FIVE

The Apprentices: Exchanged (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HELP

 

Aecha

The coffees on my left hand dropped from my grip while I’m being pushed forward into the house, even though gently but it still made me feel terrified. Who wouldn’t? The fact that there could be the absence of females in the house made it worst.

“Woah there”, Do Kyungsoo exclaimed when the coffees that I was holding fell out of my grip but thankfully, he has a fast reflex and is fast enough to catch it before it drops to the floor.

He catches it with his left hand and it still landed steadily in his grip.

However, that made the position we’re in really awkward as he still has one hand on my shoulder, the other one supporting the coffees. Too close for my liking in fact, with his chest touching my left arm.

The distance between us made me flustered but before any of them could see my red face, I took that opportunity to step on his feet using my heel-- hard.

“Ouch!” He exclaimed and stepped away instantly. “What was that for?” He asked with big eyes, face showing clearly that he’s pain. I gave him a blank face, masking my flustered state and lifted my head up to see the reactions of the rest.

With all that commotion going on, I could see more guys peeked through the front door. Some even walked towards to come out of the house.

‘9 cups- should’ve known’ I cursed in my mind. Suddenly, adrenaline rushed through my veins. No one is holding me currently…

Automatically, I find myself running away towards the delivery scooter. God damn it why do they have such a long pathway, I cursed in my head. I gave all my might to run towards the scooter, trying hard not to trip in the process

“Crap- quick grab her!” I heard someone shouted out through the door. Adrenaline still rushing through my veins, the distance between me and the scooter gets narrower. Just a bit more, I thought.

I managed to grab the scooter’s handle as I reached it but just when I’m about to mount the scooter, someone held my waist from the back. I flinched and scowled, the audacity!

“How dare you touch me- let me go!” I tried to elbow the person behind me, furious that he dared to invade my personal bubble but there was no collision. I was hitting the air.

I frowned and looked back and there was indeed no one-- except for vines and flowers on the pathway. Are those always there?

I looked down in confusion and saw vines around my waist, fortunately not hands. A part of me is relieved that no one intruded my personal space but that still didn’t stop me from being nervous. What do they want from me?

“What the hell” I mumbled angrily, trying to pull the vines away from her body but it won’t budge. I kept on trying but failed. I’m doomed, I thought to myself as I heard footsteps getting louder behind me

“Sorry about that” Kyungsoo said from the back and I glared at him when I turned my head to the back.

“What are you? A chlorokinesis? Take back these stupid vines, I want nothing to do with you!” I managed to spit out and tried to release myself again but to no avail. I groaned in pain when it suddenly got tighter.

Kyungsoo sighed and turned away, “Chen please control your plants, our neighbours might see this” He half-shouted and I rolled my eyes mentally. Yeah okay with a voice as big as that? Sure, they won’t

“I’m sorry but.. I don’t think I can.” The guy named Chen shouted back and I squeaked as the vines became tighter each second, “You guys can’t be serious! Instead of worrying about that how about-“

I got cut off when the thick vine squeezed me again, letting go all of the air I got in my lungs.

“That hurts!” I shouted, voice barely coming out. I swear I do want a thin waistline but this is not how I want to achieve it.

“Chen!”

“Oh sh*t! She’s turning purple”

“Hold on let me-“ Kyungsoo tried to give me a hand but I pushed his hands away, “Don’t touch me!”.

“Suho? Anyone help her!”

“ no I might burn her alive!” The guy called Suho replied to him in panic, the rest of the guys started to run over towards where we were standing

“Hurry I can’t.. breathe”, I said breathlessly. I could see black spots forming in my vision, probably due to the lack of oxygen

“Sehun!“ Kyungsoo called another guy out, now shouting in full volume.

“On it!”

And just in a few seconds after he answered the plant froze and shattered, letting me go in the process. I collapsed to the ground, trying to catch my breath while clutching my waist.

This is definitely worse than period cramps.

“Hey are you.. okay?” Kyungsoo squatted down to check on me and I let out a chuckle in disbelief. “Do I look like I am ok?”

Kyungsoo flinched at my tone and stood up on his feet. I thought he’ll finally leave me alone but then he grabbed my right arm gently.

“Let’s get you in first” He then pulled me up and threw my arm on his shoulders but I quickly retracted and said, “I can walk, my legs are fine thank you but no thanks” I said bitterly, rubbing the sides of my waist. That really hurts.

“What’s with you and trying to get me into the house?” I asked, not taking any steps forward and was about to accuse them of being erts but then Kyungsoo interrupted me by saying quietly, coming in closer. “Unless you want people to know why a necromancer is lurking around this neighbourhood, I suggest that we speak about it in private”

I paused for a while and looked up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter