Treasure of Life

Treasure of Life

'Aaron is leaving soon...what should I do?' Gui Gui thought as she watch the sleeping Wang Zi. 'Two days had already passed...I should have thought of an answer already...but I’ve thought of none' she sigh to herself.

Suddenly she heard the door opens.

“Wang Zi, I’m here” she heard a female voice said. She turns around to see who it was.

“Xiao Xun?” Gui Gui said surprised.

“Gui Gui...” Xiao Xun said as she dropped the flowers in her hands.

Gui Gui looks at the flowers on the ground and then looks at Xiao Xun again.

~

“It's been so long” Xiao Xun said after an long awkwardness.

They were now in a coffee shop near the hospital.

“How have you been?” she smile at Gui Gui.

Gui Gui who was looking at her cup of coffee turned her gaze to look at Xiao Xun.

“You've been visiting Wang Zi haven't you?” Gui Gui ask as she just want to get down to the point. “You've been changing his flowers, rearranging his room, washing him up, taking care of him haven't you?”

Xiao Xun became nervous and held her cup of coffee tightly in her hands.  

“Why did you come back here?” Gui Gui continue to ask her. “Didn't you want to forget about him? Didn't your family want you to forget about him?”

Xiao Xun continues to be silence.

Gui Gui tired of her silence sigh. “What am I saying?” she asks herself. “I...I should actually be thanking you...thanking you for taking care of Wang Zi,” Gui Gui said as she looks down at her cup of coffee. 'All the while that you were taking care of him...I was being selfish...' she thought to herself.

“But...You really don't a reason to be taking care of him,” Gui Gui looks at her again.

“I do” Xiao Xun finally spoke. She took a quick glance at Gui Gui then back  down at her cup.

“Is it because you like Wang Zi?” Gui Gui said quickly after making Xiao Xun look at her instantly.

- - - - - -

“Wang Zi...” Gui Gui said after finish feeding Wang Zi.

“Hmmm?” Wang Zi said practicing using his voice again.

“I'm going to go home in a bit to go shower and change. I’ll be back later tonight, okay?” she said as she moves his meal tray away.

“Mmmm” she heard him said.

“But of course I won't leave you alone. Mei Mei will be here in a bit, so she'll keep you company while I’m gone” Gui Gui said as she came back and sat next to Wang Zi.

He reached for her hand and she let him held it. But the feeling of holding hands with Wang Zi wasn't the same as before. At the same time she feels guilty towards Aaron. She felt like she had committed a crime.

“My handsome brother! Mei Mei is here!” Mei Mei said cheerfully as she walks into the room.

Gui Gui turns around and smile at her.

“Thanks for coming” Gui Gui said as she got up.

“Hey, he's my brother, you shouldn't be thanking me. I should be the one thanking you instead” Mei Mei said as she sets her things down on the sofa.

“Wang Zi, be good with Mei Mei okay?” Gui Gui said about to go grab her things but Wang Zi grips on her hand tighter.

“What is it?” Gui Gui turns back around.

Wang Zi just pout his lips out at her.

Gui Gui hesitated for a bit, but then she ends up leaning down by him and he turns and kiss her on the cheek.

“Okay, I’ll be back later” Gui Gui said and pulls her hand away from his.

She walks over to the sofa and grabs her things.

“Later” Gui Gui smile to the siblings then head out the door.

- - - - - -

As Gui Gui finished drying her hair she heard Aaron's door click. Gui Gui sets down her towel and walks towards her door. She opens it and looks at Aaron's door. She took a deep breath and walk across the hall.

Gui Gui stood in front of Aaron's room and knocks on the door. But there was no reply. So she knocks again. But still no answer. So she decided to give up. But just as she turns away the door opens.

“Gui Gui” Aaron said looking at her with a silly face.

“OH MY-” Gui Gui turns away as the smell of alcohol was blown into her face. “Aaron did you drink?”

Aaron smiled at her and pull her into his arms. “I miss you” he said hugging her tightly.

“Aaron” Gui Gui said trying to get out of his tight grip. “You're too drunk.”

Aaron laughs, “I'm not drunk! I’m just in pain!” he yells. Aaron closes his eyes and lost balance making them both fall over to the ground.

Lying next to Aaron Gui Gui got up and pulled him to his bed with all her strength.

~

“Hello?”

“Mei Mei...I don't think that I can make it back tonight...something came up” Gui Gui said as she looks at Aaron who's asleep. “Can you help me explain to Wang Zi?”

“Don't worry about it” Mei Mei said having a clue what it was about.

“Thank you” Gui Gui said and hung up.

She set the phone aside and grabs onto Aaron's hand.

“I'm sorry” she said looking at him. 'Because of me that you're in pain right?' she thought to herself. 'Because of me you went drinking right?'

“I'm sorry” she said again.

She lies down next to him and turned to the side to face him. She scoot closer to his face and gave him a kiss on the lips.

“I miss you too” she said quietly and then closes her eyes. “I really do.”

~

Gui Gui woke up to find herself alone in Aaron's room. She got up and went to look for him, but he was no where to be found.

“Grandpa, have you seen Aaron?” Gui Gui ask as she ran into the living room.

“Aaron? He just went out” Grandpa Wu said reading a paper.

“Where did he go?”

“I'm not sure” he said concentrating on the paper. “But don't worry, he'll be back for dinner.”

Gui Gui walks around the sofa and sat down.

“Ah~ Xiao Ying, I heard that, that rascal woke up” Grandpa Wu said as he sets the paper down on the table.

“Mmm” Gui Gui said not in the mood to talk about Wang Zi.

“It's about time he wakes up” Grandpa Wu said quietly and went back to reading his paper. As he reads he took a peek at Gui Gui whom's brain seems to be all over the place.

Ring! Ring! Ring!

“Hello Wu Residence” Gui Gui quickly answers the phone.

“What?! Yes...Okay, I’ll be there immediately” Gui Gui said and hung up the phone.

“Who called?” Grandpa Wu ask seeing her shocked face. But Gui Gui just got up and ran out of the house.

~

Gui Gui stops breathless in front of the police station. She took a deep breath and walks in.

“Aaron~” she said as she saw Aaron sitting on a chair by the desk with a bruised face. Seeing his bruised face made her heart aches.

“Hi” Gui Gui greeted the officer as she came and sat down next to Aaron.

After doing some paper work they were free to go.

Aaron got up and walked out of the building ignoring her.

“Thank you” Gui Gui said quickly to the officer and ran out after Aaron.

“Aaron!” Gui Gui said as she caught up with him. “What happened? Why did you fight? Does it hurt? Let me see” Gui Gui said as she pulls his hand to stop him. She lifts her hand up to look at his wound but he hits her hand away.

“Don't worry about me, I can take care of myself” he said coldly.

Gui Gui stares at him in shock. Just then the sky began to get cloudy.

Aaron look at Gui Gui coldly and annoyingly.

Gui Gui took a deep breath to hold in her tears. She then smile at him, “It must have really hurt” she said softly. “Let's quickly go home so that I can cure your cut for you” Gui Gui said and grabs his hand again. 

Aaron swung her hand away.

“I don't need you to cure my wound for me, and I don't want you to care about me” he said still in a cold tone. “Why don't you just go back to the hospital and stay by your prince's side?!” he yell at her.

Tears started to drop down her cheeks. Aaron swallowed and turns away as he saw her tears. 

“Didn't you miss him? Don't you just always think about him? Why don't you just go there and stay there?! I don't need you to be here with me!”

“Why are you yelling at me? Why are you yelling at me to go to his side?” Gui Gui said looking at him.

It started to sprinkle.

“I don't want you anymore, and...this is the real me. If you don't like it then stay way from me...No, let's break up” Aaron said looking at her. “It's best for the both of us.”

It started to rain heavily as they stare at each other.

Aaron turns away and started to walk away.

Gui Gui ran after him and hugs him from the back.

“Aaron...I'm sorry...I'm sorry for hurting you...but after being away from you for a couple of days, I’ve thought about this clearly. I don't care if you've gained back all your memories. I don't care if your family is bankrupted. And I don't care if you're not the happy go Aaron. Because to me, you're still Aaron. The Aaron that I love” she said holding him tightly. 

Aaron shuts his eyes tightly as he heard her every word. He felt like a needle was piercing through is heart hurting her this way. He slowly opens Gui Gui's hands around his waist and turns around to look at her.

“Don't say anything. Don't tell me that we should break up. Stop telling me to go to Wang Zi, because I won't listen," she said and tiptoe to kiss him. She swung her hands around his neck and pulled herself closer to him.

Aaron tightly squeezes his hand into a fist trying to hold himself back, but he couldn't. He had always been a weak person, and because Gui Gui had hit his soft spot he couldn't continue his act. He pulled Gui Gui closer to him and kissed her back harshly. He kissed her like they haven't seen each other in years. He held her tightly. He didn't want to let her go. He didn't want this moment to end. They didn't want the moment to end.

- - - - -

“Why are the both of you soaking wet? Aaron what happened to your face?” Grandpa Wu said shock as he saw the two walk into the house. “Never mind, just go up and change quickly” he said ushering them up the stairs.

They smile at each other and ran up the stairs.

“Kids now days” Grandpa Wu shook his head.

~

“You're lucky that grandpa didn't ask us much question” Gui Gui said as she sat on Aaron's bed and opens a first aid kit.

Aaron just smile at her.

“And how you could still smile like that in this situation” she pouts as she took out some cream to put on his cut and bruises.

“Then what do you want me to do? Cry? Frown?” he ask her.

“For get it” she said as she grabs his chin and turns his head to face her.

“Ahhh~ it hurts” he complains.

“That's good” she replies. “There, all done.”

Gui Gui closed the first aid kit and sets it on the ground. She then turns to face Aaron who looks away, because he had the feeling of trouble coming.

“Aaron” Gui Gui said in a hurtful tone.  “Why did you push me towards Wang Zi? Did you really don't need me?” she ask.

Aaron reached for her hands and squeezed them. 

“I'm sorry” he said. “It's not that I don't need you...it's just that...I'm just jealous” he said as he looks into her eyes. “Jealous that my girlfriend is next to her ex-boyfriend and taking care of him while all I can do is watch," he told her part of his reason.

“I'm sorry too...it's just that...I don't know how to tell Wang Zi about us yet. So...I thought I should wait until he recovers more to tell him....But for now, you're not allow to tell me to go to him understand?” she narrows her eyes at him. "Or mention about breaking up with me."

"Yes ma'am.”

“Promise” she said and quickly hooks her pinky with his.

He laughs and leans over to hug her.

'I need you...I need you the most' Aaron thought as he held her. 'But I don't want you to get hurt, because the road that I’m walking back towards...will be a rough one.'

 

 

 

****

UPDATED!

But i felt like this chapter is not organized enough. Oh well...

I'll update the next chapter soon!