CHAPTER 04: Am I Gay?

It's You

JOOHYUN’s POV


Yesterday, Wendy stayed with me until her dad picked her up from the hospital. What did we do? We just played rock, paper, scissors and the loser must make funny face, and guess what? I always win. Wendy is so funny with all those expressions. And I thought about teasing her by calling her, “derp queen”. She told me that she will meet me today at home and mom is already getting ready to get me home.

When we’re on our way home,I saw a familiar girl sitting on the swing in the tree.
I smiled knowaing that it’s her, it’s Wendy. After the taxi stopped, I quickly got out of the taxi and ran towards Wendy. 

 

“Wendy-ah!!!!”

“Oh, Unnie, you’re here already” Wendy said while smiling. 

“yeah I’m here, why, does derp queen miss me?”
Wendy nodded and put on a sour expression about what I just said.

“derp queen?!”
Bingo, I offended her.

“it fits your expression Wendy, you should’ve seen your face while you make funny face. Hahahahaha”
I laughed while holding my stomach

“awww, tsk. Tsk. You’re mean unnie”

“okay, I’ll stop, I’m just teaing you, what’s that?”  I asked while pointing at the small box she is holding.

“oh, for you unnie”
I received she and starts to open  it.
It’s cute, Its’ a bunny! It’s a keychain bunny! I love bunnies! I smiled and hugged her because I’m so happy. 

“Thanks Wendy!! Wow! I really love it, I love Bunny! Did you know that I love bunnies?”

“ah, no, I just picked it because I think it resembles it resembles you. That’s why I picked it for you. And for me, a hamster!”
Wendy said while revealing a hamster keychain. 

"Ah because of those chubby cheeks"


“We have a friendship keychain Unnie”. Wendy said while smiling sheepishly.

“friendship keychain?” 

“it’s just a symbol that Wendy and Joohyun are now friends.”

I nodded my head and I suddenly remembered that mom and I bought ice cream 

“Wanna have ice cream inside?”
Wendy just nodded and then we headed inside.


We are now in my room. We played many stuffs. Also we played the crocodile game. I just learned that Wendy is very bad at this game. And after lunch, we just open up for each other. She told me that she wanted to be a composer someday. And I also learned about her mother. I guess she doesn’t fully understand their family’s situation because she just told me the story while wearing that bubbly face. Also, she learned that I dance a lot and she told me show her my skill in dancing. I guess she is convince about what my mom told me that I’m good at dancing. Wendy, Wendy, I think we will last for a very long time. Ours, our friendship. And I’m happy that I met her after being left by Seulgi.

 

(6 MONTHS LATER) 

School is already here, and luckily, Wendy and I are on the same school. Mr. Son also insist that he will take me to school, together with her daughter since we are going in the same school.
After I finished getting ready for school, I ate breakfast which mom prepared and bid her goodbye after that. I’m happy going to school and I’m happy holding my bag because the bunny keychain is already attached to it.The bunny keychain that Wendy gave me.

I walked to their house and Mr. Son told me to wait in the sofa while he is putting on clothes to his little princess.
After they headed downstairs, I smiled at Wendy seing her cute hairstyle. She has her bangs and has two braided hair by side to side with her new uniform on. I walked closer to her and slowly put the rabbit pin on her hair. It suits her.
She touched it and grins at me. 


“Thank you Unnie”


“Happy 6th monthsary for our Friendship Wendy!” I hugged her and she hugged me back


“Waahh! Daebak Unnie, You are my bestfriend. Promise" She told me with her hand forming a promise sign

“Me too” I said and smiled at her. She already is, Seulgi and I just last for about a month? I treated her like my own sister though.


“Come on girls, You’ll be late. Head to the car first okay”


“Yes Mr. Son”

-----------------------------------------------------------------


After we headed to school, Wendy and I went to the hall of school first where each teachers and students celebrate every first day of school.

The Principal of the school introduced the students in kindergarten and Wendy was introduced.
The principal is amused by Wendy’s bubbly Personality so she ask her to sing.
And I smiled proudly at her while she is singing and making her eye contact in me.
It’s good to have a best friend. It’s good to have Wendy in my life.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 YEARS LATER
WENDY’s POV

It’s been 10 Years since me and Joohyun Unnie became fiends. There isn’t a single day that we’re not together. Every holidays has been accompanied by Joohyun Unnie. She takes care of me and I know that I’m also doing the same thing. After school, we will always meet up by the front of their house where the tree Is there and she will always ask me to play the guitar after I learn it. I also joined a singing band in our school and I also told unnie to join the dance crew but she just turn down the offer even though she is a good dancer. She always help me to write lyrics for our song in the band and I am very thankful for that.
I know that Joohyun Unnie is very close to me, we even take a bath together. She’s very clingy and touchy. Sure we are very close but why is it that every night, I think about her, I always want to talk to her. If she talks to other people, I would always want to get her attention?. Is it love?. But being in love when you are 16 years old?. Can that happen?. Is it possible to fall in love with a girl?. I mean, I’m still young to fall in love right? Right?. These things has been bugging me recently and I decided on telling Joy and Yeri about this (Joy and Yeri are also Joohyun Unnie and my friends, we met at some camp when we were all teamed up together) in case that they know what this is I am feeling. 
So we met up at the cafeteria and I told Joohyun Unnie to wait for me at home. She looks disappointed going home alone, but I cant open this up to her because I’m not yet sure what this is. 

I went to the cafeteria first and made some group chat for Joy and Yeri and me after I ordered some food for these two gluttons.

 

Me:
Guys, meet up at the cafeteria, my treat.

Yeri:
No Thanks, I’m with my boyfriend, Unnie

Joy:
You’re 11 years old. You’re a kid and you have a boyfriend?. You even beat Joohyun Unnie huh?

Yeri:
That’s because I am beautiful and no one can resist me.

Me:
Yeri- ah can you please come by just today.

Yeri:
Why?

Joy:
So I can choke you about talking nonsense.

Yeri: 
Whatever chicken! WenWen Unnie, okay I’ll go, just wait for me there and don’t give the chicken leg to Joy.

Me: 
Thanks, Kim Yrim.

Joy:
Unnie, I’m in front of the cafeteria now. Just a second.


I was about to reply but I heard a familiar voice scream my name.

“Unnie!”


It’s Joy. I just signaled her to come here and she ran towards me.

So she ran by the table where I sit and quickly get the chicken in the plate and started eating while she is taking her seat.


“Thanks for coming Sooyoung”


“no problem” she said while munching the chicken on .


“Unnies!” Yeri said while running to our table.


“Yerim-ah” I called while smiling at her.


“So what’s up?” Yeri said while sitting down and shoving the pasta on .

“Uhmm, the thing is—“


“Where’s Joohyun Unnie?” Joy said


“Er. I didn’t call her”


Yeri gasped “Whae?” 


“Well” I just took a deep breath and started to reveal the thought.

“It’s about her” I continued after getting into the situation.


“What about her?” Yeri asked while eating the chicken leg now.


“maybe Wendy unnie, has realized now that she likes Joohyun Unnie” Joy said and I look at her in confusion but  Joy said it while she is still looking at her food. Putting a poker face


Then Yeri hit Joy’s arm. “Yah! Be quiet! She doesn’t know it yet” Yeri whispered but loud enough to make me hear it
I observe the two of them bickering at each other and realize that they know something I don’t know yet.
I decided to talkto break them up from bickering.

“What? What are you two talking about? What did you said Joy”

Joy look at Yeri  and Yeri returned the contact.


“Tell her already, Joy Unnie”


“Unnie, we alrteady know the reason why you didn’t invite Joohyun Unnie with us.” Joy said while looking at me.


“You like Joohyun Unnie right, Wendy Unnie?” Yeri said and looked at me


“It’s just you and Joohyun Unnie who doesn’t realize that yet. From the way you look at her and when we talk to her, you always want to get her atterntion always.” Joy said 


“I know this sounds like a fast drum whenever she is clingy and when she taps your ” Yeri said while tapping my chest pointing to my heart


“W-wait, You said I like her, But, I have many questions in my mind right now. Is it possible to fall in love with a girl”


“YES!” Both said in Unison


“So, I’m gay?”


“hmm, You didn’t even have a crush on a boy right?” Joy said while waiting for my answer.
I nodded my head while recalling that I really don’t have any boy crush. Since it was already Joohyun Unnie from the start.


“then you sure are” Yeri said while twisting the pasta now in her pork


“but, I’m 16 years old. I’m still young to like someone” I protested


“Puppy love?” Yeri asked Joy, unsure 


“I think It’s not impossible to fall in love because you already experienced adolescence. Which means you’re in the right age. My advice is you should tell her how you feel.”


 “Really? What if I got rejected?”


“You’ll never know when don’t try” Joy said.


“How will I confess?” 


“Sing to her, we can help you write lyrics” Yeri said giving her idea.


I just look at them while eating. How could these 2 gluttons know so much about love, despite their age. 

Okay, lets try to confess once and for all Wendy.

So after they finished eating we went to the garden and as Yeri said, They helped me write a lyrics for Joohyun Unnie. And I like the lyrics they are putting on the song. After we finished writing, Joy Named the song “Once In A Lifetime”. And I’m really really nervous about the confession later. Yes, Im gonna do it later. I’m gonna confess to my One and only first love, Bae Joohyun.

 

________________________________________________________

 

 

 

So here is the update guys! Sorry if this is a boring chapter. I'm sick so that's why i'm not in a good mood. Also i feel down because my ship is not the one who has many fanfics written. Its SeulRene :( .It's not that I dont like Seulgi, For godsake I love her but its just that I want Joohyun for Seungwan only. As simple as that. . . ANYWAYS! hows Joy and Yeri revealed in the story? .where is Seulgi?. Well, youll find out soon so stay tuned. Thank you for those who subscribed. I really appreciate it. Wendy is Gay? Hahaha. I pictured the whole cafeteria talk perfectly last night. And Joy and Yeri being the gluttons. Well tell me what you think in the comment below. LOVE YOU ALL! :3 

 

COMMENT GUYS:   |

                                   |

                                  V