TEN

The Apprentices: Exchanged (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TRAVELERS

“Turn to the left ahead” Someone told Sehun from the back seat as his eyes darts back and forth between the car window and his phone.

They are using an app to track down the cheapest place they could stay in for a couple of days.. well, the fourth cheapest because they have missed the previous one thanks to Chanyeol.

“Can I trust you this time?” Sehun grumbled as he slowed down the car, signalling to the left before slowly entering the junction. Chanyeol nodded, “I swear I’m right this time!”

That’s the third time he said that, Aecha thought to herself as bit her lips— feeling awfully squished between Kyungsoo and Baekhyun. They were sitting at the very back of the car, four of them including Kai.

The middle row is occupied by Chanyeol, Chen, Xiumin and Yixing. Their state also being not comfortable as the giant in the middle took so much space with his big frame.

“Black pearl motel.. there!”

Yes, a motel. Suho had decided that staying in hotels are too bloody expensive, unless they all wanted to share one small room together— in which they can’t as Aecha needs her privacy.

Sehun parked at the side of the road temporarily in order for the rest to step out and manage the rooms.

“Finally! Okay everyone get out” Sehun demanded sassily and the rest of them hurriedly went out.

Baekhyun was the last one to come out, and he almost didn’t get to close the car door shut because Sehun was starting to leave to find a legal parking spot.

He threw a couple string of obscenities and Sehun was heard laughing as the door shuts, driving away. Baekhyun shook his head while chuckling as he turned around to join the group.

“Well, I guess it looks fine. How many ratings did this place get?” Yixing asked Chanyeol as he scanned the building. Its exterior is fine, not too shaby but it’s too damn quiet.

“2.5 out of 5- wow that’s kind of low.” Chanyeol mumbled and lifted up his head, eyes filled with doubts. “Should I search for another one?” He asked and Xiumin butted in, “What wrong with the place?”

Chanyeol immediately looked down to his phone to scroll down to the comments section and he made a face when he found something. “It’s haunted”

The whole group went silent and almost immediately, all heads turned to Aecha. The only girl, with all eyes on her clearly made her uncomfortable and she shifted her gaze towards the motel.

No wonder the place seems deserted even though there’s a lot of people around the area but they only pass by.

“Is there any more places we can stay nearby?” Kyungsoo asked, rubbing his hands on his arms to calm down his goosebumps. The thought of staying in a place swarmed by ghosts are sending chills to his spine.

The rest of the boys shared the same opinion, they’d rather find another place.

Chanyeol is currently busy scrolling his phone for another place to stay but unfortunately couldn’t find the one that suits their budget. “There’s one nearby but it’s a hotel and it’s expensive as .”

Suddenly, light footsteps can be heard from behind along with the sound of car keys jiggling. “Why are you all still here?” Sehun asked when he came back, jogging towards them from wherever he parked the car.

Kai quickly told the youngest about the information they’ve gathered about the place and he too, glanced at Aecha after that and almost rolled her eyes.

Now they are associating ghosts with her. It’s clear that the person that pops into their mind will be Aecha whenever the term ghost surfaced.

“Is it that bad?” Kai then asked her and she in her breath. She’d have to open her sense that connects her to the underworld to know that.

Pressing her lips together, she tried opening her sense of hearing for the underworld. It didn’t take her that long to listen to whatever is in there.

It was overwhelming.

She shuddered as he heard all sorts of noise. “Yeap, it’s bad..” She told them, face scrunched up after listening and she immediately shut her hearing. “but I think I can tell them to go away and not disturb us” she continued.

“You can do that? Aren’t you scared?” Xiumin asked her in disbelief but then changed his expression into a calmer one. “Don’t get me wrong I’m not scared, it’s just that I’d rather sleep in peace than being disturbed”

She shrugged her shoulders, “I’ve seen them for all my life, it’s not really a big deal” Aecha said calmly and turned towards the entrance before entering.

She disappeared inside, going through the spinning door and the rest of them followed her hesitantly.

Once inside, the lobby actually gave out a decent vibe. They were half expecting a spooky themed wall, old furniture covered in dust but no. It’s actually very nice but as what they all say, never judge a book by its cover.

Aecha was already in front of the receptionist, a bald and sassy looking man with a name tag “Hong Seokcheon” pinned on his pocket.

“There’s still many rooms available honey, just pick one- oh my” The man gapped over the 9 men behind her and scanned them with his eyes up and down before turning back to Aecha with disbelief.

