TWENTY FIVE

The Apprentices: Exchanged (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DAY OFF

 

They explored the festival without worry as a group for an hour now.

Just like what Haneul said, the sun set is the best time to be in the festival.

Unlike elsewhere, the sky changes into many colors before it completely turns into a darker blue-black.

From cotton candy coloured, with pink and blue mixed with each other when the sun starts to set; to a light-orange and red with a hint of purple.

The sky complements the festival perfectly; flowers are being thrown and given everywhere— each of them could atleast make a bouquet of flowers with the number of flowers they carry.

String of lights starts to light up when the night turns darker but that doesn’t stop the people from celebrating.

The fun is about to start.

Music being blasted here and there, people singing and dancing. It’s like a parade filled with happiness and only that.

”It’s so peaceful and happy here”, Yeseul said and Chanyeol agrees.

”Almost too good to be true in fact, the people here are really friendly.”

Yeseul hummed in reply but there’s something in her voice he noticed, it sounds like she’s distracted.

He looks down to his side and knew immediately that she’s quite shaken by what happened earlier.

Noticing that Chanyeol is staring at her, Yeseul looked away; turning a bit to the side and took a step further so that he can’t see her worrying over her new powers.

Without hesitating, Chanyeol suddenly puts his right arm over her shoulder and squeezed her lightly.

”You did well earlier”, he said and pats her head softly.

“I almost killed myself how is that okay?”, Yeseul whispered frustratingly, sighing out loud but Chanyeol answered, “Nah. You won’t because I can teleport and catch you down there like a knight in shining armour I am”

Yeseul pinched his side and he immediately let’s her go from his arm.

”I’m being serious!”

Suho at the back sips on the drink that was handed to him for free and in his breath when it is too sour for him to handle.

That definitely woke him up.

He’s been staying behind the group for a while just to check on everyone and made casual headcounts when suddenly, he’s missing one head excluding Baekhyun who stayed behind.

He frowned and counted once more by gender. There should be 7 guys and 4 girls.

Yina is missing.

Suho turned around and searches for her immediately. She shouldn’t be that far right? She was just there minutes ago.

”Hey guys, have you seen where Yina went off?”

The group stopped and shook their heads, not even Inna realized that her twin is missing.

”Did we lost her?”, Suho asked loudly and starts to worry as he tries to scan the sea full of heads but that was when he saw it.

A salon.

”God damn it, can’t she tell us before disappearing”, Suho said in a stressed manner and storms towards the uni hair salon.

The group watch as he strides towards the salon.

”Well, I’m joining them. I can’t stand this long hair, my bangs are bugging me” Chen decided and jogged towards the salon as well.

Before he even enters, he stopped and made a face.

Beyond the window, he could see Suho scolding Yina inside and it seems heated.

”Well, I think I’ll stop by later”, Chen walked away from the salon and back to the group who seemed to have split.

”Where’s the girls?”, Chen asked when he noticed that there’s only guys left.

Yixing answered, “They went to have a ‘girls night out’ ”, he air quoted the last part.

“Then we should have a guy’s night out too!”, Chen said loudly—putting both of his arms on Kyungsoo and Kai’s shoulder.

“I think the not, not with you maybe. You’re loud, I need peace” Kai winced and pushed Chen away.

“Rude”, Chen said and pretends that he got shot by his hurtful statement making Kai chuckle.

Just then, Kai’s watch made a beep sound. He went to check and saw that Sehun is on his way to meet them.

”Catch you later! I’m going to find Sehun” The second youngest ran off.

”Well”, Chen sighed and turns to Yixing before continuing, “mind exploring what kind of food they offer here with me?”

Yixing shrugged his shoulders, “Sure, I’m hungry anyway”

Just before both of them walks away, Kyungsoo asked Chen why he decided to not join the ones at the salon.

”They’re having a lovers’ quarrel inside”

Back in the salon, Yina has her arms crossed in front of as she sat on the chair. Ofcourse Suho couldn’t see that since she’s already covered by the salon’s cape.

”Can’t you atleast tell me before disappearing?” Suho asked with his hands on both of his temples.

”I am not a child Suho! What do you think this is? A class trip?” Yina replied back harshly and rolled her eyes.

”Well you’re acting like one! You don’t even have a watch with you, what if something happens to you?”

Yina wanted to laugh there. What could possibly happen in a peaceful continent like this? Where the people are all rainbows and butterflies? Not to mention in a happy occasion?

“Ugh! Stop being so strict, will you? I ain’t having that” Yina shouted back and turns her chair around, to face the mirror.

Sadly, that didn’t do much in avoiding Suho’s stare.

”You never did! That’s the problem with you, you never listen to me” Suho glares at her and she didn’t hesitate to glare back through the mirror.

The hairdressers awkwardly stand on the side with their scissors, they didn’t know what to do in this situation.

Should they leave to give them privacy or what?

Yina sighed out loud and bit her inner cheeks. This man seriously needs to chill out.

“Suho, sit down or leave. I’m not leaving unless I have my hair done. Period” She stubbornly said and smiles at the hairdresser as a signal that they should begin.

She could see Suho facepalming himself but sat down much to her surprise. He leaned his head on the wall, trying to calm himself down and Yina smirked.

”Well, since you’re staying why not cut your hair too?”

”Shut it Yina”

”You look like the main character from a musical I’ve watched before. Gwynplaine if I remember correctly”

“Yina”

”Suit yourself”

 

 

The three girls (Aecha, Inna and Yeseul) is currently at a one-stop market to buy some stuffs since all of their things were burnt into ashes.

“Should I call the guys to come here? I’m pretty sure they need some stuffs as well” Inna asked them and Aecha immediately shook her head.

”Let them buy things themselves, the last time I went to a supermarket they dissed my height and asked what wings are for on period pads”

They shuddered and immediately reached to a mutual agreement.

”Okay maybe just get toothbrushes and shavers for them? They can buy clothes themselves later on” Yeseul said as they walk towards the clothing area but then she halted into a pause.

The clothes are too extravagant, even a simple shirts at least have a little bit of real gold in it. The price is not even the reason why they hesitate to buy it; it costs around $4 to $10 believe it or not but the fact is that it’s too eye catching

It may be normal here but not outside of this continent.

”No clothes then”, Aecha decided and once again they have a mutual agreement. “Maybe just undergarments since no one will see that”

By the time they finished shopping, they met the guys— only a few of them, just outside the mart just when they’re about to leave.

“Awh you’re done?” Chanyeol asked and the girls nodded. “We got you shavers, toothbrushes and a few bags to fit things in”

He took some of the shopping bags from Yeseul’s hand in which she gladly gave it to him.

Chanyeol took a peek in the bag and put it down in a split second, his ears going red. “Sorry”, he suddenly apologized and Yeseul frowned— her hands already grabbing onto the shopping bag in his hand.

“What is it?”, she asked and took a peek herself then when she realized what’s inside, she slaps his arms. ”I was curious!” He defended himself with wide eyes.

Beside Chanyeol is Kyungsoo; judging from the giant’s reaction he can already tell that it’s something he shouldn’t be staring at.

“You should just buy undergarments soo, clothes not so m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter