CHAPTER 20: IT'S A MISTAKE THAT I CHOSE TO BE THE KNIGHT

It's You

SUNGJAE’s POV

 

 


Ever since I’m in high school, I’m a playboy, I’ve dated girls for only days but not exceeding within a week. My longest relationship is for 4 days only. I’m a playboy but I don’t do one night stand. Just dating, for fun.

 

 

But when I met Park Sooyoung, all my habits of being a playboy had dissappared. Even hanging out with  friends in the club every night had stopped. I may be disstanced with my friends when I met Sooyoung, but it makes me proud because I can change to a good person. I never expected myself to be this way with just a girl, but it’s the new me. I hate fixed relationship before, but now? I’m loving it, and I will not do anything to break this fixed marriage. I’m the new me, The Sungjae who fell in love with my bride to be, Park Sooyoung.

 

 

 

 

 

JOY’s POV

As I opened the door from work, I heard my phone beeped twice. And I smiled as I can guess who was just texted me.

 

 

 

 

From Sungjae:


  Hey, Dinner tonight? 7? Italian resto? I’ll pick you up.

 

 

 

 

I perked up a smile as I know that if I didn’t say yes, he will persue until he gets what he wants.


But I still want to play hard to get.

 


To Sungjae:


No thanks, I have an appointment already. Dinner with Hyun Woo Oppa.

 

 

 

 

I waited for reply but he responded with just a blink of an eye.

 

 

 

From Sungjae:


But Joy, you’ve been hanging out with him for a week. I’m the one who you’re supposed to have dinner with because you’re my future wife.


I laughed as I felt giddy about what he just called me. So I texted him back.

 

 

 

To Sungjae:


I thought you hated this fixed marriage. You said you don’t want this when you knew that you’re going to get married when we turned 20.

 

 

 

 

 

He quickly responded again.

 

 

 

 

From Sungjae:

 


That was when I never met you. You know it already Joy. I love you. I’ve fallen for you when we first met at the basketball gym 5 years ago. I feel jealouswhen you’re with that Hyun Woo. And I’m running out of hope because you’re not yet answering me if we can be officialy together. 

 

 

 

 

 


I felt guilt at what he said. I mean, I can tell that he did really change. And I also fell the firat saw him. 

 

 

 


To Sungjae: 
Then ask me again if I want to be your girlfriend in the way I want. If you can know my secrets, what I want tohappen in proposal. I will agree to this marriage and not as force, but also for my self.

 

 

 

 

From Sungjae;


Got it, see you later then love. Love you.

I smiled as I cobtinue to enter the house and slump my body in the sofa. Thinking about Yuk Sungjae.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


WENDY’s POV
 

It’s freezing cold, but I still need to walk a little more to arrive on my room In the resort.


I’m shivering.

 

I’m breathing cold.


One,


Two,

 

Three,

 

 


With the last 3 steps, I rubbed my hands to create friction and put it in my cheeks.

I put the key that was in my pocket in the doorknob but to my surprise. The key didn’t twist. Indicating that the door was opened. So I grabbed the doorknob and twisted it to open. 


I felt the warm air in the inside and when I walked to the sofa, I gasp as I was surprised to see Eric slumped on the sofa as he’s earphones are plugged on his ears and singing along with the music that he is listening to. 

 

 

 


“Oh, Wendy, You’ve arrived”

 

He said as he saw me and removed his earphones and stood up.

 

“What’s up, you’re clearly tresspassing huh? You have your own room” I said as I walked to the bathroom and locked it to shower but I can still hear what he is saying.

 

“Did you just walked on the rain?” I heard eric said.

 


“Uh, no, I just toom a late night swim” I lied.


“oh, Wendy! Do you know that Seulgi and Joohyun are in the next room?” I heard him said. And hearing Unnie’s name, I frozed in my action. 

 

Then, I felt heavy in my chest as the moment I just witnessed a little while back had played in my mind.

 


It’s like my heart is being squeezed in a very violent mode. 

 

 


They are walking under the rain, sharing umbrella while holding hands. And I also witnessed that Seulgi is kissing Irene’s hands as they walk farther away from me.

 

 

 


It’s just a stupid decision Seungwan, Why didn’t I let myself date others in the past 5 years. 

 


Why does it hurt so much, Irene.

 

Was it because I assumed that you’ll still wait for me. 

 

Or was it because that I assumed that you will miss me and fall for me when I leave.

 

 


But I can’t blame anyone for this pain.

 

 


Not Irene, Not Seulgi.

 

 

 

 

But I  can blame myself because it was my fault to begin with.

 

 


Because I left Irene alone and let anyone take her away.

 

 


Our story is just like a fairytale.

 

 

I’m the knight.

 

 

Irene is the Queen.

 

 


And Seulgi is the King.

 

 

 

 

Her knight in a shining armor left her Queen and a King had come to occupy the knights spot as the King knows not only to rule a kingdom but also, how to fight enemies and protect her Queen. 

 

 

 

And as I realized, A Knight is made to protect the Queen. But a King is made to protect his kingdom and his Queen.

 

 


And it was my biggest mistake. As I chose to be her Knight.

 

 

 

Because a knight is not meant for Queen, and a Queen is made for the King.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


I can still hear Erics voice but I can’t understand anything.

 


As my tears started to fall with the water flowing from the shower.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

……………

 

 


As I finished taking a shower, 

 


I went to the kitchen and saw Eric slurping Ramen with a kimchi. 

 


I went to the kitchen, and joined Eric for the late dinner.

 

 


As we are slurping hot ramen, 

 

 

 

Eric decided to break the silence.

 

 

 

 


“Wendy-ah, I have lots of idea about the music video” Eric said


I suddenly felt a pang in my chest as I continued to hear what Eeic is saying.

 

 

“And also, I want her to be a trainee in our company because I saw your laptop once and there’s a video that she is dancing. She is pretty amazing right” 

 

 


I just nodded my head and puts my chopstick down, wiped my lips with a napkin and stood up to take some fresh air in the terace as the rain had just stopped. And also, to break the thought of Irene.

 

 


“Yah, I’ll sleep here in the sofa okay?” I heard Eric said and i just responded with a "K" as I was still walking on my way to the terace with a book in my hand.

 


I leaned on the tearace and examined the peaceful night view. and when I my right, I saw a couple backhugging and enjoying a hot choco in this night.

 

 


And it was them, it was Irene and was backhugged by Seulgi with a mug of hot coffee in top of the terace and they are watching the stars that just peeked out from the dark clouds after the rain.

 

 

 

 

I just layed on the terace and put the book in my face to cover my face being wet by the tears that are falling unconsiously. 

 

 


And I wish that there is a falling star that night.

 

 


So that I can wish that these pain and feelings will go away.

 

 

 

 

 

----------------

TBC

.............

 

 

How is this chapter? A little angsty on Wendy's POV right? . Sorru if I at writing Angst.its My first time writing that. 

 

Also sorry if this is updaated late. I dozed off and just woke up fighting my sleep as I want to update this. I'm so tired guys . I went to get a form of admission in the school where i will go to college. That school is far from here. Commutting and the traffic also went in my way. 2 and a half hours of commuting. After I got the form of admission. I went to my classmate's house because her mom had just died and i can't help but to cry when I heard how her mom suffered from cancer. Rest in peace Mrs. Jimenez :( . Take care readers. And i hope that the update is okay with you. Comment so i feel a little courage coming from my beloved readers. GodBless .