NEW YEAR SPECIAL

The Story of the Ambivert
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(This is a totally different thing. I just decided to make this cause I didn't post anything special for our Kang Daniel's birthday and Christmas so here it is.)

 

I pulled out the small drawer, contained with my collection of rings. While looking for the 4-piece set of thin silver rings, my fingers felt a piece of folded paper deep inside the drawer. Totally pulling it out, I smiled at the sight of it. It's a small paper origami that Daniel oppa gave me a while back. It was attached to an empty journal he gave me when he asked me to be his girlfriend. I remember it clearly because he slid it my way when we hung out in the library as a date. It had a short but meaningful sentence to it.

 

"Let me be the words to your empty book."

 

As soon as I looked at it, I laughed at how witty it was. Then he asked me for my answer in which I said yes. And ever since, I used the journal as a diary, where I took down our memories and special moments.

 

The doorbell suddenly rang, breaking me out of my trance. I quickly stood up and ran to the security monitor on the living room's wall. Smiling, I clicked the unlock button and ran to the kitchen to bring out the bucket of cookies I baked earlier. The door opened and shut, shortly after, my boyfriend was inside.

 

I turned to look at him as he also stopped to look my way, chuckling because I was still wearing my robe. I scanned his classic black tux and wine colored button down shirt. He also put his hair up in which I'm guessing that Seongwoo oppa helped him with. He also wore a little bit of makeup which looks good on him. When I met his eyes, he smiled at me making me laugh. I raised my thumbs up at him and nodded, approving of his look. He walked forward, stood in front of me and lifted my chin, giving me a small kiss, or two.

 

"Jisung oppa did good with your makeup," I said, smiling up at him. He laughed and said, "I did this. He just taught me how to." I raised an amused look. "Well, you did good," I said, patting his chest. "I’m pretty sure I'm not the only one who did a great job dressing up." He said, rubbing his thumb on my chin. "I had to make sure I could match your good looks," I replied, walking to the kitchen counter.

 

I was about to grab the bucket when I felt his presence behind me. I turned around to meet him at eye level, while he placed both hands on the counter edge behind me. He leaned in close, till his neck was inches away from my lips before pulling back again at eye level, with a cookie in his right hand. He looked at me and bit the cookie, making me scrunch my nose at him. What a tease. He looks deadly gorgeous and he knew that. He knew just how big of an effect he has on me and I'm guessing he's going to go all out tonight.

 

"10 minutes into my house and you're making fun of me," I said, crossing my arms. Instead, he just smiled innocently, tilting his head like he didn't know what I was talking about. He wants to play this game huh. Okay then.

 

I placed my right hand on the side of his neck, while my other hand took hold of his coat's collar. I pulled him towards me and bit the cookie that was sticking out in his mouth. He froze in shock making me smile.

 

"You know, you get surprised really easy," I said, grabbing a cookie behind me and biting on one too. To no one's surprise, I was always better at him with the teasing. But he was the best with the cringing ones. So in this way, as cheesy as it sounds, we were meant for each other. "And you blush really quick," I said. He scrunched his nose and pulled back, leaning on the other kitchen counter. "and you don't?" He asked, smiling in a teasing manner. I pouted and shrugged the matter.

 

As daring as I may sound, I was a er for his sweet gestures and occasional teasing. Sometimes, I was the one teasing him and sometimes, it was him making me freeze and blush in my spot. Sometimes it was him laughing of embarrassment because of my cringing words, and sometimes it was me reacting idly at his cringing remarks.

 

"We're even then." Raising my closed fist for a fist bump. He nodded and didn't push further, returning the fist bump as well. "Oh right. I'm not yet done." I said quickly returning to my room and to my table. I picked up my rings and put them on my fingers. I pulled out my drawer and scanned through my necklaces. When my door opened again and in came Daniel oppa.

 

He sat on the edge of my table, also looking through my accessories. "That's a lot." He laughed. "I tend to buy a lot of things and never use them," I said, picking the classic silver chained necklace with a small snowflake pendant made of black diamond. "It looks like a spider web." He laughed. "I'm going off a Spiderman theme," I said, making him laugh. I shook my head in disbelief at how easily amused he got. Putting it on my table, I pushed him out again. "I'll be done in 2 minutes," I said, waving my hand at him while he stood outside the door.

 

Shutting it immediately, I took off my robe and hung it behind my door. I then wore the necklace and took one final look at the mirror before going out. When I turned around, Daniel oppa stood there smiling. I laughed, embarrassed with the way he looked at me. "I don't look weird, right?" I asked. "You look beautiful." He said, with much sincerity. I smiled at him. "Thanks," I said before turning around to grab my coat and to the doorway. I took my heels from the shoe cabinet but Daniel oppa quickly took them from me and kneeled in front of me. "You always do this," I said, talking about him putting on my shoes for me. "You're wearing a dress, I can do this much as a gentleman." He said, slipping on my last shoe and locking in my ankle strap. He stood up, grabbing my coat from me and helping me put it on. "Shall we?" He asked, tilting his head with that dashing smile of his. I smiled as well and said, "We shall."

 

 

Taking his car, we drove our way to the hotel where his company is holding a New Year’s Eve party. On our way, He must've noticed that I was quiet because he reached out to hold my hand. I looked at his side profile. "This is the first time I'm meeting your co-workers," I said. "They're nice. Our boss even knows who you are." He said. My eyes widened in shock. "Really?" I asked, more nervous than ever. "He said that he's your senior from college," he said, looking at me briefly. "I don't know. Maybe if I see him I'll remember." I said. "Ah right. You’re not good with names." He said. I nodded in agreement. "Don't worry. You'll be fine. I'll be with you the whole time." He said. I started to feel at ease knowing that once he says something, he sticks by it. So I know that he really won't leave my side.

 

We passed the entrance and stopped in front of the hotel doors, where the valet opened our doors and took the keys to park the car. In a second, Daniel oppa was by my side, taking my hand and lacing it with his arm so I was gripping it as he led us inside and to the hall.

 

When the doorman opened the door for us, my eyes were blessed with a bunch of good-looking people wearing elegant and classic suits and dresses. A man offered to get our coats and put them somewhere safe while we walked deeper inside the room. A lot of people waved our way, while I bowed my head in reply. Daniel oppa waved his hand but went straight to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter