CHAPTER 14: UNEXPECTED REUNION

It's You

WENDY’s POV (2 days before Joohyun’s Accident)

 

Finally, I’m back at Daegu. I miss the air, the scent in here. And I miss Joy, I miss Yeri, and I miss her.

 

I looked at my phone ato see the time.

 

11:46 

 

Is Joohyun asleep already?.

 


I’ll contact Eric first so that he won’t panic when I am nowhere to found in here.

 


After 3 Rings, The call is answered.

 


“Hey, I’m going to my old friends house, okay” 

 

 

“Okay, I’m sleeping anyway, buy me ramen when you get back okay?” He said while sounding so sleepy.

 

 

“I’ll try if I don’t forgot okay?. I’m hanging up” 

 

 

I ended tge call and called for a taxi to ride through Bae’s house.

 

I’m nervous.


And I’m excited.

 

I’m excited to see her.

 

 

After almost 43 minutes, I payed the taxi and headed out and walked towards the familiar house. I took a deep breath before knocking into their house.

 

*Knock Knock*


The door opened and revealed Mrs. Bae who is still looking gorgeous as ever. 

 


“Omo! Seungwan!?” Mrs. Bae said as she settles her hands in my face to caress them.

 

“I smiled at Aunt who I treated as my own mother” 

 

“It’s me, Aunt. How are you?”

 

“Aigoo! Seungwan! My daughter missed you the most” Aunt said as she pats my shoulder

 

“I miss her too” I said as I looked down.

 

“Aigoo, why did you suddenly dissapeared at Joohyun’s birthday? And left for almost 5 years. Why is that?” Mrs. Bae said as she looked at me curiously.

 

“It’s a long story, aunt” I said and gave her another smile

 

“Perfect then, come inside and eat some soup”

 

Just then my stomach growls and Mrs. Bae just laughed and pulled me inside the house. As I think about it, I havent had my breakfast and lunch yet because of the flight schedule.

 

“Sit first Wendy, I get you a bowl and spoon so You can get yourself some soup in the stove okay?” Mrs. Bae ran to get a bowl and a spoon and placed it on the table in front of me. 

 

“Thanks Aunt” I said as I scooped some soup in the pot 

 


“So, Seungwan?. Why did you suddenly dissapeared at Joohyun’s birthday 5 years ago?” Aunt asked as she sat in front of me

 

I chewed the food in my mouth first aand gulp it down before I answer the question

 

“Uhm, It’s an emergency regarding my mother last time. She had cancer that time and she’s dying, she needed kidney transplant if we want to extend her life and I donated one of my kidneys, and I took care of her until she rest” I said as I looked at Aunts eyes.

 

“Then why didn’t you mesaaged or called Joohyun the past 5 years? 

 

“Uhm, about that” I said and I oped the zipper of my jacket and revealed my scared chest.

 

Aunt’s eyes got wider as she saw the scar in my chest.

 

“the night we came in Canada, we were kidnapped and the kidnapper stabbed my chest, that’s why I have this scar in here” I said as I point at my chest.

 


Aunt dropped her jaw at what she heard and puts her hand in her to cover . 

 

“I’m sorry, Wendy-ah, I didn’t know it was that serious” Aunt said as she went to pat my shoulders to comfort me.

 

“It’s okay Aunt, I don’t have any regrets in doing that to my mother” I said and I smiled at her and continued eating.

 

“By the way, you’re here to see Joohyun right?” 

 

I nodded my head as I finished my soup .

 


“She’s not here, Wendy-ah, she’s on a vacation” Aunt said as she keep the soup in the refrigerator.

 

“Where is she, Aunt?", I asked as I stand up and drank some water and head to the sink and put on the gloves to wash the dishes.

 

“I don’t know that matter Wendy, Joohyun never told me. You must ask Yeri and Joy instead” Aunt said as she sat on the chair and watched me as I wash the dishes.

 

 

“Uhm, Do you have their numbers then, Aunt?”

 

 

Aunt just nodded and gave a card after I finished washing the dishes.

 

 

I fished my phone and dialed Joy first.

 

 

“Hello, who’s this?” Joy asked

 

 

“Yah! Park Sooyoung!” I said and smiled

 

 

“Unnie? Wendy Unnie? Are you my Wendy Unnie?” Joy asked curiously

 

 

“Mmm. Let’s meet at the Bae’s house”

 

 

“Unnie! It’s Wendy Unnie?” I heard someone said in the other line.

 

 

“Joy? Is that Yeri?. Tell her to come too. I missed you both so much” 

 

 

“Okay, we’ll be there in 5” 

 

 

And she hung up the call .

 


I waited for them outside the Bae’s house and after a few minutes, In a taxi, Joy and Yeri are in front of me. 

 

I ran and hugged the both of them, suddenly , tears starts to fall from my eyes.

 

“Yah! Get off me!” Yeri commanded with her tone irritated.

 

“I said get off!” Yeri said and she forced her hand causing me to fall on the floor, revealing my scar in my chest and from the operation. 

 

“U-Unnie, where did you get these scars” Joy asked as she sat down and examined my scars with her worried eyes.

 

“Yerim-ah, Let Unnie explain okay” 

 

“U-Unnie, I didn’t mean to push you, It’s just, why did you leave me apone? Us, Joy, Me and Joohyun Unnie, why did you leave us without saying a word” Yeri said as she cant help her tears from falling.

 

“I’m sorry, Yerim ah” I said as I stand up and wiped her tears.

 

“My mom, was terminally ill 5 years ago, the cancer cells around her body had increased. But mom’s life had an extention for almost 4 years, and she needed to make kidney transplant, then I volounteered to give one of my kidneys to her. And that’s why I had this”  I said as I point at my scar in my stomach.  "Also, I didn’t call you because the night we came in Canada, we were robbed and I got this from that event” I said and I point out my scar in my chest.  

 

As Yeri heard this from my mouth, She hugged me and cried more and more, I saw Joy and she was crying also.

 

“Unnie, I missed you” Joy said while still crying.

 

“I miss you too” I said as I kiss her head. Joy also joins the hug

 

They're like my younger sister, how could I forget them?.

 

For almost minutes of crying. Yeri had finally stoped.

 

“Unnie, Do you know where Joohyun Unnie is?” Yeri asked with her still red eyes from crying.

 

“No, Do you know where she is?” I asked the both them

 

“Jeju, Accorplex resort” Joy said looking at the sky.

 

“Go unnie, I know how much you miss her, You need to go there” Yeri pleaded.

 

As I heard her words. I stood up.

 

“Thank you, guys, I’ll be back” I said and ran to the taxi who happens to pass by.

 

“Airport please” I said as I entered the taxi.

 

 

 


I suddenly woke up after I heard the taxi driver said that we have arrived. I payed the driver and headed to the airport after I fished my passport in my pocket.

 

 

 

 


It was almost 4 in the afternoon when I arrived at the resort, I’m exhausted, I’ve been traveling for two days.

 

It’s beautiful in here, the greeny place, the ocean and the wind.

I saw people playing around the ocen .

I was about to go to the rooms of the resort when I heard a familiar voice.

Irene Unnie?

I looked back and I saw a banana boat in a speedy motion and my eyes caught the girl in the end of the boat.

It’s her! I know it. 

I heard her voice as she shouts from her enjoyment.

I observed her from afar and saw her fell off the boat. 

And something had popped  in my mind.

She can’t swim.

I immediately removed my jacket , not caring if im wearing only my bra, I ran towards the direction where she fell and dived through the ocean. 

I swam deeper and I saw her drowning with her closed eyes. 
 I reached her and wraped my one arm around her body while the other one is helping my whole body to get out of the water.

I lay her to towards the shore and placed my head in her chest to hear her heartbeat. 

I checked her pulse and its weak.

I put my fingers in her nose to close them and my other hand opens . 

I inhaled and released the oxygen as I met Irene’s mouth.

Seing her unconsious, I placed my arms together in her chest and starts to pump them to let the water she had drank come out.

Come on Irene! Wake Up!


“1, 2, 1, 2” 

 

I said as I pump her chest harder.


I closed her nose again and gave her oxygen.

I pump her chest again hoping that she will be concious.


“1! 2! 1! 2! 1—”

I stopped as I saw Irene Unnie cough the water she drank and I felt relieved as she opened her eyes.

“Hyun-ah!” A tall chinky girl from my behind ran towards Irene Unnie and hugged her.

 

 

Irene Unnie must haven’t noticed me yet, because I pulled myself a little further when I felt that she became consious.

 

 

“Hyun-ah! Are you okay?” The chinky girl asked Irene worriedly

Irene just nodded and tries to sit up as the girl help her. 

 


Then the chinky girl turned her head towards me and said the words I didn’t want to hear

 

 

“Thank you for saving my girlfriend” 

 

 

I felt a pang in my chest as I heard the last word from . As if the pain from getting stabbed is back.

 

 

 

Girlfriend, 

 

 

Stupid,

 

 


I even forgot to ask Yeri and Joy if she is in a relationship.

 

 


She must be happy now.

 

 

I’m sorry Irene, I’m too late.

 

 

Just when Irene noticed that her girlfriend is talking to someone from her behind, She turned her head and her face was left in shock as she saw me. 

 

 

“Seungwan-ah?” 


Just then, Tears starts to fall from the woman I love.

 

 

----------------------------

SURPRISE!!!! DOUBLE UPDATE ... School day again tommorrow i'm not sure if i can update. Thank you for supporting. Enjoy your day ahead. Love you guys