THIRTY TWO

The Apprentices: Exchanged (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THE AFTERMATH

 

Everything happened so fast when the red force ambushed them unexpectedly again; they should've expected it because of the amount of times they fell for it but then again, who would've known that they recently recruited a guy with the power of invisibility?

Early in the morning when they were just about to wake up, dazed with nest hair and all that; their ship began tilting with a huge bang.

The next thing they know is that they're fighting against them even though they have just woken up.

Chen gritted his teeth as he finds himself trapped between the railings and Key; their swords meeting in between as Chen leans backwards, almost falling off the ship.

Luck was on his side when the ship dangerously tilts to the opposite side and Key starts to fall backwards; Chen quickly ran forward and tries summoning his power.

But nothing came out.

", are they no plants here?!", Chen shouted to the others as if they'll answer because everyone is occupied. That moment of distraction, Key regained his composure and starts to duplicate himself.

He lets out another string of obscenities out of his mouth, cracking his neck side to side. "This is definitely not my morning", he hissed before pushing the sword's button to safe mode. Even though he's pissed but he's in his right mind to not actually kill him.

Someone else catches what he said nearby and she scoffed, "Not your morning, hello? All of our mornings are ruined, you're not the only one who woke up just to find a sword below my neck!", Yina shouted as she shoots bullets out of her twin pistols at Irene.

The girl simply blocked everything using metal shields as she advances forward to Baekhyun with her dagger.

Yina's eyebrows furrowed as she tries to find a way to get to her, scanning all over the ship until she saw Aecha fighting Yeri just behind Irene.

She spots Aecha's stick and remembered something, that thing is strong and could basically reflect everything so a thought came to her head.

When the time seems right (Yeri fell to the floor because Aecha hit her legs with the stick), she yelled, "Aecha, reflect to your nine o'clock"

Aecha turned her head to her with wide eyes, "What?"

Without further explanation, Yina pointed her pistol to her direction; ready to fire the bullet and Aecha quickly scans who's on her 9 o'clock-- Irene's back legs that is unprotected by her shields while she's fully covered from the front.

Aecha gave Yina a nod, "Fire!"

The bullet went straight to Aecha in which she hits it precisely with her stick, changing its direction successfully.

Just when they thought its one down, the bullet disappeared and a shout came from the other side.

"Who shot my legs?!"

The two girls turn their head to Chanyeol in confusion, the giant kneeling on the ground on the bridge as he tries to prevent Taeyong's attack from the ground.

How did the bullet get there instead?

It was then they realised that Taeyong is a geo-leaper; someone who can divert direction of things or someone. He must've realised earlier what the girls are up to and used that opportunity to attack Chanyeol who was winning earlier.

Once again, the ship tilted dangerously to the other side and a few of them-- from both sides find themselves hanging onto things so that they won't fall off.

If it wasn't for Xiumin and Yixing balancing the ship with water and wind, the ship might've collapsed by now.

A few metres away, Joo observe what is happening from the other ship; the one that is not used to collide with the apprentices' ship and is currently in invisible mode.

Joo quickly made her way to Wendy who is on the bridge, watching as the scene unfold as well.

"I think it’s time to take their powers away since they're all distracted; leave the girls first since we're still not sure who has 3 of the powers and also the wind and water bender. Take theirs when it's time to make them taste the sea, don't waste too much energy and skip the ones without the powers we're after", Joo ordered and then quickly climbed down the bridge to approach the other members who are on the safe ship with her.

"Get ready to save our members when they plunge into the sea..", she trails off hesitantly as she stares at the other two ships with heavy heart. She's really hoping most of them can be saved when the next plan happens

"Save as much as you can but remember, priorities are the princess and the power orbs. I'm going in, wait for my cue!", with that Joo ran off and jumped to the apprentices' ship; losing her invisibility once she left the ship she was at.

She landed with a thud; just in front of Suho, startling him in the process but he quickly whips out his weapon and pointed at her. "Where did you come from?", he asked with a frown

Joo shrugged her shoulders and coolly pushed his sword away on the flat part with one finger. She gave him a mocking smile and said, "Don't get distracted now"

She pushed her right hand which is holding her dagger to his stomach but he quickly grabbed her hand and twists it; Joo didn't flinch even a bit as she quickly lift her left leg, hooking onto his right leg to make him fall to the ground.

Once he hit the floor, she goes again with her attempt to stab him but suddenly her dagger felt extremely hot; it's radiating high level of heat until it turned red.

Even though she's holding it by the hilt, she could feel the burn and she quickly toss it to the ground in shock.

"I'll take that", he lifts it from the ground and puts it into his pocket like it's no big deal (his pants however start to burn and she could see holes from where he kept her dagger at)

Joo's heart drop, he can't have the thing that's been passed down to her kinds for ages!

She was about to launch at him again when suddenly a voice began shouting from the end of the ship, "Guys, my powers-"

"Not now Chen!", Baekhyun shouted back as he's blasting light onto his rival's direction.

"No but-"

"There's no god damn plants here just use your weapon!", Kyungsoo replied harshly from the other corner as he tries to summon thunder. He had enough of the metals being thrown at him, it's time to attack back because it's getting on his nerve.

He raises his hand to the sky to summon it but nothing happened. Kyungsoo frowned and looked up, the sky is still clear as ever with no trace of storm.

"What?"

Taking advantage of his confusion, a metal shield came in contact with his body as he flung backward; colliding with the cabin's door.

Sehun flinched when he heard the huge crash as he's nearby and his eyes widened when he realised that Kyungsoo's collision made the door broke.

He quickly realised that something feels wrong. His attention shifts back and forth to the members; realising their confusion because they can't summon their powers anymore.

It's happening again, they're taking away their powers. His eyes then scan the ship next to theirs; the one that is continuously trying to wrecked theirs, there's only one person on that ship while the rest has boarded theirs to fight.

'Someone is missing, where's the girl who's our powers out?', he asked himself

Another sudden thought came to his mind amidst the chaos. It doesn't make sense that they're wrecking both ships, are they trying to kill everyone?

He backed away and quickly touch the nearest thing within his reach; secretly trying to see whether he still have his power. As soon as he touches the wall, the spot turned cold in a split second and he mentally cheered.

Taking a huge breath, he quickly made a sudden blizzard out of nowhere and in the middle of the sea.

As he expected, he could finally make out the lines of another ship that is invisible.

Shocked by the sudden snow, Minho lost his grip on his power and everyone that is under his power turned visible; including the ship and Wendy who is currently holding familiar looking orbs.

She already has six orbs in her hands. That's another half way to go until they have everyone!

Their eyes met suddenly and Sehun finds his powers getting out as well because the blizzard stops without his consent.

A part of him is relieved that he couldn't feel anything because the last time that happened, the pain was too much that they could barely do anything.

It could be because Wendy was still no familiar with her powers back then.

A scream broke him from his thoughts and he saw Yeseul being cornered at the edge of the ship's bow.

The poor girl actually has no bullets left in her pistols and is currently backing away dangerously and near the edge. In front of her is Mark who has a frown on his face

"I can't figure you out actually, do you have the tree's power or not?", he asks her and Yeseul kept shut.

She finds the tip of his weapon in front of her neck.

"There's 6 of you. I know who's a necromancer and the twin's powers, that leaves 3"

"Why are you assuming that I have the power? What if I don't?", she harshly replies even though she's close to being slit on the throat.

"Joy saw that 2 of you girls received it. Do you want to do this the easy or the hard way then?"

"You're going to kill me either way so I'll take none"

Yeseul took the last step and dived into the water without any second thoughts.

As soon as they heard a splash, Haneul glanced over the railings and shouted, "Are you crazy?!".

She knew that Yeseul could swim but have she forgotten that Xiumin is currently trying to balance the ship using the sea?

"Damn it-", she cursed and quickly finishing off the opponent she's currently fighting. She sent a strong kick to his stomach and attached a device that will keep him paralyzed for 10 mins. Once he's down, she quickly spread her wings and dived down to search for Yeseul.

She couldn't actually touch the water because if her wings get soaked, it's game over for her too hence she hovers above the rough sea surface as she scans.

"Come on Yeseul, where are you?"

She keeps searching until she could finally spot her being carried away by the waves. "Found you, hold on!"

Yeseul could barely see what's infront of her with the waves hitting her harshly but she could spot that Haneul is on her way to help her so she tries her best to keep afloat.

"Take my hand!", the faeries urge and she quickly grab it. "Can you fly?"

"What?", Yeseul ask with wide eyes and Haneul replied, "You have to! I can't carry you all the way to the ship in that state, you'll wet my wings!"

Haneul kept glancing to the back and she starts to panic when there’s a huge wave incoming

”Quick! We’ll both drown if the wave hits us!”

Yeseul immediately felt pressured. When she just got her powers, she stays floating for no reason. Where is it when she needs it?

Her heart keeps beating fast as she tries to summon it; with Haneul trying to pull her out of the sea.

Thankfully, little by little she could feel her body being lifted by her powers and soon enough, she’s out just in time.

”Great job!”, Haneul encourages with a proud smile. “Now we have to get back to the ship and help the others-“

Before they could even continue; at the same time, shouts and screams were heard from both ships. They b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter