THIRTY FOUR

The Apprentices: Exchanged (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NEW THINGS

 

5 of them luckily landed and met each other at the same beach amidst the chaos.

It was the guys who reached the beach first with their powers; Kyungsoo making the sea bed reach his feet and made it as his escalator along with Yixing beside him who kept the corals and plants out of their way; Chanyeol uses his wings made out of fire to fly while Haneul carried Inna with her, following behind closely after spotting Chanyeol's fire from a far.

They don't know how they managed to lose the others, but it has something to do with the explosion of the ship which made everyone in the water get separated in groups due to the waves.

The first thing they did was to calm down and treat every injury that they had; they were lucky that Yixing is with them because some of them had drank too much salt water to the point that it could dehydrate and make their blood pressure high.

Although they’re all physically treated, emotionally, they’re drained especially that one guy.

“Guys, I’m really worried about him..”, Inna muttered quietly as she steals glances at the man who’s quietly searching for dry sticks to light a fire.

Chanyeol is just a few metres away from their temporary camp (they made a small shelter near the beach) and they have noticed that the usual loud man has been really quiet.

Almost too quiet.

After Inna mentioned that, everyone's attention went to the tallest and she immediately told them to not be obvious, "Don’t look at him- for the love of Elyxion, you guys are making him aware that we’re talking about him” she panics

“It’s not like we’re talking bad about him”, Kyungsoo reasons out calmly and she sighs in defeat. Chanyeol then senses that they’re looking at his direction so he lifts his head up and gave them and half-smile before showing his arms full of dried sticks he managed to collect.

“Will this be enough for the night?”, He asked loudly from a far and Yixing with a thumbs up in the air. Chanyeol gave a nod before dropping it on the ground once again to tie it with his belt; he took it off so that it’ll be easier for him to carry it back.

They were busy staring at him being occupied with the sticks that they all got startled when a bunch of leaves fell from the sky

Literally.

Inna jumped away while letting out a small yelp and Kyungsoo froze because he was too surprised to do anything. Yixing was too blank too react, he only reacted when Haneul descended from the sky because some sand starts to get to his eyes because of the wind from her flapping wings.

“What an entrance”, Inna said while chuckling as she wipes away the sand off her face with the sleeves of her shirt.

Haneul shrugged her shoulder, “Get used to it. Anyways, I managed to collect enough for our shelter’s roof but not much fruits. I can’t believe I didn’t spot any coconuts here to atleast quench our thirst”

“Whoever got Suho with them are surely lucky”, Kyungsoo added on

“Or Xiumin, they could eat ice during a hot day like this”, Yixing adds too and they all groaned.

“Too bad you guys are stuck with me”, another voice said dejectedly and almost immediately they all rejected his claim

“Not at all! It’s good to have fire during the night”

“It’s going to be cold as soon as the sun sets”

“We can even cook fish and meat.. if we manage to catch them while hunting”

“Unless they have Chen with them, they’ll struggle while making a fire just saying”

Chanyeol didn’t answer them as he sets the dried sticks on the ground in front of their shelter. His eyebrows furrowed deeply as he compiled them slowly in one place, crouched down

The people behind him keeps on mouthing out sentences between themselves, trying to find a way to make him feel okay.

He might be the giant among all of them but in terms of emotion, he’s one of the guys who’s quite sensitive.

‘You start’, Yixing elbowed Kyungsoo to take the lead. The latter sighed and gave in, after all, he knows him best out of all of them since they grew up together along with Sehun but the youngest is currently not with them

Kyungsoo crouched down to him level beside him and sat on the ground, watching Chanyeol absentmindedly arrange the sticks neatly which is kind of unnecessary.

“You don’t really need to stack it neatly you know”, Kyungsoo told him and he snapped out of it, a bit startled showing that he is indeed distracted by his own trails of thoughts.

“Right..”, he replied and finally stops playing with the sticks. He did not continue the next step, making the actual fire.

Kyungsoo looks to his side to stare at him, just in time for Chanyeol to sigh out loud and cover his face with his hands in frustration, proceeding to push back his bangs out of his sight.

“I almost killed him”, he starts right off and that was the time when the rest of them decides to give them space; trying to keep themselves look busy by making their temporary shelter waterproof just in case it rains.

“We all almost killed each other once or twice by accident”, Kyungsoo replied calmly but Chanyeol continued blaming himself.

“I literally blasted fire near him Soo”

“He’s been through worst, remember when he nearly died teleporting himself at the edge of a cliff when we were sent on a mission as practice back then?”

“That was his own doing”, Chanyeol snorted, he then continued, “but I did that, he could’ve died if there wasn’t a wooden pole between us”

Kyungsoo went quiet for a while as he tries to pick his words carefully, Chanyeol really sounds guilty for doing something that he’s not completely aware of.

They knew that he didn’t do that on purpose, his initial plan was to use teleportation but all of a sudden, his original power came back; not only him but all of them.

“It’s not your fault”, someone else said from behind suddenly and both of them turned their head around, Haneul was the one who said it while flying mid-air as she stacks two leaves up on the roof of their shelter.

“Actually.. if there’s anyone to blame, it’s me not you”, she said monotonously although they could see her eyes twitching in guilt for a moment there.

“What do you mean?”, Chanyeol ask her with a frown. Haneul scratched the back of her neck and avoids his eyes.

She then descends to the ground without a noise and took timid steps closer to him, “I was the one who switched the powers.. accidentally? I didn’t mean to do it because I genuinely forgot that this ‘switched-powers’ is a thing for you guys”

Haneul told them carefully while playing with her own hand as she readies herself for being yelled at.

“I stopped time because they almost stole everyone’s powers and knowing that, there will be no chance of any of us surviving if the ship wrecks..”, she reasons out with her eyes darting to each and one of them nervously.

She waits for their reply desperately because the silence is killing her.

Chanyeol then stood up, towering her and she immediately backs away with wide eyes as her heart drops.

She really thought he’s going to get mad at her but what he did was the opposite, instead she finds his hand gently patting her right shoulder.

Haneul blinked and lifts her head up to see him smiling genuinely this time, “It’s okay, you did a good job”.

“It’s not your fault too so stop blaming yourself”, Haneul finishes off and swats his hand away while giving him an annoyed expression; the corners of twitched upwards after that.

“We did lose the last orb however, how are we supposed to retrieve that?”, Yixing suddenly drops the bomb making everyone shocked because truthfully, they forgot about its existence

“Oh sh*t, it’s probably somewhere in the sea by now”, Kyungsoo said with wide eyes and Chanyeol starts to curse as well.

“What are the chances for Han Sori to find it?”

“Probably the same as the chances of us ever meeting her again”

“We’re ed aren’t we?”, Inna suddenly asked and once again, they got shocked because she rarely cursed.

That intensifies everything, what are they supposed to do now without it? Everyone is clearly stressed about it once it is brought up and Haneul felt suffocated by the sudden damped mood.

“We’ll find a way somehow, there’s always a way.”, Haneul tries to cheer them up. “But first, let’s try to survive in order to do that. I’ll go find some fruits for us to quench our thirst”

“Right, let’s just think about it when everyone is gathered”, Kyungsoo gives up brainstorming and starts to go to the direction of the sea.

“Fish for dinner?”, he asked without turning his head back and Inna replies with “Anything as long its edible”

He nods and starts to use his power to rise a portion of the sea bed carefully without making accidental tsunami. As soon as it rises, fishes start to plop up and down due to the lack of water and he easily walk over to take them.

Yixing joins in by making the plants from the sea flips every stone to retrieve any abalones and crabs.

Chanyeol finally lets go of his worries and made fire easily without any hardship.

Haneul just stares in shock due to how easy it is to get food, she then went over to Yixing and asks him “Can you just grow fruits here?”

The man immediately shook his head, “I can only control the plant’s growth if it’s already here. I don’t see any plants that could bear edible fruits nearby”

“Right.. I’ll try to find some then. Don’t expect me to get something easily like how you guys did..”

“Just be here before the sun fully sets, you might get lost”, Inna told her but she replies by scrunching her nose.

“I can see clearly in the night without light, faerie ability”

“Still, try to be here before that because they might eat everything before you come home”, Inna chuckled at her stubbornness and Haneul nods, finally giving in.

“Sure”

 

 

 

Crunch crunch crunch

The sound of ice being eaten by someone is the only thing that they could hear in the silent air as they try to make fire on their own.

It’s been hours now and the sun is beginning to set, they need fire soon because with no doubt, it will be a cold night without it.

Sadly, none of the members in their group is capable of making fire and they’re still trying their best to make it by shining Baekhyun’s light onto Xiumin’s clear, block of ice.

“Are you sure your ice is 100% clear?”, Baekhyun said with an annoyed tone because to be honest, he’s starting to think that is a fire really worth it?

He’s drenched in sweat because of trying to find the right angle to shine his light upon the ball of ice.

“And stop crunching ice loudly for Elyxion’s sake-“, he continued and Xiumin sends a glare at him

“I’m thirsty! I know that it’s frustrating but we’re almost there if you’re just patient enough-“

“Yeah we were almost there but thanks to someone’s wind, it got blew off just in a second after a two-hour work”, Baekhyun blamed the youngest and he replied with a frown, tilting his head upwards before sighing

“You were the one screaming for wind to make the spark bigger”, Sehun retaliates with an offended look

Before Baekhyun could argue back, a slap on the head shuts him up and his light immediately dispersed into all direction before fading into nothing

“Hey!”, he shouted while touching the back of his head, turning around to find out who hit him but when she saw that it was Aecha, he immediately cowers back down and relights his power.

“Stop blaming others and focus, it’s getting cold”, Aecha complains and they all resumed their work.

Sehun shook his head and left the spot, walking over to Yeseul who was sitting all by herself.

He was actually waiting for her to finish making him a d.i.y bows and arrows; in which she claims that she was taught how to do it by her brother Donghae for emergency situations

She never knew that it could really come in handy, she made a mental note to herself to thank him later on when all of this is over.

Sehun made his way to her, expecting her to finish judging from the number of wooden arrows she managed to make but he halts into a stop when he noticed something is off about her.

She kept on shaking head and proceeds to touch her ears afterwards.

“What is this..”, she mutters and suddenly stood up in a split second

Sehun stared at her silently as she tu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter