THIRTY

The Apprentices: Exchanged (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

INTUITION

 

Drawing out his signature twin dagger, Baekhyun turned to face Joo’s side; getting ready to attack.

They won’t listen to him now, he knows that through the fire in her eyes. He quickly glances at the back and saw his friends running towards his direction with new weapons.

They must’ve got it from Boa, judging from its designs and quality; it’s very Deldarian-like with its eccentric carvings.

Soon enough, both sides met in the middle and chaos once again happened but this time; at the desert.

Baekhyun cracked his knuckles as he waits for them to attack. He raises his hands; being in defence mode as he waits for one of his friends to reach him.

One of them did alright; if she is still considered as his friend that is.

Haneul came down from the sky and landed beside him; she then harshly grabs his head to her eye level; putting in an earpiece roughly on his ear

Baekhyun yelped in pain and when she lets go, he gapped at her as he touches his red ears. “Ow! You could’ve just let me do it myself-“

“After what you have done? I don’t think so”, she gave her a glare before going away.

Baekhyun sighed, he then proceeds to activate the earpiece and soon enough he could hear Suho’s voice through it.

‘‘Baekhyun, can you hear me?’’, he asked.

“All ears”, Baekhyun replied. His eyes wander through the area and saw everyone has already dispersed, each and one of them already began fighting. Not knowing what to do, he asked “What’s the plan?”

‘‘Aurelia through ship without hurting anyone, you go join Kyungsoo’s group’’

“On it!”

Spotting him, he immediately dashes to Kyungsoo’s direction with Eri running beside him; but when he realized that he needs to go pass Joo, he ordered Eri to make himself invisible.

He doesn’t want to face another woman who’s mad at him. “Goodluck Chen”, he snickered as he ran pass them.

“We meet again”, Joo hissed at Chen who is currently grinning boyishly at her as he blocks her first attempt of trying to hit him.

“Trying to hit my jaw again? That’s too predictable don’t you think?” Chen twists her hand to the back, turning her to the front as he locks her in his grip with his arms on the area of her neck.

That was a mistake because Joo bit him and immediately, she got released.

Joo rolled to the front and points her dagger to his direction, “Stop touching me!”

Chen gave her a playful frown, “We’re supposed to fight, there’s a lot of touching”

Joo bit the urge to curse at him because if she did, she knew that he would reply in a sly way. Charging towards him, she threw her dagger.

He wasn’t a bit threatened by the flying dagger as he easily flicks it away with his power; a cactus suddenly appears in front of him. He peered from the side to make fun of her, making Joo even more frustrated.

Not far from them is Subin, who is just a few metres away and is currently messing with people’s mind by triggering the bad part of their pasts. She didn’t stray too far from Yixing however, it’s too dangerous if she did.

The sudden appearance of the succulent made Subin turn to Chen’s direction in surprise. She saw it from the corner of her eyes and it catches her attention along with the dagger on it.

“That dagger, I saw that somewhere”, Subin said as she got a glimpse of it from just a few metres away. Her focus wavered a bit as she tries to recall from where she saw Joo’s dagger.

She squinted her eyes at it and that is when she realised something.

The dagger is moving by itself.

Subin’s eyes widened, Chen doesn’t seem to notice that the dagger is slowly pushing itself into the body of the cactus without Joo’s help.

There must be a sort of spell that could make it be controlled by her like that. Any seconds now, the dagger would come in contact with him but he isn’t aware of it yet since he’s busy teasing Joo.

“Chen get away from the cactus!”, she shouted and right on time, Chen stepped to the right and the dagger went pass the side of his arm; grazing it and leaving a scratch

He seemed dazed for a second and snapped out of it when the dagger made a u-turn to his direction.

Subin’s eyes begun to wander around and that is when she spotted a guy twirling his finger which coincidently matches the movement of the dagger.

‘Found you’, Subin thought to herself and immediately use her powers on him; that is when the dagger drops down to the sand as the spellcaster struggles with his memories.

“Mark!”, Joo called out his name in panic when she saw her dagger drop and is out of her reach; it is closely lying within Chen’s area instead.

Subin sighed in relief; now that is out of way. She turns around to continue what she was doing earlier but suddenly someone shouted at her.

“Duck!”, Yixing warned her and she quickly abide the order.

Soon enough, an arrow came in contact with a small flying creature in the air; it fell right below her feet and she took a step back in shock.

It looks like a mutation between a bird and a wolf.

She looks up and saw Yixing asking her with a mere gesture, ‘Are you alright?’ he seems to ask and she nods.

Subin suddenly can’t help but feel at awe at his ability to multitask.

The last time she checks, Yixing was busy trying to clear the sky away for their groups; they have a storm maker on the opposite side who keeps on making it rain on Kyungsoo’s team to blur out their sight.

He’s also occasionally bringing thunder to the ground whenever people are trying to get to him and the girls and he also helped her when she lets her guard down.

“Pay attention to the surrounding!”, he warns her before he continues doing his job.

At the same time, Yeseul came running to her with her pistol. “Where is your pistol?”, she asked and Subin reached to her pocket. “I haven’t use them yet”

“Why not?”, she asked and in a split second, she shoots at the sky.

Another mutt came down, paralyzed on the ground.

“I can distract them with my powers-“

“You’ll drain faster if you keep doing that! Start using it”, Yeseul told her before she ran towards the mutt she shot with a small knife, slicing it open to make sure it is dead.

Subin winced and looked away as she fumbles with her pistol nervously. The bullets aren’t meant for killing; it is built in that way to prevent killing the opposite side but it also meant that it’s double the job when it comes to killing the creatures.

“Ugh”, Yeseul grimaced when her hand is covered in blood. “I’ll have nightmares about this, guaranteed but hey. This is how my life is going to be starting from now is it?”

“Where in Elyxion does this thing come from?”, Subin asks as she stares at the sky filled with the same creatures. They kept on coming and for sure, it doesn’t look like it comes from this world.

“The underworld”, Yeseul answered quickly and points out to a portal from far away, where 3 of their teammates are currently at.

“Can you shut it down?”, Xiumin ask Aecha through the earpiece as he tries to prevent more mutations from coming out of the portal that Yunho opened.

He makes the pressure of his water higher and blocks some of it from getting out but not all. He gritted his teeth as continues when suddenly, someone knocks him down from the back.

It was Aecha; apparently, he was about to get hit by a heavy metal made by Irene and she prevented in by pushing him down with her stick.

“I’m kind of busy here!”, was her reply as she blocks another piece of metal with her stick weapon. Xiumin lets out a curse because the portal is now wide open without him blocking it.

He quickly stands up starts to block it again, “Sehun try to prevent any attacks away from me”

“What am I, your bodyguard?”, the youngest reply but came over to him nevertheless.

Taking out his sword— setting it into killing mode, he began to swing it towards the nearest creature and slayed it into half.

“I have to block the portal until Aecha is free—don’t take too long!”, the last sentence is meant for the girl.

“I’ll try”, Aecha reply as she swings her weapon in a circular motion to block attacks from Irene. It may seem like a weak choice but for some reason, her stick weapon is holding on pretty strong.

Whatever material or source is used to build it must’ve been stronger than metal.

Aecha runs towards Irene and stick in her weapon to the ground, allowing her to jump up to avoid another attack as she softly lands behind Irene.

“Why do you keep on fighting me?”, she asks her as she sweeps Irene off her feet with one swing of her weapon.

Irene landed with a loud thud; Aecha activates her weapon into paralyzing mode and was about to hit her on the leg once more when suddenly strange chants; almost in an echo manner starts to fill the area.

Aecha lifted her head up and saw an army of soldiers marching out the portal.

“You got to be kidding”, she said with wide eyes. The portal is now left open unattended because it seems like some of the soldiers successfully escape and has now began to attack Xiumin and Sehun.

Without them, no one is there to block the portal. She really needs to close the damn portal now before it gets worst.

While she’s distracted, Irene suddenly kicked her stomach from a lying position and she find herself on the ground this time.

Black spots start to appear in her sight but that didn’t prevent her from seeing the sharp metals being formed in Irene’s hands as she towers her.

“You ask me why I prefer fighting you? The other girls seem weak, it’s no fun really. I like a little competition but it’s sad that I have to finish you off here-“

Before she could finish her sentence, she dropped to the ground; electrocuted. Aecha lifted her head and saw Yina from a far, giving her a salute.

“Thanks!”, Aecha shouted.

”Aecha are you free now?”

It’s Sehun this time and he’s currently panting hard, letting out occasional grunts here and there. He’s currently fighting 3 soldiers from the past.

“Xiumin, water!”

Soon enough, a wave of water came to their direction; onto the 3 soldiers he’s currently fighting and he immediately spreads ice from his hands to freeze them.

“Suho, I can kill the soldiers right?”, he asks as he spreads the ice until they’re stiff like statues.

“From the portal? Don’t bother! They’ll come back alive”

He lets out a frown and stop for a while to stare at the frozen soldiers in front of him. Suddenly, something weird happen.

The soldiers start to come out of the ice in gas mode, leaving their ice statue and reformed into their normal body; standing right next to their previous ice form slowly.

“Hey Aecha, still busy?”, he asks her carefully again as he backs away. How is he supposed to defeat them then?

“We really

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter