01: Meeting You

It's You

Chapter 1

 

 


Joohyun’s POV

I was always been a homebody since I was a kid, I spent most of my time at home. Watching the stars at night while sitting on a swing on a branch of a tree , watching the sunset and sunrise , and just simply enjoying the scenery. These are mine. Until someone has come into my life and change?, not change, but simply shared memories with me during doing the things I love. And for the first time, I hoped this will last for a very long time.

 

Wendy’s POV

Ever since I was born, I have always been with my dad, not that I don’t seen my mom, but it’s just this complicated relationship between them. You see, I was just born by a mistake. Screw that night when my mom went to the bar where my dad works and everything happened in a wrong way, they’re both drunk and just that freaking hormones of them led everything by mistake. I was born in Toronto by my mother’s side but my parents decided to leave me with my dad, it was because they said that my mom got into a relationship after I got out from her womb. And that’s why I’m with my dad.

 

 

 

 

Daegu (2000)

Wendy’s POV
“Dad, I’m curious, where’s mom?”

“Wendy-dear, I know I have tell you this someday and I think that this is the right time. Wendy, you know that you’re not born here right”

I nodded my head because I am aware that I was born in Toronto.

“Your mom, is in toronto, she said that if I don’t take you here in Korea, she will abort you when you are still in her womb. And because I love you Wendy, I didn’t even had doubt to take care of you. Wendy, I know that you’re still 6 years old but, I know that you will understand the situation, even if it’s not todaybut I know when you grow up you will understand okay”

I nodded after hearing the revelation of my dad.

“now Wendy, I’ll go work now okay, Mrs. Bae will come here and take care of you, be a good girl okay”

Dad kissed my forehead and leave me there.
I switched the television while I waited for Mrs. Bae

As I was watching, I felt sleepy and a few minutes later I fell asleep.

 

27 minutes later.


I felt someone waking me up.

“Wendy! Wendy, wake up dear”. Someone said while shaking my body to wake me up

“Mrs. Bae?”

“It’s 12 already Wendy, what would you like to eat? I’ll cook it for you”

“anything is fine”

“then kimchi fried rice is okay with you?”

I nodded and after that Mrs. Bae is on her way to the kitchen to start cooking
While Mrs. Bae is cooking quietly, I silently sneaked out of our house because I feel like going out.

I walked to the left side continuously and I stopped near the tree, a girl who’s like 3 years older than me is sitting on the swing with her head  up high.

She’s pretty. Cute and pretty. Being bored as I was, I continued walking until I was getting closer to the girl who seems like zoning out.

“Hi” I interrupted her from her thought
She looked at me and I saw her lonely eyes.Hearing no response at all, I just continued to introduce myelf formally.

“I’m Wendy, We’re neighbors, I live pass the three houses on your right. I’m 6 years old. how about you”

The girl just stared at me without saying a word.

“do you wanna play?”

Looks like the girl doesn’t want to be friends with me huh?. A few seconds later, after looking at each other’s eyes, I felt raindrops slowly falling from above, I looked at the sky, and then I ran towards the girl and removed my coat and wrapped it in her head. Then she looked at me, surprised and of course, being a silent girl she was.

 

 

Joohyun’s POV

“Joohyun-ah” I’m going to go to the neighbor’s house to look after a six year old kid, you wanna come?”

“no, it’s okay, I’ll just be here in the house”

“but you’re alone then”

“Mom, I’m already nine, I can manage myself”

“I know you do darling, It’s just that I wan’t you to have friends, I wan’t you to be friends with Wendy, she’s a nice kid”

“hmm, maybe next time mom, I’m not just in the right mood to go outside”

Mom just smiled and kiss my forehead before going outside our house and closing the door, just a few seconds later, I heard the door opens and I saw mom peeking through it

“If you change your mind or need anything just come to the Son’s house okay, after 3 houses on your right”

“got it mom”
I just smiled at her reassuringly”

 


After mom leave I walked outside the house and sat at the swing my dad made before he passed away 4 years ago.

I swing slowly and look up at the sky

Dark clouds. These dark clouds are hiding the sun.
It’s going to rain soon.

Just then, a kid enterupted my thoughts and introduced herself happily.

“Hi”

“I’m Wendy, We’re neighbors, I live pass the three houses on your right. I’m 6 years old how about you”

Wendy? So it’s her. The one mom is talking about. She’s cute but I don’t  wan’t  to talk yet.

“do you wanna play?”

After I heard her said that, I felt raindrops falling in head and body.
The little girl ran to my side and wraps her coat unto my head.

“You might get sick unnie”

The girl said and smiled at me

Just then I heard a familiar voice calling Wendy and broke us from staring into one another. Its mom.

“Wendy? Is that you”

Mom said while running towards our direction and covering us from the rainfall with her umbrella.

“Wendy-ah, why did you suddenly run off without saying goodbye. You maked me worried”

“I’m sorry Mrs Bae. I just got bored a few minutes ago that’s why.”

“It’s okay, just don’d do it again okay?”
The girl nodded

“So you two have met?”

the kid raised her eyebrows in confusion

“huh?”

“Wendy, she’s my Daughter, Joohyun and she’s 3 years older than you”

Wrendy looked at me and mom repeatedly

“So, that’s why you look alike”

Mom laughed at her statement and nodded her head.

“Come on inside and take a bath, you two, you’re both wet from the rain. Joohyuns gonna share her clothes to you Wendy”

The girl nodded and we all walked inside our house.

 

 

 

______To be Continued____

 

How is it??? Comments , Subcribe, and Votes are very appreciated.