Treasure of Life

Treasure of Life

Knock Knock

“Gui Gui?” Aaron said standing outside of Gui Gui's room.

Nobody answered.

“Sorry for the intrusion” he said and opens the door, and found no sign of her. He closes the door and puts his hands on his hip.

“Where could that girl run to so early in the morning?” he ask himself.

~

“Happy Birthday to you!” Gui Gui sang as she held the cake in front of the camera.

“Wow looks delicious!” Wang Zi said.

Hearing his voice made tears ran down her face. It has been so long since she heard his voice.

“Blow out the candles” Gui Gui said still holding on to the cake. “Wait, make a wish first” she said as she moves the cake away from Wang Zi as he was about to blow.

“Okay, ummm.....got it” he said and then blew out the candles.

“Wow!” Gui Gui cheers. “Hey, put down the camera and cut the cake” she orders him as she walks over to the table and set the cake down.

“One second” he said as he fixes the camera onto the legs that holds up the camera.

“Hi” he said as he waves to the camera. He then turns around and went to join Gui Gui.

“What did you wish for?” she ask him as he sits across from her.

“My first wish is for my family and friends to be healthy. My second wish is to always have rainy days. And my last wish is a secret” he said as he winks at her.

“Secret it is” she said as she scoop a bit of cream from the cake with her finger. She opens like she was about to eat it but smudged it on Wang Zi's face instead.

“Gui Gui” he said with an evil tone.

Gui Gui quickly got up and was ready to run away from him.

“You won't get away with this crime” he smirk at her.

Gui Gui smiles back, and ran for her life as Wang Zi chases her.

Sitting in the theater room Gui Gui cries alone as she watch Wang Zi's past birthday movies.

~

“It's noon” Aaron said worried as he looks at the clock hanging on the living room wall. He was in the living room watching TV. He turns off the TV and and took out his cell phone to call Gui Gui.

“Your call has been forwarded into an automatic voice mail-”

Aaron closed his phone and got off the couch.

“That girl, where did she go?” he ask and walks towards the window. “It's raining so hard outside, she didn't get into an accident did she?”

“Ahiya! She's not me, she wouldn't get lost” he smiles. “Relax Aaron” he told himself. “I shall go keep myself busy” he said and walks towards the hall that leads to the big rooms.

~

“She's sleeping” Wang Zi said as he records himself next to Gui Gui who fell asleep watching a movie.

“She can never stay awake during a movie” he sigh. “But this is what is cute about her” he talks to the camera.

“Should I tell you what my last wish is?” he whispers to the camera. He nods the camera. “Okay” he whispers and turns to look at Gui Gui to make sure that she's really asleep. “I wished that Gui Gui and I will be together for the rest of our lives” he whispers and laughs quietly. He then turns the camera to the sleeping Gui Gui. “Isn't she the prettiest, cutest, most adorable girlfriend that anyone can have?” he smiles. “But at the same time the most clueless too” he chuckles quietly. “But maybe that's why I’m so attached to her huh?”

Gui Gui smile as tears ran down her face.

“Okay, I better go, if I talk to much I’m afraid that later when my cute girlfriend re-watch this she might love me too much” he laughs. “Bye Bye” he waves to the camera and shuts it off.

Gui Gui got up and took out the movie. She then puts the next one in.

~

“Wow! That was a nice work out” Aaron said as he lays down on the small gym's floor trying to catch his breath.

After awhile he got up and heads back to his room to take shower. Before entering his room he went to Gui Gui's door and knocks. Nobody answered so he opens the door and there was still no Gui Gui. He closed the door and went into his room.

~

Gui Gui finally finished watching all the birthday episodes. She sat in the dark drying her tears and in deep thought.

After another hour she got off her and packed the movies into the her bag. She then heads back to her room.

“There you are” she heard Aaron said from the living room as she was walking pass it. “Where have you been? Did you eat yet? Are you okay? I was so worried about you” he said as he walks towards her.

“I'm fine,” she said without looking at him. “Didn't I tell you not to worry about me?” she said and started to walk up to her room.

Aaron follows her up to her room and was shut out. He stood in the hall way waiting for her. He waited, and waited, but she never came back out. It was midnight now, and she never came back out.

“Maybe she's asleep” he said to himself. But still he sat outside of her door and waited. He wanted to make sure that she was okay.

- - - - - - -

“Oh!”

Gui Gui came out of her room and found Aaron asleep sitting against the wall. She kneels down by him and smiles. She got up and went into her room. Gui Gui came back out with a blanket and covers him. She then walks downstairs.

Hours later Aaron finally woke up and found a blanket on him. He quickly stands up and opens Gui Gui's room. She was not in her room, and her room was really photo empty. All the pictures that was in her room the last time he came in was all gone. There was only two pictures left, and they were by her bed. He closes the door and ran downstairs.

“Aunt Tsai, have you seen Gui Gui?” he ask worriedly.

“Xiao Ying? She went to the hospital. Why?”

“Oh~ nothing” he said disappointed. “Thanks” he said and turns around heading back to his room.

“Aaron Xiao Ye, would you like to eat now?” she ask before he left.

“No thanks, I’m not hungry yet” he said as he turns around and gave her smile.

- - - - - - -

It was getting late again, and Gui Gui's not home yet. Aaron who's tired of waiting inside went outside and it was raining. He grabs an umbrella and went down by the gate waiting for her to come back. He waited for at least two hours before he sees a figure walking towards him.

“Gui Gui!” he calls out and ran towards her. “You're all soaked! Let's go in and get you change” he said with a worried face as he grabs her hand and turns to go but she turns him back around and looks at him. She smile and hugs him.

“I'm so happy to see you” she said hugging him tightly. “Aaron” she said still hugging him.

“Huh?” he answers her.

“No matter how many times I fall, you'll always be there to catch me right?” she ask.

“Of course I will, if it's not me, then who will catch this clumsy you?” he answers her.

She laughs softly, “Thank you” she said and pulls away from him. “I guess I’m ready, I’m ready to move on then” she said confidently looking into his eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

****

Alrighty! Gui Gui is officially moving on! XD