression too.

“Serena, this is not something that we would joke about” Calvin gave her his serious look.

“In other words-”

“In other words Aaron is not dead” Jiro finish her sentence.

She covers as sad and happy emotion rushed through her.

The guys knew she would be shock, but they started to panic when she started to cry.

“S-s-Serena” Jiro said don't know how to stop her from crying. “D-d-don't cry, I mean this is good news. You shouldn't cry hearing good news.”

“Where is Aaron?” she ask them.

“He said that he's not ready to meet you yet...but don't worry, we'll make sure that you two get to meet soon,” Calvin answers her.

“So dry your tears, you still have the rest of your schedule to do” Jiro looks at her pitifully.

“Serena” her manager came to call for her to go.

Serena turns away and wipes her tears away.

“Before I go, can you guys promise me that I’ll get to see Aaron soon?”

They look at each other with a worried expression. It really depends on Aaron if he wanted to meet her or not.

“We promise” they all said after seeing her sad and pleading eyes.

“But you'll have to promise us that you won't tell anyone about this,” Chun said.

“I promise,” she smile, “And thank you guys” she said to them before leaving.

~

Jiro grabs his cup of beer and gulps the rest of it down.

“What are we going to do?” he ask.

“I don't know if Aaron will meet her any time soon...he's having enough problems to think about already” Calvin said as he leans back on his chair.

“You'll tell Aaron about meeting Serena, and he'll take care of that,” Chun said as he leans back on his chair too.

“What me? Why me?” Jiro said shocked.

“Who told you to bring him up to her?” Calvin said to him.

“I...I...I'm sorry okay. I just slipped out” he said knowing that he's wrong.

“It's too late already” Calvin said.

. “So we'll leave that up to you” Chun said in deep thoughts. He lets out a deep sigh. “I really don't know what to do next, how are we going to save the company? How are we going to get that much money in such short amount of time? Is there still anyone out there that can help us?”

The other two guys looks at each other saying nothing.

“I can help you” they heard a female voice said and looks up at the door to see an unfamiliar girl standing there.

“You are?” Calvin ask.

“Gui Gui, Wu Ying Jie” she told them.

They all stood up, some what surprised to see her.

- - - - - -

“Aaron!”

Aaron sat up as he heard the guys returned back from meeting Serena.

“What is it?” he looks at them tiredly. “You guys look so happy.”

“That's because there's Good news!” Jiro said as they sat down on the sofa.

“Good news?” he gave them a confuse look. “We never get good news.”

“Dude, just ask what it is” Calvin said trying to brighten up his spirit.

“What is it?”

Calvin and Jiro looks at Chun to tell him.

“We've got the loan!” Chun said excitedly.

“Really?!” Aaron straighten himself up.

“Really!” Jiro replies.

“That's great!” Aaron said relief. “But where did you guys get it from?”

They look at each other.

-Flash Back-

They all stood up, some what surprised to see her.

By their actions Gui Gui was quite surprised too.

“You guys know who I am?” she ask them.

“We don't know the whole story, but Aaron had mention you once when he got back,” Chun answers her.

“He mentioned me?”

“He said that there was this girl that he like, and her name is Gui Gui, Wu Ying Jie” Calvin said.

“I see” Gui Gui said as she lightly nods her head.

“Well, nice to finally meet you” Jiro said introducing himself first.

~

“What?! So you've been here for a few days already?” Jiro ask after listening to Gui Gui's short story of how she knew all of them.

Gui Gui nods her head.

“Then why didn't you come to see us when you got here?”

She smile at them, “You see, it wasn't the right time yet.”

“So, now is the right time then?”

“It seems to be so.”

“I'm sorry to interrupt but, you said that you can help us earlier. So how are you going to help us?” Chun ask her.

“Before we start this discussion, all of you must promise me that you won't tell Aaron about me being here...And please don't ask why, just promise me...okay?”

-End of Flash Backs-

“Ah! Right! Aaron!” Jiro said loudly trying to avoid the topic.

“Serena!” Calvin added.

“What about Serena?” he looks at them.

“Serena wants to meet you” Jiro told him.

“What? You guys told Serena?” he looks at them unbelievably.

“I'm sorry...it was my fault...it just slipped out of my mouth” Jiro confess.

“How could you? Didn't I tell you guys not to tell her?”

“But we already promised her that you'll go see her. And...and she is still your fiance, so why can't we tell her?”

“Yeah Aaron, and she's not the type of person that will tell anyone about this” Calvin added trying to make the atmosphere better.

“But if you don't want to see her, then we'll just have to tell her that,” Chun finally spoke.

After a long silence Aaron spoke.

“No, I’ll go see her, in fact I’ll go see her tomorrow, where is she staying?” he ask them.

 

 

 

 

****

Da! Da! Da! Dun!

Gui Gui or Serena?