She ignored him and shifted her attention to Suho, “Which room?” She asked and the owner— Aecha learned from his introduction earlier; gasped loudly behind the counter.

“Oh dear, that’s quite a lot” He asked with worry and Aecha turned back around to face the owner

“What?” She asked innocently, clearly don’t understand what he was talking about. The owner pressed his lips into a thin line, “Well, you do you I guess”. He just said and continued on write their check-in time on the paper.

The guys behind her snickered and some just ignored the owner’s statement for Aecha’s sake, but their red faces and ears gave it all out.

Finally understanding what it meant, she nearly shouted. “No! It’s not what it looks like!” She denied with all her might, head shaking along with both of her hands to prove herself. “I’m not here to please them-“

“We’re a group of travelers, four rooms please. One for the lady” Kyungsoo butts in, saving Aecha from embarrassment and she looked so red that she looks like a whole tomato.

“Oh that’s a relief, I’ve heard too much here and it often ends up badly” Seokcheon grimaced and shook his head in disgust. Is he implying that his motel is a place where people usually.. do stuffs?, Aecha thought to herself and made a face.

“But let me warn you first.. this place is-“

“Haunted, we know but we don’t really have a choice” Suho grumbled from behind and approached the counter to pay for the rooms

Seokcheon shrugged his shoulder and took the bill, “That’s what they all say but they always ended up leaving earlier than their check out dates. No refunds by the way” He gave them very fake smile after saying the last word, showing all his front teeth.

Suho nodded awkwardly and proceeds to pick out 4 keys thats on display, picking rooms that are side by side because the vacancy of the motel are.. well, very empty. There’s at least 5 rooms being taken already before them among the 20 rooms.

“Honey, are you sure you want to stay in a room alone? It can be quiet disturbing” The owner asked Aecha with worry before they all leave the lobby to find the rooms. She frowned and narrowed her eyes in annoyance.

Just earlier he thought she’s one of those girls whose job is to please men but now he’s worried about her being scared. Can’t he just stop being nosy?

“Oh believe me, the guys are more scared than I am” She replied coolly before snatching one of the keys from Suho’s hands. She then walked towards the hallway of the motel to find her room- the leader has picked the ground floor for all rooms.

Kyungsoo sighed and followed her from behind, the rest following as well. He quickly catches up with her pace, “Sorry for that” he apologized suddenly even though it’s not their fault but she must have felt humiliated for being mistaken as a e.

“How dare he, I’m don’t even look or dressed as one!” She grumbled and continued walking until she reached her room. She tried unlocking the door and continued talking while she’s at it, “I’m in my work outfit for elyxion’s sake“

When she opened the door, she quickly stepped inside the dark room. Her hands automatically search for the light switch on the wall near the door and when she did, she quickly turned it on.

Scanning the room with her eyes, her face softens when she saw a bed. At least she could rest well tonight- well after chasing the ghosts away. She then turns around and saw Kyungsoo, still standing in front of her door frame while the rest of the guys are seen passing by to get to their rooms. Some in front of her room, some beside her room.

“He must’ve thought it’s an outfit for rolep-“

“Kyungsoo!” She gasps and the man gave her a cheeky smile before turning around to get into the room in front of her. Well, great.

Aecha groaned and slammed her door shut. “His teasing self needs to ing calm down, how am I supposed to survive this” She mumbled to herself angrily.. well not really. She wasn’t alone in the room.

She ruffled her hair in frustration, pulling on the ends. “I mean like, does he really have to tease me every single ing time?” She rant out to the ghost on the corner of her room and the ghost itself was shocked that she was venting out her anger to it.

She glared at the ghost, “Yes I can see you so don’t even think about disturbing the guys and I or I’ll drag your to the underworld. Now scram!”

She could’ve sworn that she heard the other ghosts leaving their hallway in fear, moving towards the upper floors of the motel.

 

 

Later that evening around 5PM, Aecha heard soft knocks on the door. She groggily opened her eyes and sat up slowly. She had taken a nap as soon as she laid on the bed, ignoring the urge to fill her stomach as they hadn’t eaten any proper meals.

“The door isn’t locked..” She said sleeping, mumbling the words lowly. She stretched her arms and yawned. What does he want?

“Aecha?” A deep voice called out again along with knocking, louder this time because he didn’t hear her answering his calls.

“Come in Chanyeol” She replied and the tallest opened the door, head peeking in her room.

“Are you okay?” He asked her and she gave him a blank face. “Why?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter