Treasure of Life

Treasure of Life

“How are you doing?” she said as she sat beside his bed.

“I'm doing fine,” she smiles as she wipes his arms with a wet warm cloth.

“Oh yeah, did I tell you that I’m graduating soon?” she looks at his pale face.

“I know, I’m very excited too, one more month to go.”

She s his shirt and took it off.

“But, I'll be really busy for the next few weeks...” she pouts. “Still, that won't stop me from coming to visit you everyday, I promise” she said as she wipes his chest.

After half an hour she got done.

“I'll be going now,” she pulls her sleeves down. “I'll see you tomorrow” she looks down at him. She leans down and touches his face with her hands. She smiles and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“I love you” she said by his ear before leaving.

'It's been three years' she thought as she walks home. 'Three years since he had been in a coma...'

- - - - -

-Next day-

“I'm here” Gui Gui smiles at her boy friend.

“Did you have a good-night sleep?” she sat down her bag on the sofa and walks to his side.

She sat down beside him and held his hand.

“Ah...did you noticed that someone came and occupied the room next to yours? I know, that room hasn't been emptied for awhile. And I think that it was a guy that moved in” she said and laughs.

“What? You're jealous?” she looks at him. “Don't worry” she leans down by his ear. “I'll always be by your side.”

Knock. Knock.

She turns to the door.

“Gui Gui” the male said and smiles.

- - - - -

“How have you been?” he ask her as he hands her a cup of coffee and then sat next to her.

“Fine...When did you get back?”

“Just now. I just thought that I should give my best friend a visit first. How has he been? Has he been recovering?”

“He's the same everyday” Gui Gui replies. “The doctors said that they don't know when or will he ever wake up.”

“Don't give up hopes yet. Miracles can always happen.”

She nods, “I know,” she said and looks at him. “So how was your time abroad?” she change the subject.

“Good, I’m finally back for the good,” he smiles.

“That's good.”

Ring Ring Ring Ring

“Ah~ cuse me” he said and got up.

She nodded and took a sip of her coffee.

After a few minutes he came back.

“Sorry, but I better get going, my parents are dying to see me.”

“It's okay, you should get going then, everyone must be waiting” she said as she got up.

“Sorry again, I will come and visit when I’m more settle down.”

“Take your time... I'll be going back then” she said and turns around.

“Gui Gui” he said.

She turns around and stiffens as he suddenly hugs her.

“If you ever need something, somebody, remember that I’m here and will always be next to you.”

“Thanks” she said and pulls away.

She gave him a small smile, and without another word she turns around and walks away.

“Who am I kidding? You've never even consider me...as a more than a friend” he smiles to himself and walks the other way.

- - - - -

“I'm back” Gui Gui said as she enters her boyfriend's hospital room

She walks over to Wang Zi and sat down beside him.

She grabs his hand and held it next to her cheek.

“I have you...and that's all I need,” she mumbles.

She lies her head down and fell asleep.