SIX

The Apprentices: Exchanged (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

PLUS ONE

They watched her leave through the window, zooming out of their sight. Guilt present in each of their hearts.

Silence engulfed them for a few minutes until Yixing started to speak breaking the silence, “It was for the safety of the people of Elyxion.. but why do I feel guilty?”

Baekhyun let out a sigh and said, “She fell into that category of people they should’ve take consideration of: Wanting to keep their powers but is innocent”, stating his opinion while petting Eri on the head.

“We should tweak a bit of the system once we’re in charge, it pained me to see her speaking about her family like that” Chanyeol muttered, fingers going to his hair in frustration.

While the others are speaking among themselves, one guy is still looking out the window drowning in his thoughts.

Kyungsoo frowned and thought on how flawed the system was even though it was for the safety of the people

A pat on the shoulder made him look up and saw Kai, “Well that didn’t go as what we planned” he said with a teasing look. Knowing that the older one is always the mastermind when it comes to planning, he knew that Kyungsoo will be annoyed.

Kyungsoo let out a groan, annoyed that his plan didn’t work out. He then turned his head towards the guy that’s taking out a coffee from its tray near him

“Chen, I thought you said she is friendly?”

The said guy grimaced, “She was in the cafe! Her presence gave a cute vibe too who would’ve thought she was tough to talk to” Chen grumbled, sipping onto the coffee that they bought.

Sehun beside him nodded in agreement, “She seems like a shy person too”

“Customers are supposed to be treated like royalties, that’s the number one rule in shops of course she would be friendly” Xiumin said, stating the obvious. Kyungsoo mentally slap him on the head for flirting with Aecha earlier. He probably made her have bad impressions on the group

Chen suddenly paused from drinking, letting out a cough spluttering coffee everywhere, “Wait.. we didn’t pay her for this” he choked out

”Sh*t these cost a lot too”, Suho frowned. As much as it’s nice to get things for free but only when it is intended to be to begin with. They won’t take it for granted, especially after what had happened.

Baekhyun let out a disgusted sound and got more disgusted when Eri leaped to the table from his lap, about to the spitted-out coffee off the table. “No!” He quickly grabbed the kitten away from the table

Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes and let out a grin suddenly, “Well I guess we have to come over and pay soon.” His stubbornness was showing and the rest of them chuckled.

Everything always goes in his way so they trust him with whatever idea he was planning in his head.

 

 

“He’s here again” Aecha’s co-worker told her, eyes pointing to the guy who was sipping on his coffee at one of the tables while staring out the window.

Aecha ignored her and continued to clean the counter where they make coffees, lips pursed into a line

“Does he have a crush on you or something? He comes here every day and only leaves when you do” She asked, bothering her again. Aecha let out a sigh and glared at the back of Kyungsoo’s head. The man doesn’t really know how to quit does he?

He has been bothering her for 4 days now, he always comes one hour before her shift ends and kept on pestering her to help them. Following her all the way to her house, thankfully only stays on the porch and doesn’t come into the house to continue.

It’s the same cycle every single day

“Just help us once and we won’t bother you anymore”

“The system was flawed, we will try to change it so that another case like yours won’t happen again”

“We have to leave soon, it will be hard for us to come across another necromancer”

Was what he said during the 3 days but she always ignored him. It is now the fourth day; the last day before they leave Satia.

“Cha, your shift is over what are you doing?” Her co-worker took the cloth that she used to wipe the counters away.

“Overtime” Aecha mumbled and was about to grab the mop to clean the already squeaky-clean floor but was stopped again.

”Again? Don’t waste your energy it won’t reflect on your bank account. You know how stingy boss is” Her co-worker rolled her eyes and Aecha frowned.

She’s right.

Almost unwillingly she trudged through the staff room to get her things, getting ready to end her shift.

When she’s done, she braced herself for another round of being pestered and followed by Do Kyungsoo as she comes out of the room and walked towards the exit of the shop after waving goodbye to her co-worker

“Are you seriously going to ignore me like this?”

It took her all of her willpower to ignore him all the way but just when they almost reach her house, he said something that stirred her heart and emotion

“We will help you find your family” He said and Aecha felt it all at once. Mixed emotions.

Aecha came into a halt, ears finally listening to what he has to say

Seeing Aecha being like that, Kyungsoo continued trying to lure her in. “We will be going to all continents before reaching Aurelia, we can search for them on our way-“

“That won’t work” Aecha said, her voice cracking all the way. She turned to him, finally facing him with eyes red.

“I don’t even know if they are still alive for sake! They gave me away to an orphanage in Satia, concealing my identity. I didn’t even know I’m a necromancer until my powers showed up.”

Aecha burst out, eyes closing as she took a deep breath. She had been really emotional lately ever since she met the apprentices and she’s really bothered by that fact.

Growing up with tough situations has made her put her walls up high, seldom showing emotions as she thought it will make her look vulnerable.

She just hates it how she crumbled in front of him.

She opened her eyes and stared at Kyungsoo, “I’m sorry but I can’t help you, it’s just too painful for me” Her voice became quieter as she speaks.

Kyungsoo couldn’t help but stare at her, no words coming out of his lips. The sky became darker above them, he looked down to the ground in defeat. Aecha used that as her cue to leave.

Giving Kyungsoo a last look she turned around to walk away, entering the path on her left that she always takes to get to her house.

Suddenly a girl came out of the path, head looking on the opposite of them. She laid her gaze on Aecha with disinterest but as soon as she found her eyes on Kyungsoo her facial expression changed d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter