Chapter 8

The Story of the Ambivert
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The cue of my last class rang throughout the room and the entire building. In a hurry, I threw my things inside my bag and got out of the classroom. Running out, I texted Rae eonnie that I was going to run 10 minutes late. Our professor got a little carried away with his lecture today, he decided to extend for another 20 minutes. Sending my text, a person suddenly shouted my name. "Eun!" Haesung oppa waved from the parking lot. I also waved back and bowed my head. He pointed to his car asking "Need a ride?" I hesitated, then checked my watch and then at the bus stop and saw that the stop was full. If I take the bus now, I'll probably be 10 minutes more late because of the route the bus would take. After much contemplating, I ran to where he stood. I bowed my head once again, greeting him. "If it's fine with you, Sunbae." I panted. He nodded and kindly opened the door for me. When I got in, a mixture of his perfume and the forest scented air freshener passed my nostrils. Shortly after, he also got in and we were driving out of the parking lot. 

"So, where to?" He asked. " Do you know CJ E&M'S office?" I asked while he was looking at the road. "Oh yeah, the one in Sangamdong?" I nodded. "You work there?" He asked. "Yes, I do. It's where I have my part-time job." I said. "As what?" He laughed in disbelief. "I'm a stylist." I shyly replied. He briefly looked my way in shock, making me smile back. "Cool." commenting back, I replied with a polite thank you. 

"Your really busy then?" He said. "A little? But I manage." I answered. "I was going to ask if you wanted to go to Dr. Hong's party. He got engaged." He said. I looked at him in delight. "Really? That's amazing! All this time, I thought he was single cause he works so much." We laughed. Dr.Hong is our mid-30's professor on public health. He's a practicing doctor but he also teaches at our university, hence the impression that he's a workaholic. 

"Who knew right?" He laughed making me nod in agreement. A few more turns and we arrived in front of CJ E&M'S building. Haesung sunbae stopped the car to the side. I took off my seatbelt and turned to look at him. "Thank you for the ride sunbae-nim." I said, bowing my head and smiling at him grateful for his kind act. "Sure thing. Do well at work." He cheered, raising his fist in a cheering manner. I did as well and got off. Gently closing the door, I bowed my head once again before he sped off and back to the street. Turning around, I ran upstairs and to wanna one's room. 


"I'm so sorry I'm late," I said panting lightly. Rae eonnie looked my way and waved a hand. "It's fine. Here. Minah eonnie will be back soon, she left 10 minutes ago to bring her nephew home." She said, fixing her things and putting them in her bag. I nodded and settled my bag, on the table as well. "The boys are practicing in the other room." She said. I nodded and walked her to the elevator. " I'll see you tomorrow eonnie." I said bowing my head and waving my hand at her as she did as well. The doors then shut close, making me turn on my heel and walk back to the room. I stopped briefly then took a turn to walk towards the practice room. 

Loud music was playing through the hallway and when I slowly opened the door, everyone was down on the floor. I walked in and waved at the guys. "Hey Eun." They greeted me from the floor. I waved back at them and laughed. I approached Jihoon since he was the one nearest to go to. "Hey jeojang." I said, patting his shoulder. "Oh, noona. When did you arrive?" He asked in shock."Just now. You guys taking a break?" I asked, walking with him to where Guanlin lay on the floor. We sat and settled down on the ground. Jihoon handed Guanlin the bottle of water he took earlier. "Yep. We have the next hour to ourselves. I mean, It is dinner time." He said. I laughed. "Ah yes. Of course." I nodded in agreement. Guanlin chuckled lightly catching on with Jihoon narrowing his eyes at me. "Our choreographer said so. Stop judging me." He said. I nodded and smiled. 

"Choi Eun!" Someone shouted from the other end of the room, running steps echoed then in a blink, he was beside me on the floor. "Hi." Ong oppa smiled, making me laugh. "Hi oppa. You look energetic." I said. "Yeah well, pizza's coming." He smiled. "You guys should've just texted me to buy food or something," I said. "Nah. It's fine. We ordered it like 30 minutes ago." He laughed making me chuckle. Then suddenly, another person also made his presence aware from behind me. 

"Hey, kiddo." Daniel oppa said, ruffling my hair. I turned to look at him and smiled widely. However, he didn't look that jolly. He's probably just tired, I thought. "I'm going to buy drinks, come with me?" He asked. I nodded immediately, rising up on my feet with him following. The boys waved their hands at us, then we were out of the room. 

I walked silently behind Daniel oppa, my thumb playing with the rings on my fingers. The whole walk was awfully quiet which got me thinking and panicking. Why is he quiet? He sighed then stopped in his tracks, turning around to face me with a not so happy expression. I blinked at him instead. We stood in the middle of the hallway, no one was passing by since it's dinner time. He blinked at me as well before engulfing me in his arms. 

"Why are you walking behind me?" He asked quietly through my hair. I shrugged my shoulders. "You tell me, why are you not talking?" I asked softly. It took him a few seconds before he sighed and answered my question. "I saw who dropped you off earlier." my eyes blinked in shock. "H-he's my senior. He offered to give me a lift to work." I said, making him tighten his hug. I was loosely wrapping my arms around his waist and when he tightened the hug, I did as well. 

"Are you jealous?" Rather than asking it as a confirmation, I was more curious. Why would he feel jealous? Why is he jealous? What made him feel jealous? "y-yes." He stuttered. I tried hard to hold back my grin. How cute. "I told you. He's my senior, a friend." I said, patting the deep curve on his back. "It'd be nice if I also knew someone you'd be jealous of." He scoffed jokingly making me burst in laughter. "I hate to burst your bubble, I don't think I'm the type to get jealous," I said making him scoff again. He eventually let go of the hug and stood beside me, leading us to walk side by side to the vendo machine in the building's cafeteria. 

"What do you mean 'don't think'?" he asked. "Well, I've never actually dated." I confessed. He laughed like what I said was a joke when I didn't laugh he raised his brows. "You're serious?" He asked in shock. I nodded slowly. It didn't offend me or anything, I mean, why would I? "For real? But you're beautiful. That's crazy." He said nonchalantly like it was the most obvious thing. This time, I laughed. "Yeah. Sure. Thanks." I said, pushing some coins in the slot on the vendo machine. I clicked on the button of my choice, then it started making clanking sounds. 

"You're beautiful, okay." He said, leaning on the machine and looking at me with crossed arms, one foot across the other. I squatted down and took out my bottle of green tea. Looking at him I said, "I wasn't denying it." He chuckled and nodded. "True." He said, making me smile in return. "Let's go, we'll buy their drinks outside." Grabbing my hand, he tilted his head towards the door. I pulled him in shock. "Hold on, we're going out of the building? It's just 6:30." I stated with much caution and panic in my voice. "Yeah so?" I widened my eyes at him. "So? There are people. There are fans at the entrance." I said. "There's a back door Eun." He calmly said. "Oh." was all I managed to say before I blinked, then I let him pull me out of the room. 

We walked in a dark alley where the back door led us out, turning here and there, we saw a small store. But before crossing the street, I pulled Daniel oppa back and looked at him. He was wearing a cap, the only cover up he had. I hesitated whether he should go. "Maybe I should go and buy the drinks," I said, worried that someone might see him. "Eun. It's fine. It's just the store. No one's inside other than the cashier. Stop worrying." He said, patting my head. He held my shoulders and turned me around, walking to cross the empty street and to the store. 

Him holding my shoulder was, I guess, all I needed to stay calm. I mean, it is just the store and not the mall. Shoving the thought away, I helped him pick out the drinks for the guys. We settled them on the counter but Daniel oppa quickly ran to the freezer, taking out ice creams as well. I chuckled when I looked at him, contemplating what to buy. In the end, he settled for a greek yogurt ice cream. He turned my way, catching me looking at him. I told the cashier guy I'd be back in a minute and went to the freezer to pick out my ice cream. I took the coned vanilla ice cream then we went back to pay. 

After the cashier dude placed all our items in two separate bags, I swiftly took one while Daniel oppa took one as well. "I'll carry that." He told me. I blinked and smiled. "Nah it's fine. It's not that heavy." I said. He narrowed his eyes but let me be. We walked out and crossed the street. I was about to thank him for the ice cream treat when he ran past me, smoothly taking the plastic bag in my hand. I stopped in shock while he did too, turning to look back at me with a cheeky grin. I chuckled in disbelief. "You're really greedy," I said jokingly narrowing my eyes at him. He shrugged his shoulders with a smile. Goofing and playing around while walking back, we soon got in the building safe and sound then back up where the smell of pizza greeted us. 

"Oh, you two. Eat up! The pizza just came." Jisung oppa said. We immediately ran to where they sat, circled around the boxes of pizza. I sat on an open space that Jihoon cleared up for me to sit. I ruffled his hair in gratitude and sat. "Take your drinks." Daniel oppa said, putting down the plastic bags in the middle, beside the pizza boxes. He also sat beside me when Jisung oppa scooted space for him. Immediately everyone started moving and grabbing a drink and a slice of pizza. 

Carrying on to dinner, cleaning up and continuing practice, manager-nim called on Daniel oppa and I to leave and go to the next schedule. All the boys stayed and practiced while I went and assisted Daniel oppa to his photo shoot. It was with Instyle. Minah eonnie called in sick so I went in her place instead. "You wouldn't need two people to take care of one person right?" And I quote what manager-nim said to me. 

And so here we are, in the car, manager-nim driving in front, Daniel oppa sitting at the back, me beside him. Before we left, I was supposed to sit beside manager-nim but Daniel oppa pulled me to get in the 2nd row instead. When their manager asked, Daniel oppa said "I'll be bored here at the back." I chuckled in disbelief while he smiled back at me cheekily. All the while, Daniel op

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter