CHAPTER 03: Starting afresh

It's You

CHAPTER 3

Starting Afresh

 

 


WENDY’S POV

 

Mrs. Bae and I waited outside the room where Joohyun Unnie is being operated.
I saw Mrs. Bae praying in Joohyun’s condition. She’s not crying but I know that behind those closed eyes are the eyes full of worries.
I looked down feeling guilty. 
I saw the string in their house but I didn’t remove it, instead I just avoided it. It’s my fault that Joohyun Unnie got tripped.
I sighed and then few minutes later I saw mrs. Bae smiled after she finished praying.
She patted my  back and gave me a reassuring smile.


“She will be fine, I know it”
I nodded my head and starts to think the positive way.


“now, I know you are hungry, Wendy it’s already (mrs. Bae looked at her wrist watch) 3:12, I’ll get the kimchi fried rice and I will get you a new clothes and a cool tissue to get rid of that sticky milk out of your clothes”


“Mrs. Bae?”


Mrs. Bae looked at me after she stand up from hre chair


“Why are you still kind to me, even though it’s my fault”

Mrs. Bae shook her head 


“No dear, It’s not your fault. Did you plan to trip her?”
I shook my head slowly


“But I saw the string and didn’t even removed it nor inform Joohyun Unnie to be careful. It’s al---“

“Shh. No more words okay. You can come in the room after the operation is over. I’ll be quick and I’ll tell your dad what happened earlier so that he won’t be worried okay.”

I nodded my head.

 

“thank you Mrs. Bae”

“Call Me. Aunt, Wendy”

“Thank you, Aunt” I said shyly.

“You’re welcome, Wendy”
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

After Aunt leave I waited few minutes and after that, I saw the door opened, revealing the smliling doctor.


“She’s fine now. You can go inside you can wait for her to wake up”

I stood up and nodded my head.


“and tomorrow, you can take her home, but she needs rest. Tell your mother that okay? Take care of your sister okay” the doctor said while messing my hair while smiling.


“She’s not my sister, Doctor Kang” I said as I looked at his name tag.


“hmm? Then what is your relationship to the patient?”

I think of a perfect answer for the doctor’s question, but I can’t find a perfect answerthinking that Joohyun Unnie didn’t consider me as her friend. But after a few seconds, I heard a familiar voice coming from Joohyun Unnie’s room.


“Friend, She is my friend, Doctor”

I just looked at her confused.

“Oh, well then, take care of your friend, I’ll make my rounds later and check on your friend again okay?”
I nodded my head and the Doctor walked away
I walked onto Joohyun Unnie’s bed and the first thing to do is apologize about the accident.

“Unnie, I’m sorry”

“Why are you even saying sorry, Wendy?”

“It’s my fault, Unnie”

Joohyun Unnie just chuckled at my answer.

“Wendy-ah, It’s not your fault. Are you the one who attached the string near the sofa?”

“No” I said while shaking my head from sde to side.

“Then It’s not your fault”

“But Unnie---“

“No buts okay, if you don’t want to feel guilty, you can make up for it”

Joohyun Unnie smiled at me for the first time.
I nodded my head agreeing at what she had suggested.

“then take care of me until I get out from the hospital, and also, let’s start a fresh”. Joohyun Unnie said while looking at me and smiling.


“oh, of course, If you want I can take care of you forever”. I said and I smiled at her, then I stretched my hand for a handshake.


“I’m Seungwan, but you can call me Wendy. Pleasure to meet you”
Joohyun Unnie returned the smile at me and her non-injured hand accepted my hands for a handshake.


“Joohyun, Nice to meet you, Friend”

 

 

 

JOOHYUN’S POV


I slowly opened my eyes, I felt my left arm became dumb, and I know that this is the effect of the anesthesia. I heard voices talking near me, I turn my head to the side and I saw the doctor talking to Wendy.


“hmm? Then what is your relationship to the patient?”. I heard the doctor asked Wendy
I looked at Wendy and then I remembered promising something to my dad.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________
 

(FLASHBACK 4 YEARS AGO) AUTHOR’s POV

“Joohyun-ah, Can you promise me something?”. Her dad asked Joohyun weakly while holding his daughter’s hand.

“What is it Papa?” a 5 year old Joohyun asked her dying father while crying her tears out

“Joohyun, I want to be kind and friendly okay, I know you’re hurt because Seulgi leaved you even though you treated her like your own sister, but I want the Joohyun I know. The J-Joohyun who always l-looking after others before herself, T-the Joohyun who is friendly and bright, Can you promise me that?” The dying father asked her daughter. 
And the daughter just nodded her  head, still crying while holding her father’s hand tightly.


“good, Now, L-let your old man take a rest okay?.” 


The Father told her daughter while looking at her lovingly.


“I love you Papa”


“I love you too, Princess Irene”. The weak Man said and gave her daughter a kiss in the forehead for the last time.

 

 

END OF FLASHBACK
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 


(PRESENT TIME) 


JOOHYUN’s POV

 

Okay Joohyun, Stop avoiding the people who wants to be friends with you. Think of your Dad.
I took a deep breath and answer the Doctor’s question instead.

 


 “Friend, She is my friend, Doctor”


I said and they both looked at me.


“Oh, well then, take care of your friend, I’ll make my rounds later and check on your friend again okay?”

I saw Wendy nodded and is walking towards me.

 “Unnie, I’m sorry”


I can see her guilty eyes.


“Why are you even saying sorry, Wendy?”


“It’s my fault, Unnie”


I just chuckled at her defense.


 “Wendy-ah, It’s not your fault. Are you the one who attached the string near the sofa?”

“No” Wendy said while shaking her head

“Then It’s not your fault”

“But Unnie---“

“No buts okay, if you don’t want to feel guilty, you can make up for it”

I smiled while I think of a way to make my promise to my dad. To be friendly again.
I saw her nod at my suggestion.

 “then take care of me until I get out from the hospital, and also, let’s start a fresh”. I said and smiled at her.


“oh, of course, If you want I can take care of you forever”. She said while smiling dorkily. She stretched her hand out for me.


“I’m Seungwan, but you can call me Wendy. Pleasure to meet you”


I smiled in return and accepted her hands for a handshake.


“Joohyun, Nice to meet you, Friend”.

 

 

 

-------------TBC------------------

 

 

so this story is not well planned, I just know the ending, but while I am writing, that is when my plot become clearer. So all this chapter is just written on the spot. So bear with me if the plot is not very clear. Thank you for reading guys! How is the double update?!!! Did you like it :)