CHAPTER 17: I CANT SAY I MISS YOU, NOR I LOVE YOU

It's You

IRENE’s POV

 


Eric and Wendy asked us to eat with them, and Seulgi said yes. And I want to say yes also, besides I can see Wendy again. We are now having lunch in front of the resort. I was sitting beside Seulgi and Wendy is in front of me with Eric in his side.

 

 

“So, Seulgi-Sshi? Can I ask what do you do?”  Wendy asked as we are eating.

 

 

“I’m a former future CEO of Kang’s Company in Japan, but I don’t want to take the responsibility especially being in an arranged marriage so I made my decision to leave that family. And now, I work as a secretary of in J.M.K. Company”.  Seulgi answered politely.

 

 

“Wow, You’re quite brave” Eric said as he stop eating as he heard what Seulgi just said

 

 

“I agree” Wendy said as she nodded. 

 

 

“So, uhm, What do you do now Unnie?” Wendy asked as we are eating.

 

 

“Yah! Seungwan! Don’t act like you don’t know. You do know that she is a famous model here in Korea. You don’t want to go here, remember? But when you saw her picture you imme” Eric said but was his mouth was then covered by Seungwan with his arms wrapped around his neck and Seungwan just faked a smile.

 

 

I looked at Eric and Seungwan seems like she is choking him. 

 

I giggled at their interaction.

 

And Seulgi seems to observe them too, curiousity is evident in her eyes.

 

This is not good.

 

“Ah! You immediately went here because you want to see me right? Because you didn’t seen your bestfriend for five years right?” I ask and I succeed in taking Seulgi’s attention.

 

 

“Y-yeah, well, it’s more like I’m here to discuss something to you” Wendy said as she turn her gaze in me and lets go of Eric’s neck.

 

“Well, we have something to discuss. About your work”

 

 

“What about her work?” Seulgi asked as she is continuosly eating

 

 

“Well, You see, Eric’s new music video will be taped in Canada, but the problem is, the girl in his music video is not a canadian girl. The girl needs to be a korean and you (Wendy points at me) fit perfectly for the job”.

 

 

“You’ll be in the shooting, right Wendy?” I asked as I was willing to accept it as long as Wendy is there.

 

 

“Uhm, I do—” Wendy said but was cut off by eric

 

 

“Of course she’ll be there, she directs all my music video’s” 

 

 

That’s a relief

 

 

“Then I’ll do it” I said and Seulgi stopped eating her food as she heard my decision.

 

 

Maybe I’m too obvious right? 

 

You’re stupid, Joohyun!

 

Now they will think that you accepted the job because Wendy is there.

 


“What?. You’re going to Canada?” Seulgi asked and stopped eating. 

 

 

I can’t say anything . My mind went blank.

 

 

“You don’t need to worry about that, Seulgi-Sshi, You can come with her as you like” Wendy said with a smile.

 

 


So you’re like this Wendy.

 

 

Why can’t you read my mind like you do when we we’re younger.

 

 

“Then I’m in” Seulgi said as she nodded and smiled at Wendy.

 

 

 

WENDY’s POV

 

“So, Seulgi-Sshi? Can I ask what do you do?”  I asked to broke the atmosphere

 

 

“I’m a former future CEO of Kang’s Company in Japan, but I don’t want to take the responsibility especially being in an arranged marriage so I made my decision to leave that family. And now, I work as a secretary of in J.M.K. Company”. 

 

 

As I heard what she said, I felt a pang in my chest.

 

Because I remember, 

 

I remember that Irene wants to marry someone who can give up whatever that person has just to escape from the responsibility that is keeping that person away from happiness.

 


“Wow, You’re quite brave” Eric said

 

 

You’re right Eric, She’s brave.

 

 


“I agree” I said and just nodded my head.

 


I want to look at you Irene, for the whole time we are eating, but I can’t do that because I might loose control of myself and held your hand

 


Break the silent atmosphere then Wendy,

 

 


“So, uhm, What do you do now Unnie?” I asked while I’m paying attention on my food.

 

 


“Yah! Seungwan! Don’t act like you don’t know. You do know that she is a famous model here in Korea….”

 

 

This is not good… Eric stop!

 

 

“You don’t want to go here, remember? But when you saw her picture you imme--” 

 

 

I quickly shoved him off as I placed my hand on his mouth. 

 

 

You’re too talkative Eric.

 

 

I wrapped my arms around him and starts to choke him while I’m smiling at Seulgi and Irene to hide what I’m doing.

 

 

 


“Ah! You immediately went here because you want to see me right? Because you didn’t seen your bestfriend for five years right?” Irene asked and I just raised my brows because of what she said.

 

 

Yes It’s right, but I can’t say that I miss you. 

 

 

Nor the words I love you.

 

 

 

“Y-yeah, well, it’s more like I’m here to discuss something to you” 

 

 

I looked at the couple and finally lets go of Eric’s neck

 

 

“Well, we have something to discuss. About your work”

 

 

“What about her work?” Seulgi asked

 

 

“Well, You see, Eric’s new music video will be taped in Canada, but the problem is, the girl in his music video is not a canadian girl. The girl needs to be a korean and you (I points at Irene) fit perfectly for the job”. I said as I’m hoping that Irene will take the job.

 


“You’ll be in the shooting, right Wendy?”

 

 

As I heard Irene say those words, I can’t control myself from overthinking.

 

Are you considering me as a reason Irene?

 

Am I the reason?


But you can’t disturb Irene and Seulgi Wendy, tell them

 

“Uhm, I do—” 

 

“Of course she’ll be there, she directs all my music video’s” Eric cuts what I have to say, what now Eric?!

 


“Then I’ll do it” We all looked at Irene who just made her decision.

 

 


I am


I’m the reason?

 


No, don’t assume it Wendy!

 

 

 

“What?. You’re going to Canada?” Seulgi asked and stopped eating. 

 

 


Oh right, she still doesn’t know that she can come too.

 

 

“You don’t need to worry about that, Seulgi-Sshi, You can come with her as you like” I said as I smiled.

 

 


But it was all fake.

 

 

Cause deep inside,

 


I’m hurt, 

 

 


My heart is telling me that it’s only Irene I want to be with.

 

 

 

“Then I’m in” Seulgi said as she nodded and smiled me.

 

 

 

Goodluck Wendy, 

 

 

 

Goodluck in hiding your pain.

 

 

 

 

Let’s see how you can endure the pain.

 

 

 

 

---------------------------

TBC...

 

Goodnight guys. I think i'm dying. Argh! I hate hospital. Anyways, comment guys so that I will feel a little motivated in writing this.... have a great day. GOODNYT ^.^