Treasure of Life

Treasure of Life

Cough Cough.

Aaron lays on the sidewalk lifeless.

~Flash~

“Hey! Hey! Look now rich boy!” some guys said as they push Aaron against the wall.

Aaron looks at them coldly.

“Don't give us that look!” one of the guys said and punches Aaron.

Just as he hits the ground another guy pulls him up.

“Did you think that because you're rich and from a wealthy family we'll bow down to you and treat you like god?!” he said as he punches Aaron.

Another guy caught Aaron and slams him up against the wall. “We hate rich and stingy people like you, but thanks to you, we'll always get money” he said and knees Aaron's stomach.

Before the guys left they grabbed all the money that Aaron had on him.

Aaron lies on the ground in pain. Bitterness fills him. All that was on his mind was hatred and revenge.

~End Flash~

Aaron slowly closes his eyes and everything turned pitched black.

- - - - - -

The sun is rising and Gui Gui was still out looking for Aaron. She was trying so hard to keep her tears in. She took a deep breath tiredly and continues to look.

“A...Aaron?” she said speechless as she found him on the streets. She ran towards him and quickly got down by his side. “Aaron...Aaron? Aaron!” she calls out his name. She shook him and hope that he'll reply to her call. He was bruised and had blood on him. “Aaron...Aaron! You can't die! You have to be ok!” she said as she held him in her arms. Holding him tightly she finally lets her tears flow down her cheeks.

She pressed her cheeks against his head and cries hopelessly.

“Hey...it hurts” she heard Aaron said softly.

She looks down at him and smiles as she saw his eyes open.

“How are you feeling?” she ask quickly.

“Cold...hurt...hungry...sad but happy...” he said before closing his eyes again.

“Aaron? Aaron?!” she shook him again.

- - - - -

Aaron opens his eyes and found himself in his room, all warm. He turns to his side and found Gui Gui asleep by his side. A smile crept up his lips as he shifted his body slowly and gently trying not to wake her up. Facing her this breeze of joy rushed up and down his body, a kind of joy that he could not explain.

Looking at her face he recalls what happened. Another smile crept up his lips. With a smile on his face he fell back asleep.

~

“Aaron!” Gui Gui said as she sat up breathing heavily. She looks around and found herself on Aaron's bed. Aaron was no where to be found. She quickly pulls the blanket away and got up. She slips on her slippers and head towards the door. Just as she was about to grab on the door knob the door opens.

“You're awake” Aaron said as he walks in with a tray of fruits. “Where are you going?” he ask as he walks into his room and sets down the try.

Gui Gui turns around and looks at him.

“What's wrong?” he smile at her as he turns around.

She walks closer to him as tears piles up in her eyes. She stops in front of him and smile.

“You're okay” she said and hugs him.

Aaron stiffens at her sudden hug. He never thought that she would ever hug him first. But he didn't care now, he liked this feeling. Her body was so warm.

“Of course I’m okay, I won't die yet” he laughs.

Hearing his laughter she pulls away and looks at him.

“You should get more rest” she said as she dries her tears. “I'll be going to my room now” she turns around.

“Gui Gui” Aaron stops her. “Thank you” he said.

“For what?” she ask not turning back.

“For looking for me...I heard from Aunt Tsai...you looked for me the whole night until dawn. Thank you.”

“I...I...I was just doing it for my grandpa. He agreed to look after you, so it's also my responsibility too,” she said quickly and walks out of Aaron's room.

'I was just doing it for my grandpa' those eight words repeated over and over in his mind. “Really?” he whispers.  

 

 

 

 

 

- - - - - 

Poor Aaron...he just gets hurt over and over again.