Chapter 3

The Story of the Ambivert
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


A month has passed, working as a stylist. But the atmosphere with the boys and my colleagues was already comfortable. I laugh a lot and I enjoy talking with my co-stylists, Rae and Minah, who also told me to address them as Rae eonnie and Minah Sunbaenim. I felt comfortable working with the wanna one boys, especially the younger ones. They would ask me a lot of questions about life abroad, other people's culture and what not. Most of the time, I got assigned working with them so I get to talk to them a lot, pretty much every time. 

Although I was shy during the first week, I felt relieved and thankful because they befriended me first. They were talkative and lively, no surprise there. I got along with the hyungs too, they were always the loudest circle in the room. Seldom would I have the chance to talk to them with the same amount of time as when I talk with the dongsaengs. But nevertheless, we were all ok. Somehow, on my way to work today, I felt a little nervous and anxious for some reason. It didn't feel the same, compared to the previous days I went to work. I didn't know why until I arrived at the office. 

"Oh, Eun-ssi. The kids are all done. Can you help me with the others, please? Daniel-ah, Eun will assist you!" Minah Sunbae said as soon as I entered the room and greeted her. I walked towards the clothes rack and looked for the name tag 'Kang Daniel'. "You're early today." I turned and looked up before nodding and showing a small smile. "Hello, Daniel Oppa." I bowed my head. "Why are you awkward? Just act as you usually would." He said letting out a small laugh. I nodded and smiled. How do I normally act?

I finally found his outfit and checked it. I took out the accessories and belt before giving it to him. "I'll hand you your shoes when you're done. You can change first." I said giving him his clothes after leading him behind the curtain. "Thanks." He said before entering. I was about to go and look for his shoes when he called my name. "Eun-ah. Can you put this on the shelf for me please?" he said handing me his coat, shirt, and belt. I blushed at the sight of his bare arms and part of his collarbone. "Yeah sure. I'll be back real quick. I'll just go and get your shoes." I said. "Okay~" He replied behind the curtain before I sped and quickly placed his belt and folded his coat and shirt on his shelf. I took his shoes that we're just beside the clothes rack and when I came back for him he also just finished changing. 

I handed him his shoes when he sat down on the chair and wore them. Then he stood up in front of me. I looked at his outfit and tilted my head to the side. It felt off...

I ed the last 2 buttons of his shirt but it still looked... plain. "Oppa, Can you tuck the front part of your shirt?" I said. He nodded and tucked them in. I tilted my head again then asked him to slightly lift his arms up. I untucked only the front 1/4 part of his shirt. "Are you okay?" He asked laughing a little. I looked at him in a weird way. "You're red." he laughed. I looked away and said, "I'm embarrassed." He laughed at me more and nodded in understanding. 

I showed him his belt, silently asking him to lift the ends of his shirt, and he did. I placed his belt on the loopholes one by one, blushing when my arms circled around him and my face was almost touching his chest. When I got to the front, I buckled it without a word and looped the ends as what I saw, how he would usually wear it. "You don't talk a lot huh," he said when I finished tying the ends of his belt. "It's weird talking with my face inches away from your chest," I said while looking at his outfit again. My eyes and lips closed at my words. Inches away from your chest? Seriously Eun? "I meant putting the belt around," I added looking at him like I just didn't say anything weird. He laughed. "So what?." He said making me give him a sarcastic look. "OK then. Can we not talk about this any further?" I said extending my hand towards his neck while he bent down. I'm a head shorter than him, so. I put my wrists around his neck and locked his necklace behind, placing it around his neck nicely afterward. "Arms," I said. He stretched them out in front of me and I went ahead to fold them just mid-way from his wrist and elbow. I couldn't help but notice how big his hands were. 

"You have big hands," I said suddenly looking at mine then his. "I guess I do," he said looking at them as well. He raised them in front me and I gave him a confused face and a high-five. "Not that silly." He laughed. I laughed, embarrassed by my actions. He took my hands and aligned it so that he could compare the size of our hands. "Yah, yours are average. Most girls would have smaller hands than yours." He teased. I scrunched my nose jokingly but really, I was about to explode with happiness. He laughed again. I could literally feel the blood heating up my cheeks. Then suddenly he intertwined his fingers with mine. I froze. Oh my Gosh. He's holding my hand. Oh my gosh... 

"Hey, it fits perfectly with mine," he said smiling. He looked like he was unaware of what he did because he looked embarrassed when he saw how I looked at him, with wide and shocked eyes. He pulled away and brushed his hair laughing while I hid mine behind my back. "Sorry about that," he whispered. "O-oh." I stuttered. I turned around and gave him his bracelets and rings. "Thanks, Eun-ah." He smiled awkwardly and took the accessories. Then he walked towards the coffee table where the others were while I went back to the clothes rack and pretended to look at the clothes. 

He held my hand, Oh my word. I could feel the blood rushing and my heartbeat pounding in my chest. It was beating so loud and fast I could hear it. "Ong you're up!" In a snap, Ong oppa was beside me. "Hi Eun." He said in glee. I was still smiling and blushing. "Hi oppa." I said bowing my head at him. "Yah, You're really red. Are you sick?" He asked. I shook my head no and went back to look for his clothes. I checked it and saw that he only has to wear a shirt and his jeans. "Here, Oppa. Just tuck in the front of your shirt after." I said. He smiled and nodded before going behind the curtain and changing. I quickly went to get his shoes and waited for him to finish. 

When he came out and sat on the chair, I gave him his shoes. Then he stood up again and stood in front of me. "Oppa, stand still," I said walking behind him and fixing his shirt so that it hung loosely enough for his arms to stretch comfortably. "You're a demanding kid, you know that? And here I thought you're the awkward, shy, and timid type of girl." Ong oppa said when I ed the first two buttons of his shirt. "I am like that. Except for the timid part. And I'm not shy nor awkward, with everyone." I said. "Ah." he said in understanding. I finished fixing his outfit, and he thanked me before Minah Sunbae called out the others and soon they were all done. 

Jisung Oppa talked a lot, like, A LOT. Jaehwan oppa and Sungwoon oppa occasionally asked questions, and we had small conversations. I felt comfortable around them. Minhyun oppa, when I first sam him. The first thing that came to mind was that he is an absolute beauty. He was flawless. We didn't talk much though. He was busy vocalizing with Jaehwan oppa. 

After fixing the scattered accessories and shoes, I sat on the sofa and grabbed my bag and phone when Jihoon approached me. "Hi Eun noona." He said sitting beside me. "Hey." I replied, smiling at him. "Noona, you grew up abroad right?" he asked. "Yep, why?" I said turning my attention to him. "How'd you manage to adjust?" He said, starting a conversation. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter