TWENTY

The Apprentices: Exchanged (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

PUZZLE PIECES THAT FINALLY FITS

 

Sehun run his fingers through his already messed up hair as he looks at the mess unfolding in front of him.

He’s the youngest in the trio (he’s still the youngest even with the additions of their group) and yet he feels like he’s responsible to take care of everything.

With a vine that they randomly came across earlier, Sehun used it to tie Yeseul to Chanyeol to keep her from floating away.

Chanyeol on the other hand is leaning against a tree, face scrunching in pain because of his twisted ankle and broken arm.

Unfortunately, he teleported them near a small cliff and Chanyeol was the one unlucky enough to drop right into it. Yeseul could’ve drop into it as well but her new found power saved.

Sehun had to find a tree twig that is strong enough to pull him out— Chanyeol had to grab onto the twig with his other hand.

It took them hours to get him out of there and their clothes and body are now covered in mud.

“So? How long will it take for them to get here?” Chanyeol asked Sehun, his voice in its lower range as if it’s going to make him feel the pain lesser.

“A few days- Yeseul are you okay?” Sehun interrupted himself when he saw Yeseul trying to grab onto a random tree branch, flailing in the air.

Chanyeol groaned and at the same time Yeseul gave Sehun a look, “Do I look like I’m okay? I’m in the middle of the air!”

Sehun sighed and walked towards her, grabbing onto the vine to pull her down before grabbing her arm as soon as it she is within reach.

“Thank you”, she said quickly once she could feel the ground again but as soon as Sehun lets go of her arm, her body automatically floated like a helium balloon.

“Don’t-“, she squealed and quickly clings onto Sehun’s arm, “let go of me. Please, I miss the ground”

Sehun suddenly felt the urge to give up everything in life because the situation is just too ridiculous.

He’s basically going to have to take care of a human balloon and a crippled giant. How is he supposed to even find food and make shelter without leaving them?

As if knowing that the youngest looks like he’s going to have a mental breakdown, Chanyeol quickly said, “I’ll take care of her, don’t worry”

Chanyeol then pulled the vine away from Sehun and twirled it around his other arm that is not injured; to pull Yeseul closer to him— preventing her from floating.

It did work however, her feet are still hovering the ground but at least she’s not exactly up in the air.

“You’re going to take care of me? Says the injured one” Yeseul pointed out and Chanyeol shrugged his shoulder (only one side).

Sehun let out a chuckle, “She’s right. How are you supposed to take care of her if you’re injured?”

“I’m not completely injured, I can still move around”

“With a twisted ankle and a broken arm?”

“My ankle is not completely broken, it’s not like I can’t walk and thankfully it’s my left arm, my dominant hand is still working mind you— I’m not weak” Chanyeol defended himself and tries to stand up to prove himself.

With a scrunched face, he limped forward. “See?”

Sehun shook his head and asked him to sit back down, “It’ll make your ankle worst, stop putting pressure on it.”

“Then what the hell are we going to do then? If you have doubts on leaving us two here alone, we’ll starve to death!” Chanyeol exclaimed in frustration. Sehun shut his right eyes as he twitched his face upon being yelled at.

“Chen could heal me in a few days’ time when he gets here so let it get worst I don’t care. We have to somehow find food first to survive”, he continued ranting and Sehun sighed in defeat. He lifted his hands to rub the sides of his temples before giving in, “Fine, let’s do that”

Chanyeol nodded in satisfaction and his arm uninjured automatically find its way around Yeseul’s shoulder for support and also to keep her on the ground as she walks.

The girl frowned and gave him a weirded look, surprised at his action. Who is he to put his arms around her as if they’ve known each other for so long?

“Aren’t you being too comfortable? We just met” She pointed out straightforwardly and Chanyeol turned his head to her direction, making her lean away because of the sudden closeness between their face.

“We’re going to be pairs from now on anyways, get use to it” Chanyeol just said without elaborating. Yeseul’s eyebrows furrowed in confusion but despite that, her arm automatically finds its way around his waist.

It’s for the best anyway, Chanyeol needs her to walk— limp forward, and she needs him to stay on the ground. Killing two birds with one stone.

“She’s not your pair yet, not until we get our powers back. Until then, she’s Suho’s for now” Sehun argued as he kept his eyes between the path and his watch that is displaying a map.

Pair? Suho’s? , Yeseul asked herself, her frown deepening.

“Can anyone tell me what the hell is going on?” Yeseul finally asked and Chanyeol laughed beside her, his body vibrating. “Now you’re asking?” He asked with crinkled eyes and a wide smile. Yeseul replied with a bitter look.

“I finally accepted that I’m not dead and this is real”, she muttered and the two guys turn to look at her with disbelief.

“You thought you’re dead?”

“It’s the only sane explanation of why I kept floating”

Chanyeol laughed again but immediately grunted in pain when he accidentally moved his broken arm. “You’re funny”, he said with a smile eventhought he’s in pain. 

Yeseul eyes then focused onto the cage that Sehun is carrying with him. The reason why it catches her attention is because she heard whatever it is inside there, making noises— meows to be exact.

“Why do you have a cat with you?” Yeseul asked loudly in disbelief, her eyes rounded.

“It’s Baekhyun’s, he forgot to bring her with him. So careless” he mumbled in reply and Yeseul shook her head, still not understanding.

“No, what I meant is why?” She asked again, emphasizing her question in a louder tone.

Isn’t it too much to bring a cat along? Does he love his cat that much?

“It’s complicated but long story short, the cat possess his power. We’ll explain in more detail later”

She gawked at the fact and Chanyeol laughed at her again. Yeseul whipped her head towards Chanyeol to warn him about moving too much since whenever he laughs, his body tend to move as well. He does big reactions that could end up hurting him more.

How can he still laugh when he’s in pain? Yeseul can’t understand.

“You’re from Satia?” Sehun suddenly asked from the front without looking at her, changing the topic.

“Are we really going to introduce ourselves properly right now? We’re not going to wait until we, I don’t know maybe, settle down?” She asked and Sehun nodded as he kick away some plants that was blocking their paths.

Yeseul give in and replied, “Sort of” she replied loudly because the leaves and plants below them are rustling a bit too loud, moreover Sehun is trying to cut some plants away.

“Donghae’s from Deldara though?” Chanyeol pointed out something that Yeseul hoped they won’t ask about. She sighed, “I’m the only one born powerless”

“Oh.. sorry. Must be hard for you” Chanyeol felt bad and gave her a sorry smile in which she returned.

They all knew what it meant to be born powerless from a family who has powers, often being neglected as they usually thought it’s a disgrace.

Yeseul decided to drop that topic and went to a new one, “So, apprentices huh? I was shock when Donghae told me yesterday about you guys. We all thought you have died or something since you’ve disappeared for years”

“Oh?”, Chanyeol uttered in confusion. “He didn’t tell you about us all this time?”

Yeseul shook her head. “He didn’t. He has known you guys were alive all these years?”

“From the beginning, yes. He really kept his promise well” Sehun said and chuckled.

Yeseul then smiled unknowingly, feeling proud that her brother got praised. Donghae has always been the loyal type of friend and often got used because he is too nice.

Seems like his personality do get him somewhere because for sure, the apprentices will return the favor for the things he has done for them.

“Oh sh*t” Sehun suddenly exclaimed out of nowhere. Apparently, he slipped in-front of them and fell down the ground. The other two stared at him with wide eyes in shock before asking if he’s alright.

“I’m alright. Be careful, there’s moss right there..” He warned them and extended his hand towards them.

Yeseul prioritized Chanyeol first, pushing him to the front as she removes his arm from her shoulder so that he could hold onto Sehun’s.

She supported him from the back, gripping onto his back’s shirt just in case he falls but also to keep her from flying.

As soon as Chanyeol safely went over the moss, he quickly turned to her and grabbed her softly by the arm. She didn’t need help to get over it because she’s hovering the ground but she did need his help to get back to the track.

Again, his arm went back to her shoulder. “Don’t get the wrong idea, I’m not making this as an excuse to hold you or anything” Chanyeol said and Yeseul scoffed playfully.

“I think I can hear the stream getting closer..” Sehun mumbled and crouched down, poking his finger into the ground to feel it’s condition.

It was wet. The stream is near, finally.

He turned his head towards the two behind him, just to see Chanyeol sweating a little bit too much. He’s clearly in pain but he’s holding it in for the sake of the group.

“Just a little bit more, we’ll be there soon” he assures Chanyeol and the older guy nodded. His face already turned paler than before that it made Sehun feel bad.

Noticing Sehun’s worried gaze, Yeseul turned her head to stare at the guy beside her as well. turned into a worried frown, they could see that he’s about to faint soon if they don’t stop.

After moments of deciding, Yeseul told Sehun to continue without them. “We’ll be fine here, you can go ahead and hunt”

“I’m fine” Chanyeol tried to argue but his statement remains ignored.

Sehun agreed, “Just don’t let go of the vine okay? Do you need to replace it?” He asked Yeseul just incase the vine snaps. She shook her head, “It’s still fine, just return before it gets dark. You can leave the cat here”

“I can still go on” Chanyeol butts in but again, he got ignored again because Sehun continues to reply only to Yeseul.

“It’s fine, I’ll bring it with me just incase it needs to drink or do its.. business” Sehun opens the cage and immediately winced when its white paws are immediately tainted with mud. “Baekhyun’s going to kill me”

“Stop ignoring me” Chanyeol desperately said and Yeseul sighed. “You’re too tired to move, you literally look like you’re about to faint. Just shut up and rest your voice”

Chanyeol closed his mouth shut grumpily, listening to her obediently.

“Won’t she run away?” Yeseul asked Sehun about the cat but he shrugged his shoulder. “I hope not. I already asked Baekhyun over the device to tell her to listen to me”

“I’ll go now, take care of him” Sehun starts to leave and amazingly, the cat did follow him around as told by her owner. Yeseul watch it in awe until they disappear.

It was until she heard a heavy drop behind her, she turned around quickly and panicked when she saw Chanyeol on the ground.

“Hey! Oh no” She exclaimed in shock, immediately she ran towards him. She reached Chanyeol in no time and crouched down to pat on his cheek.

“What am I going to do— Chanyeol? Hey! Wake up” She said loudly, patting on his cheek to wake him up. Yeseul took a quick glance around her to see if there’s anything she could use to wake him up.

She then spotted his bag behind him, she carefully pulled it off Chanyeol and ped it.

Unfortunately there’s only.. balls? Why is he carrying these? Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she tries to make sense of what the balls were for and it was until then a de

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter