CHAPTER 23: MISSING HER

It's You

IRENE’s POV


 Today was my birthday. But why do I feel so bored. It was almost 6:00 in the evening.  Seulgi has also said that we’re gonna celebrate my birthday here so we played here and watched some drama’s the whole day. And so Seulgi decided to be the chef now. She is busy making foods. In fact she made a total of 4 dishes . And I don’t know why she is cooking another, besides, it’s only us who will eat it why does she have to cook so many.


I walked towards the kitchen and gave her a backhug while she is cooking.

“Why are you making so many food?” 

“Ah, it’s my girlfriends birthday so I’m planning on making her full” Seulgi said as she held my hands around her body.

I pouted as i understood what she just told me.

“Yah! Are you now planning on making me fat?”

“Hmm, I would still love you even if you’re fat baby” Seulgi said as she finished plating the food she is cooking.


I just smiled at her and not breaking the hug. 

 

Seulgi is now walking to the table to put her dish on it.

 

“Yah! Why are you so clingy now?, you’re like a koala right now” Seulgi said as she turned her body towards me.

 

“Hmm, just wan’t to hug my girlfriend, why you don’t like it?” I asked her while I’m still hugging her.


“Hehehe, I’ll be lying if I said that I don’t like it”.  She said as she broke the hug and pinches my nose.

 

“Let’s eat first , the food will get cold” Suelgi said as she kisses my forehead.

 


“Baby, I need to go to the bathroom!” Seulgi said as she rushes to the bathroom while holding her stomach


“A-are you okay?” I ask her but she just continued to run to the bathroom.


I waited for her but then, the lights died down. I was surprised because it became dark all of a sudden. But then, after a couple of minutes.


“Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Dear Irene, Happy birthday to you~” Seulgi said as she walks in with a cake that is lighten with the candle on top and she is holding it in her hands. 


A tears had escaped my eyes as I saw her walking towards me. 

I don’t know why  a tear had escaped my eyes. Probably I’m just thankful that even though we are alone in this resort she even greeted me. I mean sure my friends aand my co-workers also greeted me through a call and messages. Even Yeri and Joy had greeted me. But I didn’t really expected Seulgi to make this surprise to me.


I closed my eyes as I saw Seulgi’s face which is waiting for me to make my wish.


I opened my eyes as blew the candle after I made my wish.


My wish was kinda simple.

 

To forget my feelings towards Wendy and to focus on my relationship with Seulgi. 
And if it didn’t happen, the other wish is to have the courage to break up with Seulgi without hurting her and to be with Wendy and she will return her feelings towards me in the past 5 years ago.


But the second wish is quite impossible, so I’m hoping, that my feelings towards Wendy will be erased. Because I am being unfair towards Seulgi.


I looked at Seulgi and she puts the cake on the table and switched on the lights back.


I smiled at her as she hugs me and whispered something in my ear.


“Happy birthday Baby, I love you so much” She said as she kisses my cheeks. 


I hugged her back and said the words that I never expected.


“Thank you Seul, I love you too” 


Seulgi broke the hug and her hands stretched towards the cake and puts in on my nose to put the icing in it. After she put it, she ran away and I reached for the cake and run to approach her. 

 

We played like a kid in the resort’s house and I enjoyed it. 


But what break us from what we are doing is when someone had knocked in the door.

Our faces are full of icing of the cake but Seulgi just decided to open the door.


As Seulgi opened the door, Eric is reveaped with his smiling face.

“Am I enterupting something?” Eric said as she was shocked at our faces.


“N-no, You’re not” Seulgi and I both said in unison.


“Eric just smiled and gave us a box” 

“What is this?” I ask as I received the box.


“Well…” Eric said as she scratches his head.

“Wendy baked that as a present for you, before she leave” Eric said shyly 


“What?” I said because I was really surprised at what I have heard.


“Well, Chanyeol asked her if they could go back to Canada earlier, and she said she can go since we are also leaving for tomorrow”  Eric said while looking so apologetic.

“Ah! Then we can go early if you like” Seulgi said as she looked at me.


“Okay then, I will pick you two up here at 4 am” Eric said and smiled at Seulgi.


Seulgi just nodded.


“Wait, Before you go, you can have some food” Seulgi said as she  ran to the kitchen and get some plate and put some food in it.


“Thanks, Happy birthday Joohyun” Eric said as he received the food and bid goodbye to us.


So Seungwan left already.


Yeah, Since she is with her boyfriend. She must want to be with him. 

 

I brushed the thought off and walked back to the kitchen as Seulgi took the knife and sliced the cake which Wendy baked. 


After she finished it, She used her fork to get some on the cake and put it on .

 

“It’s good! I didn’t know Wendy is good at baking” Seulgi said as she continued eating.


“I get some fork and get some cake too. I put it on my mouth and Seulgi was right”


Wendy is really good at baking.


The cake is so sweet, just like Wendy.


Suddenly I know that I miss Wendy all of a sudden.

 


……..


We’re now on the plane to Canada, and Seulgi was beside me and she is sleeping. I’m leaning my head towards her shoulder while I’m listening to Wendy’s song from the past years. 


I closes my eyes as I chose to break the thought of Wendy. 


Because I know that If I did think of her, I might not stop thinkung about her.


Because I miss her.


I miss her like crazy.

 

……..

 


“Irene, wake up” I heard as I felt that my shoulders are being shaken and I opned my eyes to saw Seulgi waking me up.


“We’re here” Eric said and smiled.

 

I stood up as I regained consiousness .


Eric led the way towards the airport and Seulgi held my hand as we get back down. 

 

As we walked towards the airport. 


I saw Wendy holding hands with the tall guy who I assumed is her boyfriend.


As we arrived at her side, I held Seulgi’s hands tighter.


“You’re here, Welcome to Canada” Wendy said while she is smiling.

“It’s beautiful here” Seulgi said as she smiled at Wendy.

“I know right, hahaha” Eric interupted and laughed out loud.


“It’s good to be back, Ah!” Eric said and looked at me as he remembered something.


“By the way, The filming will start tomorrow, we will pick you up at 9 am” Eric said and pointed towards Seulgi and me.


I just smiled and nodded at him.


“Then, let’s go to the hotel, You guys must be tired” Wendy said as she is still wearing the same smile.


Does having your boyfriend around you makes you that happy Seungwan?

 

“Let’s go then!” Eric said and pats Seulgi’s back.


“Okay” Seulgi said and smiled at Eric as we follow Wendy and his boyfriend towards the car parking.

 

………….


This drive feels really awkward, Wendy is sitting in front while his boyfriend, Chanyeol is driving the car. And they are holding each others hands. 


Me, Eric and Seulgi are together in the next seat. 

 

Seulgi fell asleep and she is leaning her head towards my shoulders now. 

 

Since it was kinda boring, I saw Wendy the radio.


And I heard a familiar song which is being played.

 

It was the song she sang 5 years ago when she confessed to me. But it’s not her voice.

 

“Eric, Who is the singer of that sing?” I asked Eric

“Ah! That? It was sang by Tiffany?. The lyrics was composed by Wendy, did you know?” Eric asked.


I nodded my head as I remembered the moment she confessed to me.


“Once in a lifetime right?” I asked Eric


“Woah! How did you knew the title?” Eric asked with his eyes In shocked.


I just smiled and continued to listen at the song.

 

 

……….

 

We arrived at the hotel and Wendy’s room just a room away, qnd Eric’s room was in front of our room.

 

We arrived 8 in the evening because we also went to some fast food restaurant to have our dinner.


Wendy’s boyfriend is really caring. Feeding Wendy all the time. 

I kinda envy them.


Because I wish that I am the one who is taking care of Wendy.

 

Seulgi is now sleeping, I can tell she is really tired, she is sleeping all day. and I can’t sleep yet. As usual we are cuddling each other as we are sleeping.

I closed my eyes and waited for myself to fell asleep.


I’m happy to see Wendy while she is working, but at the same time I’m scared. 


Scared to see Wendy with his boyfriend and scared to get hurt by my own bestfriend.

Before I knew it, I fell asleep. To get some rest and to get ready for the filming. 

 

 

 

 

-------------------

TBC

 

.... 

Goodnight guys. Hope you enjoy this double update today. Love you all ^.^ .thank you for staying with me until this cahpter. You're the best guys ^.^