EIGHTEEN

The Apprentices: Exchanged (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TRIP TO THE MYSTERIOUS CONTINENT

 

Baekhyun quickly ran to the nearest tree before dropping to the ground as soon as they land safely from Chanyeol’s teleportation hole.

Chen on the other hand is currently sitting on the ground with both of his hands on his head; suffering a headache. “Is it just me of the world is spinning right now?” He groaned and lifted his head up, only one eye opened.

The people who went before him is no different, they are either puking, holding their head or turned green trying to stop gagging.

The culprit rubbed the back of his head and gave them a sheepish smile, “That bad?” Chanyeol asked them and almost everyone yelled ‘yes’ at him

He quickly gathered his hands together and hung his head low, feeling apologetic and he looks like a kid who has been scolded. “It’s my first time teleporting too many people, I’m only used to teleporting myself and a plus one” he mumbled, trying to defend himself. They should be grateful that he at least teleported them safely, there's possibility that he could've left them in the hole by accident since it's his first time.

And ofcourse, Chanyeol won't tell them that or he'll be killed on the spot for taking a huge risk.

Suho cleared his throat, patting his own chest to prevent himself from gagging again before speaking. His face is red, he lifted his finger up to point at Chanyeol “You need to work on that” he told him and Chanyeol quickly nodded

But the rest disagrees quickly, telling him that they don’t want to be practiced on when the time comes.

Getting himself together, Suho straightens himself up and quickly scans the area that Chanyeol had teleported them to. The path seems familiar to his relief but it is still a 10 minutes’ walk to the place where the rest of their allies are waiting for them with the vehicles.

He then turned to stare at the others, there are still a few of the people who's still nauseous; even Eri was lying on the ground. They don't have much time to waste because the red force might be searching for them as he speaks

"The ones who are feeling fine, please help the ones who are not. We need to start walking"

The last two groups were the only ones who needs help as they were too dizzy to walk straight. Even Chen couldn't heal himself as he's also in a state where he couldn't even see properly.

Kyungsoo is, ofcourse seek help from Aecha-- even though he's not that dizzy anymore. Xiumin was the first to offer him his hand but he rejected, saying that he's alright but not long after that, Aecha offered him help too.

He finds himself with his arm around her shoulder, her arms around his waist to support him while walking.

Xiumin snickered from behind and Kyungsoo turned his head around, giving him a look so that the oldest won't say anything.

They reached their destination in more than 10 minutes and they could see a bunch of wild animals, crystal walls and lethal plants guarding the place. Yina furrowed her eyebrows and turned to her twin, "Are my friends here?" She asked and Inna nodded, "They insisted to help eventhough we asked them not to"

Instantly, Yina's face brightened and she ran towards the defence that their allies have put up like it was nothing whereas the group of 11 stopped after seeing the defence-- thinking on how to cross it. Xiumin was about call them to notify their arrival but then they saw the defences parted their ways for Yina and she disappeared as the defence closed.

They looked at each other, sharing the same thoughts and doubts but they shrugged it off. If Yina can enter the area without being harmed then it will be the same for them.

As soon as they entered, they could hear happy shouts and laughter; Yina in the middle of her circle of friends as they expressed how worried they were. Inna on the other hand quickly ran over to her parents, who were standing near Yina's squad and they both welcomed their daughter happily.

"You were gone for more than the time we expected, we were so worried", Mrs. Kang said with tears in her eyes as she hugged her daughter. Mr. Kang patted her head before shifting his attention to the apprentices.

”Thank you for bringing them back” he expressed his gratitude with full sincerity before bowing to them and the apprentices all went awkward, returning the bow but lower.

A peacekeeper hurriedly run to them, sounds of keys resonating as he comes closer.

”There’s two vehicles each, 4 people in one car” Heechul quickly told them, handing the three keys before adding “your things are all inside, some of us will he following closely behind just incase”

”In the same car?” Kai asked and Heechul answered by shaking his head. “Different cars”

“That would attract too much attention if we add your cars too, we’ll all take just one van. There’s only 10 of us anyways, I’m sure we can squeeze in for just a 15 mins drive” Sehun pointed out because there will be 5 cars in total.

2 mini vans with two big, black cars guarding them at the front and back? It already screams for attention.

”Twelve” Mr. Kang interrupted and the group stared at him in confusion.

”Pardon me sir?” Chen asked, his eyes wandering to recount the people in the team. There’s only 10 of them including Aecha.

Mr. Kang then shared a look with his wife, his expression already giving out the answer. It is full of sorrow and worry, even the twins have already guessed. Both of their daughters’ let out sounds of disagreement

”Take our daughters with you, they won’t be safe here anymore”

”No!” Yina shouted, breaking away from her circle of friends before taking her father’s hands in hers. “I just returned, now you’re sending me away?” She said, her glossy eyes widening.

“It’s for the best darling, they captured you once and they will again if you stay. We don’t want to risk it” Mrs. Kang said, her voice wavering as she caresses both of their daughters’ cheeks.

Inna stayed silent, tears already glistening in her eyes. Their parents are right about that but what about them? Who’s going to protect them if they’re gone?

As if knowing what she was thinking, their father let out a chuckle— although pain is evident in it, “Now don’t worry about us. The peacekeepers are here to protect us 24/7 now that they’re back. Besides, we are no use for the enemies. They won’t hurt us, it’s you that they want so you have to save yourself. Go with them, you can’t waste any more time”

Before the twins can even decline, Mr. Kang turned to Xiumin, “Take care of them, I beg you. Return with victory and safetly bring them back but no funny business with Yina” He warned and Xiumin nodded, giving him a smile.

”We’ve packed extra stuffs for all of you, Deldara has extreme weathers on each side and we are not sure on which side you’ll travel so we’ve packed both” Mr. Kang informed them and they quickly thanked him.

Giving final hugs to both of their daughters, with heavy hearts they sent them off. Yina is actually half-dragged to the car by her own twin because she can’t seem to leave.

Who wouldn’t, everyone would do the same if they’re in her situation. The girl just came back from getting kidnapped and now she’s going away again.

”We’ll be alright Yina, they will be alright too. We have to go now, they’re waiting” Inna reassures her, eventhough her tone is not convincing as she is holding back her tears.

But she has to be the sane one between the two of them currently, both of them can’t afford to have a mental breakdown at the same time.

Sehun opened the car door for them, feeling bad that they have to take the twins away without their consent eventhough it’s their parent’s orders.

Without a word, the twins entered and quietly cried as they sit next to each other in the back-window seat, waving at their parents until they can’t see them anymore.

“They’re going to be alright.. right Inna?”

“They will”

Inna answered once again, but this time with full of confidence to convince herself as well.

 

 

In the other car, Chen is driving and Suho is beside him. The leader has his phone pressed against his right ear as he waits for Donghae to pick up.

They will be arriving at the docks in 5 minutes and the guy on the other line is still not picking up. It is strange and unsettling as he always picks up right after just a few rings.

”Slow down the car Chen”, Suho told the driver and Chen’s eyes went to stare the rear mirror, frowning as he hesitated to step on the brake pedal. “I can’t, there’s other cars behind me”

They are currently at a road that only has two lanes that are opposing to each other and if he slows down, it will definitely irritate the others behind him.

“Then stop at the side for a while, he’s not picking up”

Chen immediately activated the left signal and stopped, the rest of the cars that belongs to their side follows.

The sound of small beeps suddenly filled the car as one by one, they were called by people from other cars through the small device.

”Why the sudden stop?”

”Is there something wrong?”

Similar questions like those were asked and Suho answered them in one go.

“Donghae is not picking up, I’m still trying to call him— oh! He picked up.. hello?” Suho quickly turned the other device off to pay attention to his phone.

“Put it on loudspeaker” Xiumin told him and he did.

”Don’t come here! The docks are filled with the red force coming from Aurelia, most of them heard that you are in Odana and they’re planning to track and search for you”

Chanyeol, who previously dozed off due to exhaustion woke up just in time to hear the news. He groaned and silently prays that he won’t be using his powers again.

Aecha leaned back on her seat, already plotting a plan on how to distract the red force if they were to still escape with the ship through the docks. Kyungsoo beside her seems to read her mind and he shook his head at her, telling her that it will wear her out.

Yixing sighed out loud in frustration, their next plan is to go to Deldara by ship. How else are they going to go there without it? He then looked at his right where Chanyeol is sitting and saw the giant has his head in his hands.

Teleportation is immediately cancelled.

“I’m already leaving towards Deldara to avoid them inspecting the ship-“

Suho bit back from cursing and tried to ask calmly, he didn’t want to sound rude while he’s talking to an older guy eventhough he really wants to say a few strings of obscenities.

”You left already?” He asked and was about to ask how the hell are they supposed to go to Deldara without a ship, but he is interrupt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter