Chapter 4

The Story of the Ambivert
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

6 PM, Friday

I shook my head and blinked, turning my attention to the lecture in front. But my thoughts drifted back and back again to the same scene that happened nights ago. 

I bowed my head trying to hide my smile. Blinking it away, I looked at my notes and frowned. It's filled with doodles, yey. The bell suddenly rang that made me raise my head in shock. Everyone started fixing their things and getting up. Looking down at my doodled notebook, I pouted. I shut it close and gathered my things before shoving them in my bag. Then I stood up and looked down at where I was going. 

"Excuse me..." I quickly looked up and at the person standing in front of me. "Can I help you?" I asked. The guy looked away and scratched the back of his neck. "Here. I saw that you weren't paying attention to the lecture a while ago. You can borrow my notes if you'd like." He showed me his notebook. I blinked and showed him a grateful smile. I bowed my head. "Thank you so much! I was worried where I could get notes from today's lecture... Don't worry I'll return it to you tomorrow." I said smiling. He nodded looking up and elsewhere. "Ah." He said before going through his bag. He took out a can of coffee and handed it to me.

"In case you doze off again for your next lecture..." He said. I blinked at him in shock. "Oh. I'm fine. Really." I said waving my hands. "I insist. It's not nice to not accept what your senior offers you." He said, smiling softly. "Oh." I said in the realization that he's my senior. "Here. Take it. I'll see you tomorrow." He said waving goodbye and running out of the room. I bowed my head before he could leave but that was all I could manage to do. I turned around and got out through the other door which led me to the garden of our school. 

I sat down and looked at the notebook and coffee. "What a nice guy." I smiled to myself. I placed my bag on the table and took out my phone, briefly checking for any message and there was one. 

"Eun-ah, can I call you?" Minah sunbae texted me. I quickly phoned her and she picked up after the 1st ring. "Hi, Sunbae. I just finished class. Is something wrong?" I asked on the phone. "Oh. Can you come here to the office then, please? My nephew is having trouble breathing and I don't know who else to call." She said. I stood up, placed the notebook and coffee in my bag in a rush and ran to the bus stop. "Sure Sunbae. I'll be there in 10 minutes." I replied while fixing my things. I bid goodbye and hung up, running out of the campus as well. 


"Oh! Eun-ah. Gosh, I'm so sorry for calling you this early. I panicked and I know your school is just nearby." Minah sunbae said as soon as I entered the room. I bowed my head and dropped my bag on the floor beside where the little boy was sitting. I checked his pulse, eye movement, and breathing. They were a little unsteady. His eyelids were drooping, his breathing looked like he was going short on oxygen to breath, his pulse was a little weak and his face was overall turning pale and blueish. He was having an asthmatic attack. "It's fine sunbae. How long has he been breathing like this?." I said while rummaging through my bag for the brown paper bag I got earlier when I bought something. I took out the content, popped it open and placed it near the boy's mouth and nose. "Deep Inhale... Deep exhale... Inhale... Exhale." I instructed the boy guiding him through with my eyes and gesture. He did as I told him for a while and I checked on his eyes and noticed that they became still. I placed a pillow behind his back and let him rest on it, so he wasn't slouching. I checked his pulse once more and felt that it stabilized. 

I turned around and up at Minah sunbae. "About 20 minutes. But it worsen just 5 minutes before you came." I nodded in understanding. "He should rest for a few minutes. Bring him to the clinic for proper treatment later. But let him breathe through the paper bag on the way." I said standing up. She nodded and held my hand. "I know your shift doesn't start in an hour..." She said, looking sorry. I patted it and told her that it was really fine. Letting her have the space to sit down in front of her nephew, I took my bag and turned. Only did I notice that there were people staring at us. Daniel oppa, Jihoon, and Ong oppa stood there behind us. Jisung Oppa and Minhyun oppa on the other hand just came in with snacks in their hands. 

"Why are you staring?" I scrunched my brows at the three, placing my bag on the table. "Noona." Jihoon called making me look at them. He stood there with a thumbs-up and a gaping mouth. I smiled. "I just helped him." I said walking up to him and ruffling Jihoon's hair. "So, who's first." I clapped my hands and asked looking at them one by one. First at Jihoon, at Ong oppa and lastly at Daniel oppa. My gaze quickly shifted in embarrassment suddenly remembering how he called me 'Kiddo' the last time we were together. I haven't exactly seen him these past few days. He's been out and about working and appearing on multiple shows. Speaking of Kang Daniel, he raised his hand and placed his arm around my neck, walking us away from the others. "Let's go," He said, leading us to the clothes rack. 

"Did you get home safe that night?" He asked when he let go of his hold and let me do my thing. I paused then nodded my head. "Eun-ah." He said. I finally found his clothes and gave it to him. "Look at me." He said. I raised my head and for a split-second, looked at his eyes then away. "Why are you not looking at me?" He said, moving to meet my eyes. But I kept on looking the other way. "Yah. Kiddo." He said with that deep, husky, voice of his. I looked down at my feet and covered the smile growing on me. "Help me, will you? I'll just put this on then help me with my tie?" He asked. I nodded looking down. He patted my head and left.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter