TWENTY FOUR

The Apprentices: Exchanged (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

POSSIBILITIES

“They went to Deldara?” Joo asked someone as she spins her dagger on the table, she looked up just in time that he replied with a nod.

“Told you they’re going from continents to continents”

She scowled and lifted the dagger up to point it at the person’s direction. “Well, I’m sorry that I messed up”

Mark chuckled and pulled a chair for him to sit, but he sat in a way that the back of the chair is in front of his chest— both his leg spreading on both side.

With his finger, he pushed the dagger away from his direction and it dropped back to the table.

”Calm down, jeez”

”It’s not entirely your fault, who would’ve known that it’s their plan to visit every continent?” Another voice echoed from the end of the room.

It was Joy, she’s meditating on the floor— not really but she’s probably trying to catch a glimpse of the future but when she failed again, she groaned and lets out strings of obscenities

”Why do they always appear whenever they want? I can’t believe I still can’t control it yet!” She whined and throws a tantrum of the floor.

Joo laughed, “You’re right. Why can’t you control it yet? Maybe if you did, we could’ve seen that they’re in your ex-continent”

Her statement gained a glare and Joo simply replied with blowing a kiss to her direction, much to Joy’s disgust.

“Annoying”, Joy muttered and swats the invisible kiss away.

”Think you could bring us there?”, Joo asked with a tilt of her head but Joy shrugged her shoulder as a reply.

”Only faeries can grant access to enter or leave as their wings acts as the key. It almost cost me my life when I ran away from that prison-like continent by knocking down one faerie and used her wing to escape-”

”So no?”, Joo cut her off when Joy started blabbing about her escape but to no avail, Joy continues talking

“I wanted to explore! Have fun and do dangerous stuff-“

”Like joining the red force?”, Mark asked with his eyebrows lifted and she rolled her eyes as a reply.

Currently, they’re back in Aurelia. In fact, every member are assembled there because they were expecting the apprentices to come but much to their surprise, they ended up in Deldara.

Joo rubbed her fingers against her temple, ”We’ll figure something out. Where’s the rest?”

Mark replied to her, ”Wendy and Irene went to get food. I don’t know where Yeri went-“

”Sleeping” Joy interrupted Mark.

”Lazy ”, Joo added with a grin

”Seulgi is probably battling the guys right now in the field”, Mark finishes reporting and she raised her eyebrows at him.

“Why didn’t you join?”

”She’s scary”, he confessed honestly with a sheepish smile.

“Would you rather practice with me then?”, Joo asked as she stares at her nails boringly. She just cut her nails earlier, too bad she could’ve use it to scratch people during battling.

He then stood up and headed to the door, “Suddenly, training with Seulgi sounds nice. Catch you later!”

The two girls laughed, “No one would believe that he’s a member of Elyxion’s nemesis if he continues acting like that”

Joy laughed, “Oh I wouldn’t say that, he’s completely a different person on the field”

Joo shrugged her shoulder and leaned forward to the table to rest her head on her arms.

The room became quiet once again and her eyes went to Joy who has her eyes closed again.

Don’t want to interrupt her, she drifted into her own thoughts.

Joo has been thinking a lot lately after their encounter with Yina and the apprentices.

Unlike the rest of their newest recruits who mostly gave in easily and believed whatever what is being told by their group; Yina declined gravely of their offer to join them.

Is it because she’s the daughter of one of the leaders of the continents?

The apprentices on the other hand makes her blood boil.

It is as if they didn’t know anything about what happened and whose fault it was whatever happens during the era of the first generation of guardians. The disappearance of the royals and all, how could they be so.. shameless?

Then again, she also felt that something was not right. It really felt like they didn’t know anything.

They seem so innocent.

Joo frowned and sighed in frustration as she falls deeper into her own thoughts.

She goes on about how life would have been if she’s not the heiress of their so-called group. Her father had passed down the group to her as he’s not in the right condition to continue after the war happened.

He’s currently resting and left all the work to her.

She groaned quietly, it’s really stressing her out but she has to do it for her people and the truth.

No more lies, no more deaths of her kinds and the power should fall in the right hands once again.

They need to find her quick because time is running out.

“Dreaming about your prince?”

A hit on her back jolted her upwards and she scowled at the culprit.

”Wendy, don’t start”, she glared at the girl and automatically, her fingers went to her lips.

Stupid thunder boy, she thought and picked her dagger up. She starts carving the wooden table, sulking over her stolen first kiss.

”I’m still wondering how it feels to be kissed by an enemy. Sounds like a scene that comes out of a movie doesn’t it?” Another sound echoed as she enters the room.

Irene is the one teasing her and that finally pushed her limit. Joo grabbed her dagger from the table and threw it towards Irene in a split second but the girl immediately stopped it by using her power.

The dagger melted into a pile of goo in front of Irene’s hand.

She replied with a hearty laugh and lifted her other hand— happily shaking the plastic bag that contains their dinner, “Food is here!”

 

 

“So how long did it take for you to unwind me?”, Chanyeol asked Haneul as he look at his left to right— fascinated that everything is frozen.

During their apprentices’ day, he won’t even realise that time has stopped whenever there’s practice going on.

”Are you seriously asking that? Time is literally non-existent right now as we speak”, Sehun replied, shaking his head as he lifts his hand to pat a child’s head in front of them.

They are currently on their way to Miss Boa’s place, in which Haneul calls it the tree house.

Ofcourse, the one that first came into their mind is a child’s treehouse but what they never imagined is that it is literally a mansion made from connected, big trees. A portion of it also looked futuristic in a way that doesn’t harm the nature.

It is indeed a sight to see.

Located in the middle of Deldara’s main city, it is actually not far away from where they were standing earlier as a group. They could actually see the tree house from there but ofcourse, they could only see the canopy part of it and thought that it’s just an ordinary giant tree when its actually not.

Once the three of them reached the tree house, Chanyeol speaks out. “So all I have to do it teleport them here right?”

That is the plan. Sehun told Haneul to un-pause Chanyeol first so it will be an easy escape from the security and since the teleporter is new to his power, he has to learn how the path to the tree house looks like in order for him to teleport the rest of them there.

”Will that be too much?”, Haneul asked him and Chanyeol chuckled nervously.

”Haven’t tried with a broken arm before but let’s see what I can do. If anything bad happens, you can rewind time right?”

Before Haneul could answer, he vanished into thin air much to her surprise. She quickly turns to Sehun with wide eyes, “What does he mean by that? Will they return back in one piece or not?” She panicked because they way Chanyeol said earlier, it seems like there’s possibilities of him making a mistake.

Rewind time?

She can’t do that! It already took long enough for Sehun to teach me to unwind time for only Chanyeol. How long? Truth to be told, if she’s correct it’s been half a day

12 hours or more has passed yes; they even searched the streets to eat something light when they’re hungry. Sehun even took a freaking nap at one of the furniture store as Haneul ventures out to help citizens who were in the middle of falling when they were running away.

Haneul wished that her power could drain so that time could resume but according to Sehun, that is less likely to happen because she has a pair that generates her power— Yixing. Eventhough he’s in a pause, but his power is still there

It can take days for her to drain herself down so she has to do it herself.

And how many more days will it take for her to rewind time if something bad happens to Chanyeol and the people he’s teleporting?

“He’s just playing around Haneul, don’t get stressed. You’re turning pale, are you even breathing?”, Sehun snapped her out of her thoughts and asked her in worry.

She took a deep breath quickly because she is indeed has stopped breathing for a while as she overthinks.

Not long after that, Chanyeol reappeared with the group with him— thankfully in one piece.

”That took me longer than I expected. I had trouble linking their hands together so I can teleport as a group— woah”, Chanyeol got interrupted when two hands found its way to his shirt.

She’s fuming, “You made me overthink! I really thought you’re going to bring them in pieces!”

Sehun on the back slapped his hand over his mouth to stop himself from laughing. A tiny faerie is trying to shake the giant in frustration, the latter stared at him with wide eyes for help.

Sehun couldn’t help but let go a few chuckles before grabbing Haneul away from Chanyeol who’s at loss of words due to her random tantrum.

“Okay red, calm down. Let go of his shirt”, he pulled her away by her arms.

Haneul’s frowned deepened and Sehun almost blurted out about how adorable she looks like currently with her red face.

Chanyeol awkwardly straightens out his crumpled shirt but he’s still dazed over what happened. He’s not mad but very confused, “Okay so.. time?”

The faerie finally calmed down and took a deep breath, “I’ll try my best”.

”You have all the time in the world, no pressure”, Chanyeol told her and snorted at his own pun; smacking Sehun on his side as he laugh.

Sehun sighed but smiles anyways because it’s that ridiculous.

Haneul tightens her lips together and took a deep breath. “Here I go, please don’t disturb me or make a noise”

She closed her eyes and tries to focus.

’Look deep within yourself, imagine a switch and turn it on’

That’s what Sehun said and she has that covered. She could feel the power pulsating through her vein

That’s what all of them are taught to do according to him. The one with powers, it’s basic stuff for them, even Haneul could do it but what’s hard to do is to connect that power to the world’s time.

It’s like trying to switch on millions of buttons but only with two hands.

Rewinding time for Sehun earlier was due to her desperation and she was lucky enough to un-pause him without any lesson.

If unpausing Chanyeol too her half a day, what about the whole world?

“This is impossible”, she groaned and turned around to the guys. “How can I do this under less than a day? It’s not even my fault the power decides to unleash itself when it entered me! If the original owner took months to perfect this then it’s not going to work for me”

”She’s right about that”, Chanyeol agreed and continues, “It took us weeks to learn, that’s too much pressure for her”

They stayed silent for awhile but then Sehun snapped his finger, “Try unwinding Yina. She could enhance your power, maybe that could help”

And so Haneul did and it took her only a few minutes. After exchanging names with the girl (they didn’t really get to talk earlier)— here

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter