THREE

The Apprentices: Exchanged (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ENEMY?

 

The whole house is a mess. In the living room, there is flowers everywhere. On the floor, on the walls, on the table, even on the clothes of its owner. So much that people could easily mistake it as an indoor garden. The culprit behind the flowers is Chen, who seems to be very lost on how to stop a new flower popping out.

“Okay someone get that pot of plant outside! Chen is going to flood this house with flowers if Xiumin doesn’t do it first with water” Kai said loudly while pointing at the innocent plant but not planning to move anytime soon from his spot. He was sitting on the floor of the living room, among the flowers.

Chen scoffed before turning to him. “Why don’t you do it instead? You’re the closest to the plant” Chen wanted to ask roughly but it came out as a whine. He was clearly stressed with all the flowers he just made from the plant.

“I’m scared to move okay! The ground shakes every time I take a step. I don’t want to cause a quake” Kai answered back, feeling annoyed. The tension in the air was thick, everyone in the house was panicking.

“I’ll do it” Sehun offered after there was a suffocating pin-drop silent, trying to break the staring competition between the two men and walked quickly towards the plant. When he lifted it up, it suddenly turned into a block of ice in just a few seconds. “Oh sh*t” He exclaimed.

He lets go of the frozen block of plant in shock and the floor is now covered with shattered ice.

“Oh dear god we’re screwed” Baekhyun groaned while looking up, silently praying that they won’t kill each other with their new powers. Also praying for his life as well as he is still powerless, being the only person without powers makes him the most vulnerable.

The door of the living room suddenly slammed open, revealing a fully soaked and very pissed Chanyeol. Usually in normal times, they would laugh and tease but this situation that they’re in is no where near being funny.

“What happened to you?” Chen asked him with pity. They all turned to the shivering guy and saw him close his eyes while breathing out air, trying to calm down.

The poor man unfortunately got the power of teleportation. Chanyeol explained that after getting the power, he teleported accidentally to the nearby forest — causing him to panic seeing the new environment; in which again takes him to another place and unfortunately landed on a river in the middle of a stormy night.

“You mean the nearby river just a few blocks away?” Someone asked as he came into the house after seemingly and successfully figuring out how to stop the thunder storm he just created.

“Great, now it stop? Why didn’t you stop the storm while I was walking back to the house” Chanyeol complained, his teeth clattering as he talk. He quickly removed his soaked shirt on the spot and walked towards his room.

Kyungsoo sighed and pushed back his hair with his hands. “You say that like its easy Yeol. I probably made the whole city panic with the sudden disastrous weather” He commented quickly before the new teleporter enter his room.

“Make that two of us. My wind caused a lot of trees fall, blocking the roads and causing traffic jams.” Yixing continued, walking through— well limping through the door before shutting it close.

“The television will surely be filled with morning news saying its the end of the world” Chen tried to throw a joke in but failed when Baekhyun gasped.

Baekhyun’s eyes widened in sudden realization, “Does this mean I’m still going to be stuck with the stupid cat?”

“Out of all things, you decided to worry about that instead?” Kyungsoo scolded him and rolled his eyes. Baekhyun shouted in pain after Kyungsoo’s hand reached the back of his head and gave him a glare. “Rude.”

“Where’s Suho?” Yixing asked as he scanned the room. The leader was no where to be found. Where is he when they need him?

“In the bathroom with Xiumin, he’s afraid he’ll burn the house down so he decided to stick with him.”

They all let out another sigh in unison.

 

 

It was 4am in the morning when everything finally calmed down. They had figured out how to stop by calming down. They figured out that the more they panic, they more uncontrollable their powers get.

Everyone was sitting in the dining room. Exhausted was an understatement, they probably had used up all of their energy and powers for the week due to the lack of control.

“Im assuming the former guardians’ power is in the orb as well?” Kai asked with curiosity. “I don’t know if its just me but even though earth is not my power, its kind of stronger? Do you guys feel that too?”

Murmurs of agreement was heard around the table. “Definitely stronger, I can’t even touch anything without freezing it earlier” Sehun stated tiredly and pursed his lips.

“He’s the ice version of midas then” Chanyeol said gloomily, not really expecting to earn chuckles from few but he did.

“God damn we’re not even in the right situation to laugh but why are we laughing” Suho co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter